Stampede Problem

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
My custom stampede won't work. Basically, i have a spell that when used, it creates a dummy that casts stampede for you, however, the dummy never uses the spell. If i select the dummy and order it to cast it it works fine, but it won't cast it when ordered by the trigger.
Trigger:
  • Meteor Shower
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Earth - Meteor Shower
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Meteor Shower above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • Set Player_loc[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Atemp_aloc = (Player_loc[0] offset by 50.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Caster Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Atemp_aloc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 11.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Meteor Shower to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Meteor Shower for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede Atemp_aloc
      • EGUI Leak - Remove Atemp_aloc
      • EGUI Leak - Remove Player_loc[0]

tiennen07

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to start the trigger off with

Events
Unit- A unit begins casting an ability

idk, I'd test it, but I'm at work currently.

tiennen07

Reaction score
the only thing that I can think of that may be the problem is this.

The "Unit - Order (Last created unit) to" doesn't always work with custom abilities. It is supposed to make the unit cast the ability specified, or any ability based off the ability specified (I think), but it doesn't always do that.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
The only problem which might occur is that your spell isn't based off of "Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede"....but I'm guessing it is.... :S

kaboo

Reaction score
Unit - Create 1 Caster Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Atemp_aloc facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede Atemp_aloc

try creating the dummy on playerloc[0]
just to make sure: dummy meteor shower is based on stampede?

tiennen07

Reaction score
Atemp_aloc looks like the position he wants the dummy to spawn in. otherwise, there would be no reason to even have it as a variable.

never asked if it was based off Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede, is it?

i'm guessing it is.

kaboo

Reaction score
what i wanted to say is that the problem could be ordering the dummy to cast stampede on self

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Simply make it "Point with offset" and test it out.

Edit: I doubt it though :S. I've had plenty of dummies cast spells at their own location...

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Well, the dummy spell on the hero is based of stampede, but the spell the dummy casts is based of stampede. And the offset shouldn't be a problem, it has worked before.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Unit - Create 1 Caster Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Atemp_aloc facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede Atemp_aloc

try creating the dummy on playerloc[0]
just to make sure: dummy meteor shower is based on stampede?

I think hes going the right way with this, spawn him at playerloc[0], dont say "This has worked before" you might as well try it.

Also what the spell is based on doesnt matter, its the "Order String" its under
Text - Order String - Use/Turn On
If its not Stampede, theres your problem.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Well, i've already tried with spawning at playerloc[0] before, and it didn't work. And the orderstring is stampede, so that shouldn't be the problem. I'll do some more testing, and if it still doesn't work, I'll rework the spell.

kalee

Reaction score
This seems a bit old but i've recently encountred the same problem, and thanks god i did find the answer to that. it's a Blizzard bug related to some stupid ability effect. if anyone have the same problem, PM and i'll help. Good luck.

Kalee

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.