Sick and Twisted - A solo project from Seth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I mentioned in the right thread that Damien wasn't going to be continued... I had planned on going through with the first like 25 pages, but... Fuck it. Not that interesting.

My reasoning? It was a spur of the moment plot and I realized I didn't like it... Too serious... Not funny enough.

SO! :D I started something else... And I sketched it, scanned it and PSed it all in a day. The PSing may need work... No shading or highlights, but I may add them down the line if I really get into this series.

NOTE! This is and any other comic will always take second place to Goth's High. That's a team thing, so I have to make it my first priority. Besides, it's still one of my favorite ideas I've ever had :)

Anyway... Random destruction of the most annoying man on earth. Thanks to Jimpy for giving me the idea of who I wanted to murder.

Last edited by a moderator:

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
"For about the billionth time" lololool

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Darthfett said:
Lol.

>>Another new random comic from Seth!

Should be

Another new random comic from Alex!

QFT

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
So what every time alex uses seth ina a post or thread title, we have to correct it? It's been done like 30 times already. It's getting annoying. In every thread alex maakes, I see:

Correction: Blah Blah Blah Blah alex.
Correction: Blah Blah Blah alex Blah Blah Blah Blah.
Correction: Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah alex Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
Correction: Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah alex Blah Blah.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually, W/E, I'm with you. Some people can call me Seth, some can call me Alex. I don't want entire posts dedicated to "OMG, you're Alex, not Seth!"

Be not stupid for a change, people... Read the comic and actually tell me what you actually think about, hmm? S'kinda why I posted it. Not so you can argue over who calls me what.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The funny thing is I know Gerrod - I used to work with him at Humanside International in Houston a few years back and he told me the Subway Sandwich story. He must of told that story to the right person to land the spokesperson gig. At least I can say I know someone famous LOL.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The Helper said:
The funny thing is I know Gerrod - I used to work with him at Humanside International in Houston a few years back and he told me the Subway Sandwich story. He must of told that story to the right person to land the spokesperson gig. At least I can say I know someone famous LOL.

:eek: <- That is literally what I look like right now... If I wasn't so damn tired and in a state of shock (or at least, it's coming) I'd take a picture to prove it...

Heh, I doubt ya still know him, but if you do, you should so show him that :D (And while you're at it, ask him if I can borrow $20... Hmm... Well... Yeah, ok, screw the money loan, I hate paying people back) I wonder if he'd find it funny :confused:

DM Cross

Reaction score
Amazingly, I got 2 done in 1 day... Dat's cool :cool: :shades:

Tell me whatcha think of this one. I used a Sharpie pen instead of just darkened pencil, and I think it came out a bit better.

Issue002-CT.jpg

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
1st one was okay but the 2nd one had me rolfing tons. Keep it up!

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
The artists conception of himself is funny. I mean what you think of yourself is funny ;)

Good comic, thats the type of humour people seem to like. And the art isn't too bad for being originally hand-drawn. It must be hell trying to make it look good with photoshop.

I personally like this more than goths high, but mainly because I like the humour.

Don't get me wrong, I like Goths High too, and check in regularily to see if theres something important I should know.

Maybe one day you will get paid to make comics :D

@The chat about Gerrod - LoL, thats awesome to know someone famous. All I got is a rich uncle, who owns a Canadian Tire. I wish I could meet the guy in the Canadian Tire commercial, so I could kick him hard in the nuts. And I mean real hard ;)

Have a nice night :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
The artists conception of himself is funny. I mean what you think of yourself is funny ;)

Actually, that's pretty close to what I look like. Beard's growin' in, glasses... Short with long brown hair that I try to push back nowadays. The only thing I left out was my actual style of clothing and my mustache, which I couldn't draw and make it look right :D

Good comic, thats the type of humour people seem to like. And the art isn't too bad for being originally hand-drawn. It must be hell trying to make it look good with photoshop.

Eh, it was actually pretty quick to photoshop. Took me maybe... An hour? And the most annoying part was erasing the mistakes and extra stuff and some of the sketching that didn't erase very well. The colors were all really easy.

I personally like this more than goths high, but mainly because I like the humour.

Yeah, this has the ORIGINAL Goth's High's kind of humor... Senseless violence >D Eventually, a storyline will develop, but it's still going to be senselessly violent :D

Don't get me wrong, I like Goths High too, and check in regularily to see if theres something important I should know.

Lol, that's cool to hear. We still need more members, but it's cool to see there's at least interested people out there :p

Maybe one day you will get paid to make comics :D

Yeah, that's one of my dreams :cool:

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
LoL, the 2nd one is much better than the 1st xD.

I don't really laugh so much, but that had me laughing a bit more inside than the 1st ^_^.

Good job as always :).

~Jindo

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
ROFL at the second one Seth. Good idea :p

Anyway, a story of senseless violence is fine, that's kind of ctrl alt del style.

You can also take a page from real life comics as it's called. Every now and then the writer makes some complete bs "storyline" to follow with lots of randomness thrown along. Like, for instance, at one point his character decides to move to california so there's this string of amusing comics about that. After than an old character calls him up and mentions he created this gigantic satellite laboratory thing or something so there's an amusing string about that. It's a more "spur of the moment" storyline, but it works :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Anyway, a story of senseless violence is fine, that's kind of ctrl alt del style.

Yeah, I was actually re-reading the entire series when I came up with the characters and stuff... I think the art style has been implanted on my brain, too :eek: :eek:

LoL, the 2nd one is much better than the 1st xD.

I don't really laugh so much, but that had me laughing a bit more inside than the 1st ^_^.

Good job as always .

~Jindo

Heh, sweet. Don't be too disappointed if I do more "celebrity" stuff >D But I'll definitely try to make them funnier ... Actually I even know how the next one's gonna be :D

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
I like it, you have a good idea. The art work is good, but not great. Can I do better? No. Can you? I think so. Spend more time on making the pictures rather than rushing through them "Two a day" may be an accomplishment however two okay comics, are not the equivilant in any way to one very good one. After all the pictures worth a thousand words, while the bubbles are worth about, 12-15. :p

You know how to draw posture well, however your expressions need some work -- or mabye they need to be more defined. A expression is the most important thing about the scene/person blah blah blah...

My point.

find a way to make your lines more defined rather than looking like the spraycan tool on paint.

I hope this helps, not in any way intended to be a flame.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I like it, you have a good idea. The art work is good, but not great. Can I do better? No. Can you? I think so. Spend more time on making the pictures rather than rushing through them "Two a day" may be an accomplishment however two okay comics, are not the equivilant in any way to one very good one. After all the pictures worth a thousand words, while the bubbles are worth about, 12-15. :p

Actually, I'm usually a fairly quick artist, whether or not it's good. Have you seen the art thread by me? I don't think any of those sketches took more than a few hours each, and some of them came out very well (regardless of the scanning quality)

You know how to draw posture well, however your expressions need some work -- or mabye they need to be more defined. A expression is the most important thing about the scene/person blah blah blah...

Yeah, I think when I went over them in sharpie and then scanned it, a lot of the quality went down, especially with the fine details like their faces... I'll work on how to improve it, but I can only do so much :( Especially when I'm this poor -.- The Sharpie markers I bought costs me more than I wanted them to, and I barely have any money anymore...

My point.

find a way to make your lines more defined rather than looking like the spraycan tool on paint.

Right now, I'm using Photoshop Elements. Rin told me about something for Goth's High that might be able to fix the lineness, but I have yet to DL it and try it out. I may, eventually, try it out on a sketch or something, but for right now, not much I can do.

I hope you were referring to the first comic about spray paint tools, cause... Well, that was done with pencil :D The second one was done with sharpie markers, and I thought it came out a lot better.

Not to mention it looks better on paper :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Issue three... Of what?

I still don't know what to call it -.-

Issue003-CT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.