Statistical Poll: Are you left handed or right handed?

Are you left-handed or right-handed?

• Total voters

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
My left arm feels a lot weaker than my right arm.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
To get accurate results, try doing this:

Go look in a mirror and see if there's anything on your face. If there is, try to get it off.

The hand that you're using to try and get the thing off is your natural preference. ;)

That doesn't work that well. I also use whichever hand is closest. If the thing is on the left side, I use my left hand; if it's on the right side, I use my right hand.
But I'm still right handed.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I am left handed. I wonder something tho, how interesting is this thread, really?

Also, just because I prefer using my right hand for a couple of things, doesn't mean I am ambidexterious.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Left Handed, but I use my right hand randomly for some stuff, but I'm in no way ambidexterious

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I'm left handed.

Most left handed people are more capable with both hands no account of having to transpose what they see others (predominantly) doing with their right hands, onto the left. Part of that conversion helps dextierity in both hands. Certainly isn't ambidexterity thuogh.

My dad is ambidextrous, its weird, he can write out different things with both hands at once and they look the same. One time he drew two ducks facing each other. For sports he can kick/throw/wield equipment with either hand effectively.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Your dad is totally awesome. I heard that people with such ability is able to complete a report within a day or two, and is usually much faster than anyone who single-handedly complete the same report.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Well, my left hand is stronger than my right, but my right hand has a bit more focus, yet I tend to use my left hand instinctively. Does that make sense?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Some Other Forum Quote said:
It's because your chakra on your left is less denser than your right.
/offtopic.

I'm pretty sure it makes sense. Can you do a little comparison and see if your left arm is thicker than your right arm. Usually, the stronger of the arms has more muscles and more flexibility than the other, which can suggest your left hand is stronger than your right.

Source.

I'm not sure about your right hand though. It might depend on other things.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Yea.... I don't think that counts as ambidextrous. I think you should be able to pick up a pencil right now and be able to write equally well with either hand.

Considering the fact that most things people use are naturally made for right-handed people (because the majority of most people are right-handed), I don't think it should be an instant change.

I think part of it's a genetic thing, and part is something you learn. No one knows how to write letters perfectly the first time they write out the alphabet. However, when it comes to things that are very natural, such as opening a door, right-handed and left-handed people tend to have a preference (being right-handed, I tend to grab the right door handle with my right hand). Ambidextrous people will tend to be more neutral.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Considering the fact that most things people use are naturally made for right-handed people (because the majority of most people are right-handed), I don't think it should be an instant change.

I never said it's instant, I said you should be able to do it right now. Not say "yea with practice I'd be able to do it," because who wouldn't?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
>>Considering the fact that most things people use are naturally made for right-handed people (because the majority of most people are right-handed), I don't think it should be an instant change.

I never said it's instant, I said you should be able to do it right now. Not say "yea with practice I'd be able to do it," because who wouldn't?

Is "right now" not instant? I'm saying that with practice (relatively little), an ambidextrous person would be able to write as well with one hand as with the other, compared to a non-ambidextrous person, who would still be unable to write legibly. I write chicken scratch with my normal writing, but it's legible to me. With my other hand, I write worse than a 3 year old child.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
relatively little is probably still large. Some people spend upwards of years to perfect ambidexterity, which is useful in a lot of instrument playing and sports, and writing

For tennis, you can hit with both hands.
For piano, both hands are equally strong although the left-hand usually plays the less complicated stuff.
For writing, when you get tired with one hand, you can just swap.

But seriously, how awesome would it be when asked, are you left or right handed, and you say. Yes.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone can be ambidextrous if they work hard.
That's why I only consider someone to be ambidextrous if they are right now. You don't claim to have won the gold medal until you actually have won the gold medal.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say you're playing a game of tennis, and you are able to use both hands. Both hands deliver brute force when you serve/hit back the ball. (In this case, it's me, to be honest.)

Does that count as ambidextrious?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Does that count as ambidextrious?
Probably not. The simple fact that you have to specifically name a task in which you can use both hands probably means that your 'ambidexterity' is limited to that task. Can you throw a ball accurately with both hands? Can you write with both hands?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
does anyone agree that right-handers have better hand-writing then lefties? Because thats what it seems to me.

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Interesting question, never noticed it.

It is a bit unnatural to write from left to right if you're lefthanded. I have no problem with writing mirrored with my left hand ('m a lefty)
Also, in general left-handers are right-brain orientated. The right brain doesn't care much for organization and structure.

Maybe that explains?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
does anyone agree that right-handers have better hand-writing then lefties? Because thats what it seems to me.
I thought writing to the left with your left hand and writing to your right with the right hand looks mirrored...

The thing is, we use Chinese and we write them like calligraphy, whether we go left, down, right, or up. So, I happened to see that left-handed people write calligraphy like an artist, whilst right-handed people write them like an author.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.