US News St. Louis Claims First Pregnant Catholic Priest

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
jessica_rowley.jpg

A little over a year ago, 26-year-old Jessica Rowley shattered the stained-glass ceiling, so to speak, by being ordained a Catholic priest. Now the St. Louisan is on the verge of giving birth to her first child, and a Washington, D.C.-based group that advocates for women’s ordination says that makes Rowley the world’s first pregnant Catholic priest.

"I'm due November 19, but the doctor believes it could be any day," says Rowley. "I'm feeling very ripe."

Rowley is one of roughly a dozen pastors with two X chromosomes presiding over churches in the Ecumencial Catholic Communion, a splinter group of the Roman Catholic Church.

Members of the ECC, which formed in 2003, don’t claim any papal lineage, in contrast to Roman Catholic Womenpriests, another splinter group that ordains women and which does claim direct ties to the Vatican.

Whole story here.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
She said my birthday..... O.O

I'm disturbed now.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Hmm ... if she was pregnant, shouldn't she be relieved of her duty? I'm not very knowledgeable in things like these.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
She is part of a catholic group that has splintered from the Main Roman Catholic Church. They do not answer to the pope and are not in that chain of command. They are independent.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Then why is this big news? It's like saying a female pastor is having a baby.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.