Spellbook skills problem

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Hi,
An ability I'm making is called Witchers' Mysteries, which is based on Spell Book. It has 10 dummy abilities inside (based on Berserk) which when clicked, give you a real ability depending on the dummy ability cast. The 10 real abilities are divided into 2 sub groups, and each sub group has its own hotkey. When you cast a new dummy ability from inside the spell book, all real abilities from its sub group are removed to make room for the new one. So, IE;

I cast the dummy ability "Potion of the Swallow", then exit my spell book. I now have the real ability "Potion of the Swallow", which has coords 1,2 (subgrp "targeted"). Because I feel like changing, I go into my spell book once more and press the "Potion of the Tawny Owl". When I exit the spell book, "Potion of the Swallow" has been removed and in its place is "Potion of the Tawny Owl" instead.

Now, here's my problem: It doesn't matter if I press ".. Tawny Owl" or ".. Swallow", I always get ".. Tawny Owl". Here are my triggers;

Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • -------- Witcher Secrets (1,2) --------
      • Set WS_ARRAY_1[1] = Potion of The Swallow
      • Set WS_ARRAY_1[2] = Potion of the Tawny Owl
      • Set WS_ARRAY_1[3] = Elixir of Dragons' Dream
      • Set WS_ARRAY_1[4] = Potion of the Zerrakanian Sun
      • -------- Witcher Secrets (2,2) --------
      • Set WS_ARRAY_2[1] = Potion of White Honey
      • Set WS_ARRAY_2[2] = Thunderbolt Potion
      • Set WS_ARRAY_2[3] = Elixir of Black Blood
      • Set WS_ARRAY_2[4] = Hanged Mans' Venom

Trigger:
  • Witchers Secrets
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove WS_ARRAY_1[WS_INT_1] from (Casting unit)
          • Set WS_INT_1 = (WS_INT_1 + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Dummy 1) Potion of the Swallow
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Potion of The Swallow to (Casting unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Potion of The Swallow for (Casting unit) to (Level of Witchers' Secrets for (Casting unit))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Dummy 2) Potion of the Tawny Owl
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Potion of the Tawny Owl to (Casting unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Potion of the Tawny Owl for (Casting unit) to (Level of Witchers' Secrets for (Casting unit))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Dummy 4) Elixir of Dragons' Dream
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Elixir of Dragons' Dream to (Casting unit)
                  • Unit - Set level of Elixir of Dragons' Dream for (Casting unit) to (Level of Witchers' Secrets for (Casting unit))
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Dummy 8) Potion of the Zerrakanian Sun
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Potion of the Zerrakanian Sun to (Casting unit)
                      • Unit - Set level of Potion of the Zerrakanian Sun for (Casting unit) to (Level of Witchers' Secrets for (Casting unit))
                    • Else - Actions

WS_INT_1 is an integer with base value 1.

Help greatly appreciated!

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Isn't it possible that your hero gets screwed up because of Order Strings?
I mean, if it has 10 spells based off Berserk, it's going to try and cast them all at once if they're based off the same ability.

To check if this is true, try removing the Scrawny Owl from the spellbook. If your unit still gets Scary Owl, then the problem is definately not with Order Strings. If you don't get it, try basing all your skills of Channel instead, or use a different Order String for your spells (I only think that's possible with Channel though).

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Ok yeah, the first thing didn't work so I'm trying yours out :)

EDIT: Tried it, and it worked. :) Just have to remake all my dummy abilities then
EDIT 2: It works! Forgot to set Channel to "Visible" so got confused for a bit. +++REP!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.