Someone want to join me making a DotA?

A

AnaXyd

Someone want to join me making a type of DotA?

Yeah, im making my own DotA. Its called DotA eXtreme now. I can maybe need a better name... I have created the map and everything. Its a bit like DotA "since it is DotA" but i have sunken ruins tileset instead of northrend. Its growing nice and im making heroes and spells now. That takes time! So, I need some help with ideas and such stuff. Someone want to help? Let me know!

Sargon

Reaction score
Why would we help you make a DotA clone? Think of your own idea, then get back to us.

And changing the tileset does not make the terrain new.

A

AnaXyd

Sargon said:
Why would we help you make a DotA clone? Think of your own idea, then get back to us.

And changing the tileset does not make the terrain new.

Ok i mean a kind of that game... not the same one of course... I just have that name now cuz i have no idea...

It doesent look like the DotA terrain of course...

T

Tubby115

Im working on a similar project, but instead of the traditional diagonal lanes, mine are going to be vertical (top to bottom), it's also going to have 5 lanes instead of three, and lanes will be "themed" (i/e: outer lanes are ranged creeps, middle is a combo and inner lanes are melee). Im thinking more of a heaven vs hell type premise rather than the generic world tree vs frozen throne. Im also hoping to throw in some random events and secret items. Im also looking for someone to make a bank system, if anyone can and is willing to do so, it would be much appreciated.

A

AnaXyd

Tubby115 said:
Im working on a similar project, but instead of the traditional diagonal lanes, mine are going to be vertical (top to bottom), it's also going to have 5 lanes instead of three, and lanes will be "themed" (i/e: outer lanes are ranged creeps, middle is a combo and inner lanes are melee). Im thinking more of a heaven vs hell type premise rather than the generic world tree vs frozen throne. Im also hoping to throw in some random events and secret items. Im also looking for someone to make a bank system, if anyone can and is willing to do so, it would be much appreciated.
Nice idea, but this seems like an hero siege maybe?

But my question was, do somebody want to help me? And make an unique one..? Or can I submit the project here on this forum?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
1 thing just don't call it a "dota type map". (sry 1 of my pet-peeves). Its an Aos like mentioned above.

Sry for late post.

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
Tubby115 said:

All you gotta do is use variables its not hard at all. I'll do it if you cant figure it out. Describe to me what you want in your banking system

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
I just have one stupid question.. Is there NOT? a game, Already called Dota Extreme, That is "EXACTLY" identical to yours? :nuts:

Rad

Reaction score
If i had a quarter for everyone making an AoS right now i'd probrably be able to afford a new XBox :rolleyes:

As they said dont use the name 'DotA' in ANYTHING. Seriously, people who like dota would laugh and say 'ahha another ripoff what a noob', the people who hate dota will just be like 'omg another one? warcraft SUCKS!' and the people who dont care probrably wouldnt care enough to play it anyways. And you thought names werent important :cool:

B

BlizzScripts

do not listen then we are here to help not to say what u should do:
-but the only thing u need to know is that:
make things that dota allstars dont have.
look for dota forums and check what they hate on it.
this way u may get a nice dota if u do with all your ability trying not to copy the terrain beacuse that will make it look like a clone.
and good luck :) the most important is !
Have Fun

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
i got a big list of upsets about dota Oo
1. We Hate Normal Spells
2. We Hate Back Dooring
3. We hate heros with no moderated buffs-spells-
4. We hate blink
5. God do i gotta go on? how many heros? like 30? with like 70 NORMAL wc abilityis?
6. lol way to TRASH dota is all heros have customized spells.. Even blink can be changed to look good.. like have it use The conversion effect instead of the little blink cloud.. anyways.. =p im bored this is boring

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
The correst term is AOS. Please don't use DotA as the above people will all flame you. I love DotA my self.

Other guys asking for help please create your own thread.

B

BlizzScripts

i dont under stand what is back dooring that every one says.
can some one tell me how a back dooring works for i can fix it ?

A

AnaXyd

Wasted_Savio said:
I just have one stupid question.. Is there NOT? a game, Already called Dota Extreme, That is "EXACTLY" identical to yours? :nuts:
Hmm i dont know, the name is just temporary... until i got my very own...
DotA-Crime said:
do not listen then we are here to help not to say what u should do:
-but the only thing u need to know is that:
make things that dota allstars dont have.
look for dota forums and check what they hate on it.
this way u may get a nice dota if u do with all your ability trying not to copy the terrain beacuse that will make it look like a clone.
and good luck the most important is !
Have Fun
Thx! :D Its good to have some points to look after! :)

I got 1 hero with no cool spells... Its named Vengeance and it like the Avatar of Vengeance... someone can give me ideas of spells to it?

And can someone help me with ideas to spells to an alchemist too? I got siphion gold(drains gold) and siphion power, (drains hp and mana. And gives you a little bit more intelligence for each time used..)

EDIT: How can I make an ability where the hero creates a random potion?

AND i got an hero named Burning Infernal with no spells... ideas?

After all, can someone give me some more ideas about heroes and spells? Im getting empty... :banghead:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well I dont have any ideas but I can help you beta test and make some spells for you. :cool:

A

AnaXyd

I tryed to make an ability that creates a random potion, but it sometimes comes 2 items... But i want it have a chance to create many potions, but not more than 1 a time...
Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Create Potion 
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\SpiritTouchTarget.mdl
        Set specft = (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        [COLOR=Red]If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 5) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Create Lesser Clarity Potion and give it to (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions[/COLOR]       
[COLOR=Red] If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Equal to 6
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Create Potion of Invisibility and give it to (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions[/COLOR]        Sound - Play GoodJob <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Casting unit)
        Special Effect - Destroy specft
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphTarget.mdl
        Set specft = (Last created special effect)
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy specft

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.