Skill Trigger Backbone Frame - Help. [ A few]

ExTrainHeartnet

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm getting more familiar with the World Editor triggers now, and its about time to get into the more complex spells. I'd like to know how these spells are triggered if anyone would help me understand them :) Thx !

Advanced Trigger Skeletons-
============================================================
1. Omnislash - [ I actually want this a little different ]
Unlike the usuall omnislashes, I require mine to allow enemies to hit & even skill the omnislasher. The Omnislasher should only take damage up till it has 1 hp left and is invulnerable from that point.
The orbs effects and buffs should also be working on the omnislasher.

On a side note ;
This Omnislash starts off very differently. It Tosses an enemy unit on a target point of ground [ Much like DotA's tiny toss, then Leaps towards the tossed enemy unit automatically before the omnislash fully and automatically starts ]

2. Vacuum spell
This is something thats been quite a mystery to me... How are vacuum spells created? The only functions i've seen so far are move unit (Instantly) Which literally teleports the unit from1 point to the other without moving the unit.

3. Curving Projectiles.
Theres this skill which requires me to make a few projectiles draw out a "yin yang" symbol.... but the problem is I have no clue how to make a custom, curving path for projectiles.
=============================================================

Thanks All in advance -
Credits will be given to anyone who helps ;)

Imp Midna

Reaction score
1. Omnislash:
  1. The World Editor Help Forum
  2. Creating New Threads

• DOTA SPELLS - Please keep in mind that not everyone plays DotA. If you are asking for help with a DotA ability, then please describe the ability itself rather than just stating the name of it and assuming that we know what it does.
QFT.
2: Vacuum stuff:
From the Context i asume you want to move the unit as if it was sliding along the ground. Basically, you pause the unit so it doesnt move itself, and then use move unit instantly multiple times, moving them in small steps. You will need a timer to get some time between the moves; easiest GUI implimentation would be to use a periodic event; on cast, save the unit and the point it should move to into a variable, in the periodic trigger, move the unit nearer to the target point. With sufficiently small steps and a good timer period it will look as if it was sliding. No real JASS needed here as the timesteps should be quite small anyways.

3:
Make a dummy unit with the modell of the projectile; give it locust and invulnerability. Move it in the given shape using the method in 2. Note the view angle if the projectile has any. Guess you will need some mathmatics at this point to determine where to put your dummys. Note that Cos(angle)+Sin(angle)=1, so the distance between (x|y) and (x+r*Cos(angle) | y+r*Sin(angle)) will always be r. Might get the circle shape with this one. The 'Waves' might be approximated on the same way. (Or just make some relative movement with random constants till you think it looks nice.)

ExTrainHeartnet

Reaction score
Tq for quick reply !

Regarding the Omnislash - Sry : Heres the full details .

1.Omnislash cast. - Target Enemy Unit
2.Targeted unit is tossed [Sent flying like a trajectory projectile] 500 range from caster's facing angle.
3.Caster leaps towards tossed target unit. - Slow Attack animation + similar toss by dummy
4.Upon landing. Caster begins omnislash - the unit attacks with a high movement speed and attack speed. Buffs & orb effects should still work.
Looks SIMILAR to :

As for my version of omnislash, the caster is not invulnerable : BUT HP Must not drop below 1.

Edit :
About #2. Is there a different way other than pausing unit for vacuum spell? Because I'd like to allow players to 'blink' out of the vacuum area.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
As much as many hate this kinda reply, I'd like to answer your questions with a bunch questions. :p

1. Do you know how to trigger the normal Omnilash?
2. Do you know how to create a sliding trigger?
3. Do you know to abuse Crow Form ability to make normal unit fly and use the quadratic function to emulate a parabolic flight?
4. Do you know how to use the damage detection trigger?

If you can answer all of above, you can solve your problem #1.
The reason I did not explain the whole thing is because it'd take a long time to write out all the processes. I suggest you to search for tutorials for all of above. Baby steps, learn one at a time.

And after you learn all those, you will automatically know how to solve your problems #2 and #3.

You can learn sliding triggers in my map, check out Modern Warfare Weaponary in my signature. Look for Rifle. The bullet moves periodically via sliding trigger.

ExTrainHeartnet

Reaction score
As much as many hate this kinda reply, I'd like to answer your questions with a bunch questions. :p

1. Do you know how to trigger the normal Omnilash?
2. Do you know how to create a sliding trigger?
3. Do you know to abuse Crow Form ability to make normal unit fly and use the quadratic function to emulate a parabolic flight?
4. Do you know how to use the damage detection trigger?

If you can answer all of above, you can solve your problem #1.
The reason I did not explain the whole thing is because it'd take a long time to write out all the processes. I suggest you to search for tutorials for all of above. Baby steps, learn one at a time.

And after you learn all those, you will automatically know how to solve your problems #2 and #3.

You can learn sliding triggers in my map, check out Modern Warfare Weaponary in my signature. Look for Rifle. The bullet moves periodically via sliding trigger.
Nice check list :p
Hm.. lets see

1. Not really. I've did my research though and I have a rough idea of how it works . It seems everyone has their own idea, quite a few with pause unit function which I don't want :/

2. As for the sliding trigger. definitely not. I'll take a look at your map to see it. Thanks !

3. I should be fine with the quadratic functions. No to the abuse Crow Form though .

4. Not very familiar with damage detection triggers, but certainly know an idea of how they work.

I'll go do more research to see how.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.