Spell ideas specialized on Melee/Ranged/Caster

Happy

Reaction score
hey all...

im making a new map...and yeah i need spells like the title already says xD but i need spell ideas of another type than normal....i need spells ONLY for melee heroes OR ONLY for ranged heroes OR ONLY for caster heroes.

i know sounds like the normal ones but in my map the 3 teams are melee, caster and ranged and so i need spell specialized on these 3 groups. they shall only be usable for one of these 3 groups and they shall fit to only 1 of these 3 groups. i hope you got^^ but i think so xD

thanks in advance

happy

p.s. for sure the name of the thinking brain of every spell ill use will get a place in my map^^

Music Man

Cool Member
Reaction score
hey all...

im making a new map...and yeah i need spells like the title already says xD but i need spell ideas of another type than normal....i need spells ONLY for melee heroes OR ONLY for ranged heroes OR ONLY for caster heroes.

i know sounds like the normal ones but in my map the 3 teams are melee, caster and ranged and so i need spell specialized on these 3 groups. they shall only be usable for one of these 3 groups and they shall fit to only 1 of these 3 groups. i hope you got^^ but i think so xD

thanks in advance

happy

p.s. for sure the name of the thinking brain of every spell ill use will get a place in my map^^

So are you simply looking for abilities that a melee, ranged, or caster hero would use? The ideas here range in the difficulty in creating them from GUI, but for the most part, are pretty easy and look cool:

Melee ideas:

(stuns)
Forceful Blow:

Knocks back unit x amount of feet, stuns, and creates a terrain deformation of a ripple at the position of the unit being attacked for like .5 or 1 second.

Level 1: Knock back 75, stun .5
Level 2: Knock back 150, stun 1
etc to level 4

Charge:

Just pause the unit being charged when the distance between the units is less than or equal to 300...(or whatever combat range you want to use) for like 1 or 2 seconds. Also add a movement speed bonus to the unit charging and some damage dealt.

Level 1: Range 700, movement speed buff 20, damage 50, stun 1 second
Level 2: Range 800, movement speed buff 30, damage 75, stun 1.25 seconds
Level 3: Range 900, movement speed buff 40, damage 100, stun 1.5 seconds
Level 4: Range 1000, movement speed buff 50, damage 125, stun 1.75 seconds

Intimidation:

Use a battle roar and make all units that are not allied to you in x range from you pause (stunned) for around y seconds.

Level 1: Units in range 200 stunned for 1 seconds
Level 2: Units in range 300 stunned for 1.5 seconds
Level 3: Units in range 400 stunned for 2 seconds
Level 4: Units in range 500 stunned for 2.5 seconds

(Movement)

Leg Stab:

Added a special effect of some blood at the units right and left legs.
Reduces movement speed and deals small amount of damage with improved
duration as well.

Level 1: Movement speed -25, damage 20, lasts 3 seconds
Level 2: Movement speed -40. damage 35, lasts 4 seconds
Level 3: Movement speed -55, damage 50, lasts 5 seconds
Level 4: Movement speed -70, damage 65, lasts 6 seconds

---------------------------------

Range:

Check out the Archer Wars custom map, some very good ideas in there for ranged units. Like explosive arrows and sniping ability.

Traps(Fire..Frost...)

Fire traps deal damage (some over time), Frost either stun target and make invulnerable (like WoW) or slow target.

Barrage

Increases attack speed briefly

Disengage

Fun and easy from WoW again.. just shoot the caster back (but no cast time) a distance of like 500+ (better by level).

Volley

This is one of those perhaps difficult, but cool looking abilities.
Unit repeats attack animation while paused and damages area of 600
while a special effect of some kinda of arrow is being played in various points around the area.

-------------------------------

Caster

Encase

Create a bunch of rocks around the unit that stack over him, the rock die in like 2 or 3 hits, and you can hit the guy while he attempts to get out.

Environmental Shift

Toggle the shift of the choosing you want to frost, fire, or some other terrain type and change the area of like a cone in front of you over time. Manipulate what happen to units in this area.

Meteor Storm

Change firestorm around :D

Harsh Winds

Units in region of the the blast area paused (while in the area) and moved back x distance.

Any help with these triggers I can provide if you need.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
Melee:

Poison Blades: low mana cost an low cooldown
the hero strike the target with it's poison blades the poison reduce ms and as by 80% for 2/3/4/5/etc. seconds.

Raging blow :
the hero sacrifice 5/4/3/2% of his life dealing an killing strike to units below lv 5 and an critical hit to units above lv 5

Destructive stomp : Aoe dmg and may critical hit if target has hp lower than 30%

Dancing Swords : cast swords that start attacking all nearby units if an hero is near all swords will start attacking only that hero

Ranged

Binding Scream : a scream that will bind all targets that are situated at 500 range to 800 if they are to close they will get an bonus ms of 3%

tracking: cast one bird that will automatically go to an enemy hero that is outside of sight range but no more than 1200 [camera will follow the bird ]

{i will try to come with more ]

Happy

Reaction score
thank you xD really good ideas....will surely use some of them^^

btw...a good knockback system?? someone can recommend one??

and for sure more ideas if someone has some ^^

EDIT: just to carify...fitting for each team shall mean :
melee: NO ranged or magic attacks
caster: NO melee attacks
ranged: NO melee or magic attacks

so only caster shall be able to do unusually things like creating fire somewhere or something like that....

mapguy

Reaction score
CASTER
Ethereal impact: (CHANNELING) drains 50 mana point per second of the target. Instead of storing this points you can return them to the target, dealing 1 point of damage per point of mana and 1 second of stun. (Drain lasts up to 4 seconds)

Magical barrier: creates a barrier that protects all units in an area from external damage (Blocks the next 300 points of damage and the dissipates). The barrier is created in an area, but it dont follows units, it stills there.
(barrier).....:Dme........:mad:enemy(not blocked)..........(barrier) .....................:mad:enemy (blocked)

summon hill: causes the terrain to form a hill at target location causing all enemies to slide downhill every time they try to climp up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.