Statistical Poll: Are you left handed or right handed?

Are you left-handed or right-handed?

• Total voters

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
My left arm feels a lot weaker than my right arm.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
To get accurate results, try doing this:

Go look in a mirror and see if there's anything on your face. If there is, try to get it off.

The hand that you're using to try and get the thing off is your natural preference. ;)

That doesn't work that well. I also use whichever hand is closest. If the thing is on the left side, I use my left hand; if it's on the right side, I use my right hand.
But I'm still right handed.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I am left handed. I wonder something tho, how interesting is this thread, really?

Also, just because I prefer using my right hand for a couple of things, doesn't mean I am ambidexterious.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Left Handed, but I use my right hand randomly for some stuff, but I'm in no way ambidexterious

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I'm left handed.

Most left handed people are more capable with both hands no account of having to transpose what they see others (predominantly) doing with their right hands, onto the left. Part of that conversion helps dextierity in both hands. Certainly isn't ambidexterity thuogh.

My dad is ambidextrous, its weird, he can write out different things with both hands at once and they look the same. One time he drew two ducks facing each other. For sports he can kick/throw/wield equipment with either hand effectively.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Your dad is totally awesome. I heard that people with such ability is able to complete a report within a day or two, and is usually much faster than anyone who single-handedly complete the same report.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Well, my left hand is stronger than my right, but my right hand has a bit more focus, yet I tend to use my left hand instinctively. Does that make sense?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Some Other Forum Quote said:
It's because your chakra on your left is less denser than your right.
/offtopic.

I'm pretty sure it makes sense. Can you do a little comparison and see if your left arm is thicker than your right arm. Usually, the stronger of the arms has more muscles and more flexibility than the other, which can suggest your left hand is stronger than your right.

Source.

I'm not sure about your right hand though. It might depend on other things.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Yea.... I don't think that counts as ambidextrous. I think you should be able to pick up a pencil right now and be able to write equally well with either hand.

Considering the fact that most things people use are naturally made for right-handed people (because the majority of most people are right-handed), I don't think it should be an instant change.

I think part of it's a genetic thing, and part is something you learn. No one knows how to write letters perfectly the first time they write out the alphabet. However, when it comes to things that are very natural, such as opening a door, right-handed and left-handed people tend to have a preference (being right-handed, I tend to grab the right door handle with my right hand). Ambidextrous people will tend to be more neutral.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Considering the fact that most things people use are naturally made for right-handed people (because the majority of most people are right-handed), I don't think it should be an instant change.

I never said it's instant, I said you should be able to do it right now. Not say "yea with practice I'd be able to do it," because who wouldn't?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
>>Considering the fact that most things people use are naturally made for right-handed people (because the majority of most people are right-handed), I don't think it should be an instant change.

I never said it's instant, I said you should be able to do it right now. Not say "yea with practice I'd be able to do it," because who wouldn't?

Is "right now" not instant? I'm saying that with practice (relatively little), an ambidextrous person would be able to write as well with one hand as with the other, compared to a non-ambidextrous person, who would still be unable to write legibly. I write chicken scratch with my normal writing, but it's legible to me. With my other hand, I write worse than a 3 year old child.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
relatively little is probably still large. Some people spend upwards of years to perfect ambidexterity, which is useful in a lot of instrument playing and sports, and writing

For tennis, you can hit with both hands.
For piano, both hands are equally strong although the left-hand usually plays the less complicated stuff.
For writing, when you get tired with one hand, you can just swap.

But seriously, how awesome would it be when asked, are you left or right handed, and you say. Yes.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone can be ambidextrous if they work hard.
That's why I only consider someone to be ambidextrous if they are right now. You don't claim to have won the gold medal until you actually have won the gold medal.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say you're playing a game of tennis, and you are able to use both hands. Both hands deliver brute force when you serve/hit back the ball. (In this case, it's me, to be honest.)

Does that count as ambidextrious?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Does that count as ambidextrious?
Probably not. The simple fact that you have to specifically name a task in which you can use both hands probably means that your 'ambidexterity' is limited to that task. Can you throw a ball accurately with both hands? Can you write with both hands?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
does anyone agree that right-handers have better hand-writing then lefties? Because thats what it seems to me.

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Interesting question, never noticed it.

It is a bit unnatural to write from left to right if you're lefthanded. I have no problem with writing mirrored with my left hand ('m a lefty)
Also, in general left-handers are right-brain orientated. The right brain doesn't care much for organization and structure.

Maybe that explains?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
does anyone agree that right-handers have better hand-writing then lefties? Because thats what it seems to me.
I thought writing to the left with your left hand and writing to your right with the right hand looks mirrored...

The thing is, we use Chinese and we write them like calligraphy, whether we go left, down, right, or up. So, I happened to see that left-handed people write calligraphy like an artist, whilst right-handed people write them like an author.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.