Spell Cooldown Resetting!

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
I am making a footmen fenzy map and i am having acouple problems with endgame ballance

The problem that i am having is that as players upgrade their units more and more twords the end of the game, it makes the heros of the game, less and less usefull because the units of the game are better...So how do i make my heros be able to be "upgradeable" too, so that players can spend their gold to make their heros more powerfull? My first solution to this was too add some more Items in to the game, This solution worked to help the heros that depend on their basic attack, not on their spells, the non caster based heros could buy items to help their attacks, but for the heros that are spell based, they could not really improove themselvs with items, at least not as much as an attack based hero, so...I need some sort of trigger or, some sort of item that could help my spell based heros.........
I had come up with the Solution to do something like an item that can be used, use triggers to reset all the spell cooldowns on a hero

so now that i have told you everything behind this here is my real question that i need help with

The idea above Would have worked for me, but i ran in to one problem...Some of my heros have spells that have very long cooldowns, if heros could use an item to reset these spells, then it would make these heros super over powered
So Is there a way to Reset Some cooldowns on a hero and not other cool downs? through Triggers or may be even some JASS?
Or is there a way to use JASS to reduce spell cooldowns?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I think you can just remove the appropriate ability and then add it again to reset its cooldown.

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Woah!

Okay so, to test out the Adding and removing abilitys, I made a trigger as folows

Spell Reseting
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Remove (Ability being cast) from (Casting unit)
Wait 0.25 seconds
Unit - Add (Ability being cast) to (Casting unit)

whenever any unit casted an ability, the ability would work properly, but then the box for the ability dissapeared, and the unit that casted the ability locked up and could not move, or cast any abilitys.

Shura

Reaction score
Just removing the ability and then instantly adding it back should be all you need to do. You don't need a wait in between.

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Spell Reseting
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
Actions
with this the ability just dissapers, and afterwards the unit can move and cast other abilitys but the ability stays gone

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
X(

Spell Reseting
Events
Conditions
Actions

Did not work. same thing happins, i made a new trigger, to make it work with ability levels for heros too, also i used varibles, but, same thing happins

This is my new trigger

Spell Reseting
Events
Conditions
Actions
Set varibleCastedAbility = (Ability being cast)
Set varibleLevelofability = (Level of varibleCastedAbility for (Casting unit))
Unit - Remove varibleCastedAbility from (Casting unit)
Unit - Add varibleCastedAbility to (Casting unit)
Unit - Set level of varibleCastedAbility for (Casting unit) to varibleLevelofability

canons200

Reaction score
so far i know, the trigger reset ability is to reset all ability, include item ability. So either use it or leave it

regarding the ability remove and add back. it will work fine if that is normal ability. But if the ability is learned by hero level up point............... even if you remove it, the minute the hero level up, you will be able to see it again.

to conclude, warcraft 3 is not a perfect system by itself. You got to choose it by yourself or think alternative method. Such as higher the reset item price, or create special item specific for caster hero.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
you could try hiding and unhiding the unit to fix locked up unit. i think the main problem here is the ability being removed while the unit is still casting it (even though the event is "Spell Finished", you could try adding a small wait before removing and adding the skill back

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Also, another thing you could do to fix the balancing issue is create spells that depends on the casting units' intelligence.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.