Special Hero abilities

TfauxT

Reaction score
What would be the format for a hero spell that deals X times x-stat?
Is a spell of this format possible without JASS or custom script?

Example: A cloven sword attack that deals massive damage to a single enemy.
(Damage: 3.5x agility)

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
You wern't very specific but if you meant an ability, and in addition to normal damage dealt by attacking then this would be it:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Level of Acid Bomb for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 3.50) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Try doing something like this:

Code:
Cloven Sword
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Cloven Sword
    Actions
        Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - (Real((Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))))

Set the damage of the ability to 0 or else you'll be dealing extra damage. If you want to do that extra damage, just put a value in the damage field for the ability, and the ability will do (damage of ability) + (agility). If you want a multiple, "real(agility of Casting unit x 5 (etc))"

Hope this helps

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
Ohh NVM you wanted a spell
I made a passive, yea da1nOnlyEd has a better one for what your looking for, but I recommend the cause unit to damage another unit thing so you get credit for the kills.

TfauxT

Reaction score
And if I may, humbly ask another question regarding this matter-- How would I also format a spell of similar nature to do area effect damage? Your help is very appreciated.

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
use a pick every unit in unit group (evrey unit in <area> around target unit/point) and then use the deal damage to picked unit from casting unit

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 3.50) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

something like that ^, make the base ability blizzard or something similar make sure it does NOTHING and volia

S

Slate.Master

If I am not mistaken there is the action [Cause unit to damage area] to do area of damage.
For the Clogon abillity, using the cause damage action is better as you can set the type of damage and the unit will get the credit for doing the damage.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken there is the action [Cause unit to damage area] to do area of damage.
For the Clogon abillity, using the cause damage action is better as you can set the type of damage and the unit will get the credit for doing the damage.
Yes, it is called Unit-Damage Area.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
But damaging the area also damages the source of it, I've tested it, trying to make an Epicenter (Original). But it damages the caster too, so I just stuck with the thunder clap style.

L

Lord_of_Sausage

But damaging the area also damages the source of it, I've tested it, trying to make an Epicenter (Original). But it damages the caster too, so I just stuck with the thunder clap style.

Also damages allied, easy to fix:

Code:
Event: Unit - Units start the effect of an abillity

Condition: Abillity - Abillity being cast equel to (Thunder Clap)

Actions: Unit Group - Pick every unit within (300) of (casting unit) matching condition (condition - (Owner of (picked unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) (Equel) to (false)) and do action (Unit - Damage (picked unit) dealing (Hero Stats (Strength) of (triggering unit)) * 3.5)

I know it looks advance, so another way would be useing the If/Then/Else trigger to check if the picked unit is againts or with, and then execute the damage in the Then or Else, based on if you are useing False or True.

Hope you got it ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.