Spell ideas.

mr_fj

Reaction score
I need some spell ideas, credits if i use your ideas - I would like them to be fairly simple, and prefarely not triggered.

I need 2 archer ultimate spells, 2 paladin ultimate spells, 2 mage ultimate spells (posibly nature inspired), 4 regular archer spells, 6 regular paladin spells, and 4 regular mage spells.

Thanks in advantage :)

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
GL with all those abils, I only got one idea :p

For the mage, how bout an ability that creates a wind storm, damaging everything in the area for a set amount of time..

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
"preferable non-triggered..." that limits you to the normal wc3 spells pretty much, and are your hero's going to have 2 ulti's?

mr_fj

Reaction score
GL with all those abils, I only got one idea :p

For the mage, how bout an ability that creates a wind storm, damaging everything in the area for a set amount of time..

Hmm that's a good idea... i could base it off the beastmaster ultimate... now i just need a wind model :p Or maybe leaves? Thanks +Rep and credits if i use it :)

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
i like the idea of rapid fire for archers. but its a problem with attack speed. i tried the chemical rage but you need to construct 3 additional hero types since cr is a morph ability. i especially like it because it is not a passive skill, because there are a lot of passive skills for archers but a unit with only passive skill suxx.

but than you not only can alter the attack speed of your model but also the arrow style. an what i preferred was to reduce the speed of the model to 0.

so the archer has +50/100/150% attackspeed but at the cost that it cant move during the time. lets say 10 secs.

mr_fj

Reaction score

Thanks i will look into it :) +Rep

i like the idea of rapid fire for archers. but its a problem with attack speed. i tried the chemical rage but you need to construct 3 additional hero types since cr is a morph ability. i especially like it because it is not a passive skill, because there are a lot of passive skills for archers but a unit with only passive skill suxx.

but than you not only can alter the attack speed of your model but also the arrow style. an what i preferred was to reduce the speed of the model to 0.

so the archer has +50/100/150% attackspeed but at the cost that it cant move during the time. lets say 10 secs.

Very nice idea, i agree a hero with pure passive skills is boring :) + Rep and credits if i decide to use it.

I still need more ideas, so please, write a comment and i will give you some rep and credits if i use the spell. Thanks :)

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
hm i think of a protection pala. something like

Devine Retribution: ranged attacks are deflected on to the attacker (base footie skill?)

Holy Shield: Melee attackers receive damage on attack (thorns aura?)

Rightous Intervention: Enemy units fokus paladin, paladin highly resistent against dmg (kind of taunt)

Consecration: area beneath pala or in range area of damage effect

or how about a retribution pala?

Judgement: small range damage skill that applies a negative buff on enemy

Repentance: stuns unit for seconds (or sleep), if target prior has crusader debuff it gets extra damage over time, thats a combo with crusader strike

Crusade: hm like aura of chieftain. +attack speed and speed or so

Conversion: Take control over target unit (like ranger ultimate)

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
hm what kind of archers? military? hunter? marksman?

if you think of hunters or assassins you may use traps like troll medicine guys, or summon autofire traps or summon land mines :) ? or how about a pet for your archer? like a wolf or eagle?

my dwarf uses rockets of the neutral goblin tinkerer and chieftains shockwave :) looks kinda cool if your dwarfs shoots a super blast :)

a silence shot would be useful that disrupts enemy hero channeling spells.

windwalk also good for archers.

if its some kind of military archer he may also use bombs.

i guess multi shot is very popular for archers.

mr_fj

Reaction score
hm i think of a protection pala. something like

Devine Retribution: ranged attacks are deflected on to the attacker (base footie skill?)

Holy Shield: Melee attackers receive damage on attack (thorns aura?)

Rightous Intervention: Enemy units fokus paladin, paladin highly resistent against dmg (kind of taunt)

Consecration: area beneath pala or in range area of damage effect

or how about a retribution pala?

Judgement: small range damage skill that applies a negative buff on enemy

Repentance: stuns unit for seconds (or sleep), if target prior has crusader debuff it gets extra damage over time, thats a combo with crusader strike

Crusade: hm like aura of chieftain. +attack speed and speed or so

Conversion: Take control over target unit (like ranger ultimate

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

hm what kind of archers? military? hunter? marksman?

if you think of hunters or assassins you may use traps like troll medicine guys, or summon autofire traps or summon land mines :) ? or how about a pet for your archer? like a wolf or eagle?

my dwarf uses rockets of the neutral goblin tinkerer and chieftains shockwave :) looks kinda cool if your dwarfs shoots a super blast :)

a silence shot would be useful that disrupts enemy hero channeling spells.

windwalk also good for archers.

if its some kind of military archer he may also use bombs.

i guess multi shot is very popular for archers.

Hmm those are fine ideas, i think i will use some of them :) And the others i will proberbly use as inspiration for other spells :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks alot for all the archer ideas, i don't think i will use ecsactly your spells, but it definatly gave me a good idea of what my archer should be like: Specialiced in one type. Hunter, military, etc.

Thanks alot +rep and credits if i use any of your spells :) (You can count on that ;))

Fell free to at more (mage stuff mostly :))

Edit: Well i can't give you more rep atm, but i will soon :)

Sinan2

Reaction score
You can do a mage fire nova.
Here's the trigger:
Code:
Fire Nova
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Fire Nova
    Actions
        Set TempCaster = (Casting unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TempPoint = ((Position of TempCaster) offset by 500.00 towards (30.00 x (Integer A)) degrees)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
        Set TempGroup = (Units within 500.00 of TempPoint matching (((Picked player) is an enemy of (Owner of TempCaster)) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Cause TempCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
                    Else - Actions
        Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
I know you didn't want triggered spells, but I gave the trigger, so it shouldn't be hard :)

mr_fj

Reaction score
You can do a mage fire nova.
Here's the trigger:
Code:
Fire Nova
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Fire Nova
    Actions
        Set TempCaster = (Casting unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TempPoint = ((Position of TempCaster) offset by 500.00 towards (30.00 x (Integer A)) degrees)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
        Set TempGroup = (Units within 500.00 of TempPoint matching (((Picked player) is an enemy of (Owner of TempCaster)) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Cause TempCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
                    Else - Actions
        Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
I know you didn't want triggered spells, but I gave the trigger, so it shouldn't be hard :)

It's not because they are hard to make.

The reason that i don't wanna have triggered spells, is split in two:

1: I don't want to much "Eyecandy" i want the spells to stay simple, but this spells seems rater simple so i guess thats okay.

2: I want it to be 100% multiplayer compatible. Is this spell ferfect multiplayer compatible? Can be cast up to 12 times at the same time (Ofcouse that would lag but...) and still work?

No matter if i use this spell or not, u deserve +rep :) and ofcourse there is credits if i use it

Thanks.

I still could use more ideas :)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Spells dont lag as often as most people think, how big is the chance every single person in your game has a mage, and that they cast fire nova at the same time? :D

Anyway, mage spells?

How about:
-Summoning spells
-beam (shockwave)
-blizzard, starfall, anything like those.
-frost nova
-cluster rockets (with other missle art)

All kinds of non-trigger spells who already are/can be made into mage spells.

mr_fj

Reaction score
Yes, it can be used in multiplayer.

thx :)

Spells dont lag as often as most people think, how big is the chance every single person in your game has a mage, and that they cast fire nova at the same time? :D

Anyway, mage spells?

How about:
-Summoning spells
-beam (shockwave)
-blizzard, starfall, anything like those.
-frost nova
-cluster rockets (with other missle art)

All kinds of non-trigger spells who already are/can be made into mage spells.

i guess...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.