Show/Hide Button?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a trigger action Show/Hide button?

I DON'T mean able/disable button

My command center can train 9 units, but only the first unit must be visible in the command card in the start of the game, at every 25 levels/waves a new unit must be shown in the command card

Does anyone understands what I'm trying to make?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I would do this by using requirements and an upgrade. To do this, create an upgrade which has 8 levels. Every 25 levels/waves, give every player another level of the upgrade. Then create 8 requirements which checks the level of the upgrade (add your requirements under the Show folder so the button will be hidden when the requirement is not met). Then add the corresponding upgrade to the unit.

So, what will happen is that your 1st unit won't have a requirement attached to it because you can train them to begin with. You 2nd unit will have a requirement which checks if the player has level 1 of the upgrade. Your 3rd unit will have a requirement which checks if the player has level 2 of the upgrade and so on. Using the Show folder in the requirement will mean the buttons will be hidden when the player doesn't have access to the unit.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
There is an easier way, I think.

If every button has a unique ability, you can use the action: "Show/hide ability for unit" to show and hide the ones you want to have.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
That would be not possible for me since I using only 1 ability: Command Center - Train

I already made it this way now:

- I duplicated a shape unit (capsule) 8 times
- I called these units level 25, level 50, level 75, etc...
- Now I spawn for example the level 25 unit at level 25 of the game :)
- I set the requirements to count unit 'x' complete
- Ofcourse I made a trigger that sets the units hidden after they spawned, I tested this and they still seems to be in the map as long as you not remove them

I just hadn't thought about the requirement idea, thanks Dave

(I even can see now which requirement the player need for the unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.