Someone want to join me making a DotA?

A

AnaXyd

Orc_Tamer said:
Well I dont have any ideas but I can help you beta test and make some spells for you. :cool:
Thx! I will post my map and you can beta test it. But I am far from done on v Beta 1, so it will come very soon!

R

Repo-Man

AnaXyd said:
I tryed to make an ability that creates a random potion, but it sometimes comes 2 items... But i want it have a chance to create many potions, but not more than 1 a time...
Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Create Potion 
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\SpiritTouchTarget.mdl
        Set specft = (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        [COLOR=Red]If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 5) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Create Lesser Clarity Potion and give it to (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions[/COLOR]       
[COLOR=Red] If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Equal to 6
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Create Potion of Invisibility and give it to (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions[/COLOR]        Sound - Play GoodJob <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Casting unit)
        Special Effect - Destroy specft
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphTarget.mdl
        Wait 1.00 seconds
Well that confuses me... anyway try putting the second IF/THEN/ElSE in the else part of the first one.

A

AnaXyd

Repo-Man said:
Well that confuses me... anyway try putting the second IF/THEN/ElSE in the else part of the first one.
I tryed, but it sometimes appear 2 items... Try to make the spell.. Maybe you understand it better...

R

Repo-Man

AnaXyd said:
I tryed, but it sometimes appear 2 items... Try to make the spell.. Maybe you understand it better...

Ok, I dont have enuf time to make the map but are you sure it still is making 2 because if it is 5 it makes the first on but if it isnt 5 it skips the then funcs and goes to the ifs...

Mabey try puting the random numbers in a var called say 'Ran' and if Ran is 5 it makes the second potion else it sets ran to a 1-10 number and checks it?

Also you can steal these abilities if ya want (i made them in my free time, if ya do use em put my name in somewhere for credits)

Attachments

• GOOD MAP.w3x
    23.5 KB · Views: 181
O

OwntX

Well, i can help you in your map if possible and i think i got a solution to the spell problem "random potion" unless you got it k.

A

AnaXyd

OwntX said:
Well, i can help you in your map if possible and i think i got a solution to the spell problem "random potion" unless you got it k.
I made the random potion to work with setting a variable be4 like this:

Code:
Create Potion lvl1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Create Potion 
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\SpiritTouchTarget.mdl
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Set integerUSEDINCREATEPOTION = (Random integer number between 1 and 10)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                integerUSEDINCREATEPOTION Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Create Healing Salve and give it to (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                integerUSEDINCREATEPOTION Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Create Clarity Potion and give it to (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                integerUSEDINCREATEPOTION Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Create Lesser Clarity Potion and give it to (Casting unit)
            Else - Actions
        Sound - Play GoodJob <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Casting unit)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\FaerieDragonInvis\FaerieDragon_Invis.mdl
        Wait 1.00 seconds

But did you want to join me making the map? If so mail me! :D

nomadian

Reaction score
Hmm all the people saying don't copy dota. Dota allstars was a copy of dota on roc and its probably the most successful map. And really dota is not all that original, its just a combination of certain other games.
Good luck with your map.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
if its stats are anything like dota, it will suck. because dota sux. if you want a good example of a perfectly designed aos, takes skill, animations totally realistic-kinestheticish, check out Tides of Blood.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
omg omg omg omg omg (rewind) omg omg omg omg omg

DotA was NOT made by IceFrog, he improved it alot, the true maker is a B.net player who quit, and IceFrog took possession of DotA, Now im not complaining or anything, DotA is much better now, but DotA was originally made by a retired B.net player.

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
first of all, why make another dota? dota already exists and does not need a dif version of it. Buuut if u were to say u were gonna make another AOS with origional ideas(not just another dota) then it would be like COOL.
and for that icefrog thing geoff said, yeah guinsoo made dota(i think it was guinsoo) and he made the origional dota on RoC, then TDA and icefrog took over dota and make Dota-Allstars and improved dota alot, but they arent the ones with the idea :D

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
wow, this is still up? i remember this from way back when i signed up X.x

Sargon

Reaction score
We all know the history of DotA Allstars. We don't need people to revive this thread with more inane posts about it. Either post about the purpose of the thread (the map project proposed) or do not post here at all.

D

Dragonknight

DOTA Secret Items...

What are the 3 Secret Items in DOTA Allstars 6.35?

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Sargon said:
We all know the history of DotA Allstars. We don't need people to revive this thread with more inane posts about it. Either post about the purpose of the thread (the map project proposed) or do not post here at all.
As u can see Dragonknight, you don't revive such trheads 4 such questions...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.