Stackable Lifesteal?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey I'd like to make a stackable lifesteal item with like 4% lifesteal that allows you to get more items and increase the amount of lifesteal you have. How can I do this?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Make your own custom life steal. Use a buff placer (eg: Envenomed Spears) to detect your attacks. So basically, use a damage detection. Check if the damaged unit has the buff. If it does, remove the buff and add life to your damage source. When adding life, check how many "Item" you have. Add to life the amount ( Damage * ( 0.04 * Item ) ).

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That sounds like it would work but I was just thinking. Couldn't I just use the Dreadlord's Life Steal aura with range of 0? And change it to an item ability instead?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You could. However, if you get multiple items with the same life steal aura, they won't stack. Vampiric Aura only stacks if you give it a different buff. Life Steal and Vampiric Aura stacks though.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Well maybe the question to ask is why can't it stack initially? Is it just the fact that the item is classified as an "Artifact" that makes the Mask of Death lifesteal item not stack?

My main problem is not knowing how to check if it's stacking or not.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Life Steal cannot stack as they are "Orb Effects". An orb effect will not stack with another orb effect. Same goes for buff placers. A buff placers cannot stack with a buff placer. Orb effects however, can stack with a buff placer. In your case, Life Steal is a orb effect. So multiple life steal won't stack. However, Vampiric Aura isn't an orb effect nor a buff placer. Thus, Vampiric Aura can stack, as long as they have different buffs.

Examples of Orb Effects: Feedback (passive mana burn), Corruption (reduce armor on attack for a duration), Life Steal

Examples of Buff Placers: Poison (passive attack type), Orb of Frost (for ranged heroes only)

Examples of Both Combined: Corruption (reduce armor on attack for a duration), Orb of Frost (for melee heroes only)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting I'm learning a lot thanks for your help. +rep for that.

Maybe it'll just be easier to make a recipe that will produce a higher level life steal item when two are held at the same time or something.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well, here's a trigger for your stack-able life steal. In this case, it's a buff placer. Firstly, base the life steal on the skill "Envenomed Spears". Change this to an item ability and remove all tech tree requirements. On the "Buff" section of the spell, create 2 new buffs based on the same buff type. I'll name the two as "Buff Placer (Non-stacking)" and "Buff Placer (Stacking)". Remember to set the damage per second as 0.00. The duration doesn't matter. Secondly, get the GDD Snippet by Weep. Thirdly, implement this trigger. For this trigger, you'll need 3 variables.

TempReal - Real Variable
TempInt - Integer Variable
ItemType - Item-Type Variable

Trigger:
  • Life Steal
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Buff Placer (Non-stacking)) Equal to True
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Buff Placer (Stacking)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set TempInt = 0
      • Set ItemType = Mask of Death
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (GDD_DamageSource has an item of type ItemType) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set TempInt = (TempInt + 1)
            • Else - Actions
      • Set TempReal = (GDD_Damage x (0.04 x (Real(TempInt))))
      • Unit - Set life of GDD_DamageSource to ((Life of GDD_DamageSource) + TempReal)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of GDD_DamageSource using Abilities\Spells\Undead\VampiricAura\VampiricAuraTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Remove Buff Placer (Non-stacking) buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Unit - Remove Buff Placer (Stacking) buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Let me explain a bit further. ItemType is just set to your item which gives life steal. The loop checks for the same type of item in your inventory. If there is, TempInt is set as TempInt + 1. Thus, if you have 4 ItemType, your TempInt would be 4. Then, it heals the attacker's life by damage done multiplied by ( 0.04 * TempInt). Thus, if you have 4 ItemType, your life steal rate would be 16%. Hope this helps you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.