RPG SpellSword RPG

Gladius_Tito

Reaction score
I'm currently making an RPG called SpellSword RPG. I might change it into an ORPG; I'm considering it.

This is my first map EVER, so don't criticize it just because it can't match the standards of other RPG's.

Code:
Features:
-Equipment System
-Visual Equipment
-Manual attack system, with a custom algorithm
-Spell and Skill system (Will elaborate on later)
-Five types of Primary Weapons, and 2 types of Secondary Weapons
-12 slot Inventory (Only 12)
-Repeatable Recipe System
-Third Person View
-Extra Stats
-Save/Load System (Of course)
-Spawn Revival (Of course)
-Dungeons (Of coursee)

Equipment and Visual System:

A basic concept; use an item, and you'll equip it. It will show on your hero, adding X attack to the algorithm.
Items that can be equiped are:

OneHanded Sword/Shield
TwoHanded Sword
Axe
Spear
Staff
Chest Armor
Helmets
Misc (Bow&Quiver, Guns, Sword Holder, etc.)

Each has its own distinctive use, and passive abilities.

Manual Attack System

A system triggered by hitting the "A" key. It uses a formula involving Strength and Attack Stats. Each hit drains Stamina. Will elaborate more in later updates.

Spell and Skill System:

You can choose 4 out of 11 Spell Books with 5 levels each, each with its own specific use and 4 distinct spells/skills.

The difference between spells and skills are that Spell Books that you unlock already have all 4 spells unlocked. Leveling them will increase their potency.

Skill Books are unlocked one by one. When you first unlock it, you get a standard skill. Leveling it up again will grant you another skill, and increase the strength of your already unlocked skill/s. After all skills are unlocked in the skill book, the remaining levels just increase its strength.

Skills will only rarely use up mana. Most will use up Stamina, which I need to format first.

If any of you have ideas on what kind of Spell Books I should use, and what its spells should be, feel free to post them.

Inventory

The Inventory is restricted to 12 slots. It forces you to manage your Inventory better. There will be a bank where you can deposit up to 18 items.
I'm considering putting a tax on gold recieved from kills for the bank system.

Recipe System

It basically allows you to make certain items over and over again. Just in case anyone sells their weapon.

Third Person View just keeps the camera locked behind the hero.

Stats:

I'm adding extra stats to the main 3. To check them, you merely type -stats.

They are:
Attack (Increases damage of melee weapons)
Dexterity (Increases evasion and Bow damage)
Arcana (Increases magic power and staff damage)
Stamina (Can run longer, and attack more)

Any more ideas for stats would be appreciated.

You choose what stats recieve increases each level.

I'll be using AceHart's Save/Load System, a basic Spawn Revival and Drop System, and I'll be adding multiple dungeons.

Notice: All of the triggers, besides AceHart's system, are GUI.

I'll post screenshots as soon as I get the first section and town done!

After that, I'll post a demo, screenshots, and let you criticize it!

By the way, if anybody has a good unarmed model lying around, I'll be grateful. :)

asipo

Reaction score
Hi, i would like to voice up some opinions here.

I have experience playing wc3 game with 3rd person view.
Honestly said that its not very practical. especially when you move unit with mouse.
But unit movement with keyboard is okay.

I'm also new with map editor. Since you saying that this is your first map ever, why dont you make the game simple as possible?.

I have an RPG game based idea but somehow feel like lack of experience and confident to become a project leader. Want to create a same game together?. But i really want to follow my own idea, you can refer from here

about the idea of the game that i would like to create
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1066068#post1066068

Gladius_Tito

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but so far, I'm actually going pretty well with my map.

Screenshots are coming soon. Just need to find out how to upload it...

SnowCrow

Reaction score
You can attach images to these forums. :) Just choose manage attachments when writing a new post.

Gladius_Tito

Reaction score
I'm not working on this anymore. It had too many flaws, and I decided to make a new RPG from scratch instead of working through the numerous bugs.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Features:
-Equipment System
-Visual Equipment
-Manual attack system, with a custom algorithm
-Spell and Skill system (Will elaborate on later)
-Five types of Primary Weapons, and 2 types of Secondary Weapons
-12 slot Inventory (Only 12)
-Repeatable Recipe System
-Third Person View
-Extra Stats
-Save/Load System (Of course)
-Spawn Revival (Of course)
-Dungeons (Of coursee)

- Every RPG has one?
- What? If you mean a full-screen GUI, that's BAD.
- So what? Is it fun? Is it immersive? Does it work well? Ofc it doesn't. I'd rather use the regular attack system, to be honest, it's what I'm used to. Manual attacks get so tedious after a while.
- Um... spell and skill system. That's pretty broad, but see first bullet point.
- That seems pointless.
- Why? 6 is enough imo.
- What the hell is a repeatable recipe?
- Screenshot the angle so we can actually see it.
- Extra stats? Oh yay, more stuff to make the game confusing and shitty. I advise you stick with STR/AGI/INT.

Overall it sounds like every other RPG out there: poorly thought out, if thought out at all, just a bunch of random features stuffed together into a world with no particular theme.

You should try thinking about the game itself instead of getting so carried away with custom features. That's what TKoK did wrong, that's what TBR is doing wrong, and it's what every other failed, un-heard of RPG did wrong.

Gladius_Tito

Reaction score
First off, I said I abandoned this project.

Second off, I said this WAS my first RPG, and being that its in GUI, there's limits about what I could or could not do.

By the way, Visual Equipment, to me, is basically equipment that you can see, aka VISABLE, on your hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.