Smart solutions and idéas for Massive RPG!

Tooblet

Reaction score
Ok, so the title was to intrigue the right kind of people :p

Well what I'm making is a rpg obviously, don't want to inform you guys to much about specifics or details about it. :D

The idéa of my rpg though is that it's NOT a big creep farming fest where u just go around killing random monsters and obtaining different kind of loot.
The general concept is that it is highly teamwork oriented.
With alot of big boss battles with difficult strategies that you will have to figure out amongst u and your pals. and also a great synergy between the different hero classes.
Imagine a RPG with cameras and systems and everything but with elements of that old Molten Core map and Impossible Bosses kind of thing..
It doesn't even have quests.
What it DOES have is challenges.
Alot of different events or challenges.. some might see them as "mini games"..
The plan is to have a massive world you run around in, and in different places, hidden or easy to get to. there are NPCs or something where u can "take a challenge"..

What I need help with is to sort of... come up with an awesome way to do this.
I am not asking you for different bossbattles or events or challenges or encounters..
What I need inspiration for is the system or sort of what way or form this should be done in.

I was thinking maybe there is an NPC that u "talk to" and you get a dialog where you can ask for info about the place or epic impossible challenge or dungeon he has to "offer".. and another button u can that says something like. "take me to challenge"... and u are teleported there..

Or should it just be a circle of power at points in the map where u just walk in them and are teleported..

I dunno.. I want something smart and Unique that is also possible to do without being a master of any kind of jass :p

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Not much to add, a Talk ability with dialogs is a good idea

Tooblet

Reaction score
But isnt there any cooler idéa?
or maybe just an addition to the dialog thingy?

AND, how would I solve this thing then..
I mean how would I go about doing it so it's easy to get and works properly with say 8 players.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.