Some basic scripting stuff

substance

Reaction score
So obviously this is new to everyone so I'm not expecting much but.. I've managed to create a new map, access the script tester from a newly created map (via Data -> View Script) and even added some new code and have it successfully compile.

However, I've noticed that there's no way to 'save' your changes. Any changes you make won't load up when you test the map and if you close/reopen the script then your changes will be gone.

I saw that you can 'export' your script as a .galaxy file but I'm not sure how you can link that file to a map?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
If you're unimpressed, then you haven't found all the new changes/features. So much has changed, but most of it is subtle. I've made a click-movement map with mouse-look and uses C to attack any unit within range that is currently visible. With the UI hidden, no UI at all.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
So obviously this is new to everyone so I'm not expecting much but.. I've managed to create a new map, access the script tester from a newly created map (via Data -> View Script) and even added some new code and have it successfully compile.

However, I've noticed that there's no way to 'save' your changes. Any changes you make won't load up when you test the map and if you close/reopen the script then your changes will be gone.

I saw that you can 'export' your script as a .galaxy file but I'm not sure how you can link that file to a map?

I have found no way to "officially" replace a maps galaxy file with another one. Some guy suggested replacing it with a mpq-editor.
The script test dialog can, btw, also open and save other galaxy files. It is probably blizzards way of an IDE of some sorts.
Right now, the import editor doesn't even recognize galaxy files.
I GUESS though, that, just like in wc3, it's possible to overwrite files from the mpq via the import editor.
It is also possible to rename and move files.
Saving a file as .txt and changing it to the apropriate .galaxy file might solve the problem.

I don't know where the .galaxy file is located in the mpq, so I can't try it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.