Short Few Questions (More Decimal Places, Trigger on Button Click, Etc.)

AaronPwner

Reaction score
1) Can I use more than 2 decimal places? I want to create a dynamic trading post that increases or decreases price depending on how much it has in stock and was going to use an exponential function [ 1.5(1.00018)^-x; where X=resource in trading post and Y= trade ratio ] however the editor can't go past 2 decimals.

2) Can I run a trigger off of a button click? Like make a button for a building, say an ability that doesn't do anything, and when it's on a certain trigger action takes place, and when it's off a certain trigger action takes place.

EX: Click Building Ability "Destroy on Click"

If X=0
Then
Turn On Trigger "DestroyClick"
Else
Turn Off Trigger "DestroyClick"
End

0WN3D

Reaction score
1) pretty sure world editor reals use 3 decimal.... Try showing real instead of intergers

2) Sry i dunno jazz etc etc etc

AaronPwner

Reaction score
1) 3 isn't enough, I need at least 5, anyone know how to use more than 3 decimals? It's a fricken computer you think it can do more than 3 :|

2) Anyone?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
2) So for example, like immolation, that toggles an effect? You can gather its given order to activate a function and deactivate upon the ability being turned off.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
1) 3 isn't enough, I need at least 5, anyone know how to use more than 3 decimals?
Is this in the Object Editor or Trigger Editor? If Object, I think you're out of luck. If Triggers, even though you can only type two decimals, if you use the Arithmetic function, it will use full precision (eg. 1.05*1.05 will properly be 1.1025 in-game.)

AaronPwner

Reaction score
Is this in the Object Editor or Trigger Editor? If Object, I think you're out of luck. If Triggers, even though you can only type two decimals, if you use the Arithmetic function, it will use full precision (eg. 1.05*1.05 will properly be 1.1025 in-game.)

Are you sure? I don't wanna spend forever setting up my exponetial dynamic trading post function and end up not working because it rounds up to 1.00 :\

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.