spell cd = atk speed?

cryheart

Reaction score
how do i set my spell's cooldown to be the same as my attack speed?

example my hero uses berserk, set the other skills' cooldown to the same as the attack speed.

cryheart

Reaction score
hoho double posting is bad.

anw.. example my hero has a spell which cooldown is 2secs and i want to have the cooldown changed to value of my attack speed every sec, how would i do that.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
hoho double posting is bad.

anw.. example my hero has a spell which cooldown is 2secs and i want to have the cooldown changed to value of my attack speed every sec, how would i do that.
I still don't understand what you mean by this, what I'm getting from this is that if your attack speed is 5%, the c/d becomes 5. But this doesn't seem logical as if your attack speed is 50%, the c/d becomes 50 :confused: ?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It's not possible. Messing with spell cooldown is one of the hardest thing to do and most of the time, it's impossible to achieve what you want.

woot

Reaction score
You could create an ability and give it 100 or 200 levels or something and set its cooldown manually 100 times from 1 to 99 and use triggers to set the level of the ability for the unit to whatever the unit's attack speed is

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You could go the other way around tho, have the attackspeed changed to something similiar to the spell cooldown by adding/removing attackspeed changing skills:thup:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Try giving the unit the Engineering Upgrade ability, and create around 10 spells that have different cooldowns like 10 seconds to 1 second. Change the Engineering Upgrade level depending on the unit's attack speed. To check the unit attack speed you can either register how fast it attacks a unit or do some math like (Default Attack Speed 1.25) *.5 (Where .5 is beserk 50% attack speed bonus) try to round up/down to prevent errors.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Triggering an ability cooldown is hard... Detecting a unit's attack speed is harder... :p

(I feel like I'm being quite passive lately :p. Sorry...)

aredee

Reaction score
i understand it a little, but as i know, the attack speed is counted with a cooldown in object editor, and 1 second mean that unit only attack once per 1 second, if attack speed is counted with percentage, anyone know how to count it? it very difficult i think, or maybe almost impossible

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.