Spells, Cinematic, Tips

Vunjo

Reaction score
>Spells<
Can anyone tell me how to make a Hero get spell in spellbook every 5 levels?

>Cinematic<
Usually, when cinematic mode is on, my map is revealed. Is there a way to fix it?

>Tips<
I have 6 sentences about how to play a game. Is there a way that every x seconds, it shows a RANDOM text. Right now, for every sentence, i have triggers, all with different time x.

sorry i didn't make 3 threads =D

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
Ability
-Dont understand, be more clear.

Cinamatic
-Not sure, sorry.

Tips
Required Variables
  • Tips - String[Array]

Required Triggers
Trigger:
  • Melee initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Tips[1] = This is the text for tip 1.
      • Set Tips[2] = This is the text for tip 2.
      • Set Tips[3] = This is the text for tip 3.

Trigger:
  • ShowTips
    • Events
      • Time - Every x seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to x the text: (|cffff0000TIP:|r + Tips[(Random integer number between 1 and x)])

You need to make as much tips as you'd like, then go edit how often you want a tip to be displayed then edit to what players you'd like to show these tips to then you edit show tip from random number of 1 to x the total number of tips you have. Note: The way this is triggered is to be simple, so some tips can be showed more than once.

Vunjo

Reaction score
>Spells<
Every Hero has a spellbook.
If a Hero is 1. level, then in spellbook will be only 1 spell.
When Hero reaches 5. level, then in spellbook will appear another spell (2 spells now)
and so on....
Note: I have 14 Heroes, Each with 10 spells. It would take 140 triggers to do it my way, so i think there is a way using variables.
Most of RPGs and ORPGs have it, so I want to have it too

Thanks!

Jedi

Reaction score
Don't use cinematic mode, just turn on letterbox and disable control.

Jedi

Reaction score
This :D
Trigger:
  • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds

Vunjo

Reaction score
as the name sas, this will show cinematic text? Transmision from unit or what ever xD

Vunjo

Reaction score
Ability
-Dont understand, be more clear.

Cinamatic
-Not sure, sorry.

Tips
Required Variables
  • Tips - String[Array]

Required Triggers
Trigger:
  • Melee initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Tips[1] = This is the text for tip 1.
      • Set Tips[2] = This is the text for tip 2.
      • Set Tips[3] = This is the text for tip 3.

Trigger:
  • ShowTips
    • Events
      • Time - Every x seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to x the text: (|cffff0000TIP:|r + Tips[(Random integer number between 1 and x)])

You need to make as much tips as you'd like, then go edit how often you want a tip to be displayed then edit to what players you'd like to show these tips to then you edit show tip from random number of 1 to x the total number of tips you have. Note: The way this is triggered is to be simple, so some tips can be showed more than once.

With this thing, it works fine, but it sometimes show 2 texts at once, any ideas?

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Okay, I think I may have a solution for your first spellbook problem. Listen carefully. You have the spell book item with the spell in it, right? It's in the units inventory. Okay. here's my solution. At level 5, that spell book is REMOVED, and REPLACED by a second spellbook with the first spell, but also a second spell inside. Which means one spell book for every five levels, which isnt too hard considering you're just copy pasting the item and putting the spells in it. Though I do not know what the exact trigger would be, someone might see this and have a suggestion for you. If I realise what the trigger is, i'll let you know.

Vunjo

Reaction score
Okay, I think I may have a solution for your first spellbook problem. Listen carefully. You have the spell book item with the spell in it, right? It's in the units inventory. Okay. here's my solution. At level 5, that spell book is REMOVED, and REPLACED by a second spellbook with the first spell, but also a second spell inside. Which means one spell book for every five levels, which isnt too hard considering you're just copy pasting the item and putting the spells in it. Though I do not know what the exact trigger would be, someone might see this and have a suggestion for you. If I realise what the trigger is, i'll let you know.

Well everybody knows that way:D:D:D
And i should make hmm, 160 new spellbooks and 160 new triggers, i know it's just copy and paste, and i know how to do that, but i think it would be waste of time :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.