Spell Help

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Just great. This maybe the problem about the triggers i've been had all the time. Really funny; it doesn't work. (UG is correct, the unit's in there)

This simple spell refuses to work somehow... even a more complicated one with the same method instead it's area work. Now what? +rep and thanks 4 help.

Code:
Acord
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Acord 
    Actions
        Set Point2 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in UG_Tone[1]) Equal to True
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in UG_Tone[2]) Equal to True
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in UG_Tone[3]) Equal to True
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in UG_Tone[4]) Equal to True
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in UG_Tone[5]) Equal to True
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in UG_Tone[6]) Equal to True
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in UG_Tone[7]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point2 facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add Acords  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Acords  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Soul Burn (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point2 facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add Stun (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Stun (Neutral Hostile) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Curse  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Curse  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Faerie Fire  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Faerie Fire  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
lol dude thats alot of bs lol your first if/then/else blocks all the other stuff cause every unit is targeted and the trigger stops

the first then actions would fire every time are you trying to stack buffs or what?

EDIT: also why do you have that location var it doesnt do anything every spell targets the casters target not the loc var

EDIT: again also even if you got number 2 and 3 buffs to work then number 4 wouldnt cause its still over laping

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
why put stun,

use fire bolt skill if your ordering your unit to neutral=fire bolt
just to be sure.

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
i feel so stupid right now.... cause no one else sees it

if you guys can follow look

Code:
Acord
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
           [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]see all units are targeted here so then the else action cant go off..... and the else action is the rest of the spell[/COLOR] 
           Then - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Acords  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Soul Burn (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Stun (Neutral Hostile) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Curse  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Faerie Fire  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Acord  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions

if you want the 2 3 4 spells to go off you going to have to do this
Code:
Event
Condition
Action if/then/else
       if [1]
       then [1]
           if [2]
           then [2]
           else [2]
               if [3]
               then [3]
               else [3]
                   if [4]
                   then [4]
                   else [4]
       else [1]

now try too fallow if[1] targets all units so the rest of the code has to go into the then[1] area so that it will proceed to [2]

after that it will pic out 2,4,6
if its not one of those then it will proceed [3]
if it is itll stop
moving on to the if[3] target 1,3,5
if its not one of those then it will proceed to [4]
now [4] has a problem it targets 5,7,2 well 5,2 have been picked out already so then it would target only 7

the result would be

1 Acords, Curse
2 Acords, Stun
3 Acords, Curse
4 Acords, Stun
5 Acords, Curse
6 Acords, Stun
7 Acords, Feiry Fire

wow lots of typing i hope you guys picked that up

demotry241

Reaction score
i feel so stupid right now.... cause no one else sees it

if you guys can follow look

Code:
Acord
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
           [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]see all units are targeted here so then the else action cant go off..... and the else action is the rest of the spell[/COLOR] 
           Then - Actions
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions

There is no Else action...
if you could see

[Space] ELSE]
IF <<< theres the if , not in the else.

if you see

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
lol dude thats alot of bs lol your first if/then/else blocks all the other stuff cause every unit is targeted and the trigger stops

the first then actions would fire every time are you trying to stack buffs or what?

EDIT: also why do you have that location var it doesnt do anything every spell targets the casters target not the loc var

EDIT: again also even if you got number 2 and 3 buffs to work then number 4 wouldnt cause its still over laping

-To create a dummy
-it's not in the 'else'. look more carefully
-I want it to make effects if the target have some buffs

[edit] he's faster than me

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
There is no Else action...
if you could see

[Space] ELSE]
IF <<< theres the if , not in the else.

if you see

yes theres an else and the else is the way to move on so theres a 100% chance not to move on out of those 7 units

Edit: i see now lol thought the if was the else action all that typing for nothing

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
you should try it... if/then/else...
when conditions r true, it exceute the then and after that it moves to the next line...
if false, execute the else and go to the next line...

Just like a branched path, so when it's not on else, it'll still be executed no matter if its true or false. it's out of if/then/else

Back to problem. help please... (this is so weird so actually im waitin 4 ace)

demotry241

Reaction score
when conditions r true, it exceute the then and after that it moves to the next line...

Just like a branched path, so when it's not on else, it'll still be executed no matter if its true or false. it's out of if/then/else

Yes.. I know it works like this too ,because i too has made triggers like that

anyway tell me what you dont like about yourself....

err tell me what is the Wrong Part of this trigger:?
example: it just won't cast?, it just dies?, it just stare?.

HappyPeasant

Reaction score

Back to problem. help please... (this is so weird so actually im waitin 4 ace)

then i was right after the first if/then/else it would stop..... cause the first if targets all units.... or am i holusenating again

demotry241

Reaction score
then i was right after the first if/then/else it would stop..... cause the first if targets all units.... or am i holusenating again

your not hallucinating.

you have no editor correct.? well now anyway.

btw.. i'll create a test map.. >.>

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
at least a dummy spawns, and dunno if it cast the spell or what; it play a cast animation but no one got the effect.

And the most funny part : after each if/then/else i show a game text; and they're working. so; the problem is on dummy spawning or ordering. I have a hunch about the fireball is the trouble source but moving it downwards don't do anything. Probably it's just me (everytime i made a spell with fireball it bugs like this or maybe just coincidence)...

demotry241

Reaction score
I gotta ask an important detail... is this a target aoe like blizzard.., a point target, or a target unit?

THE_X

Reaction score
are you shure those are the correct units, you should give your dummys a model just to see if they are even being created. and check the spells make shure they can be cast by the dummy

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
soul burn; of course unit.

The X : already. even if it creates more than 1 it'll stuck that's why i said at least 1 is created.

demotry241

Reaction score
This is tHe trigger that i created in my test map.. and note IT WORKS

AND ALSO, my dummy unit is XD

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to TAHOOOO 
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[1]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[2]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[3]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[4]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[5]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[6]
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 DUMMY UNIT for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add Soul BERN  to (Last created unit)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[1]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[2]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[3]
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 DUMMY UNIT for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add BOLT  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[4]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[5]
                        (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Footies[6]
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

tell me if you need the test map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.