Stopping cooldowns

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is there any way to temporarily stop cooldowns for all abilities on the map or for specific units?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I really don't think so. Never heard of that. Might be possible in Jass, still, I really don't know.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Yes there is:

Events-
Every 0.1 seconds of game time
Conditions-
Actions-
Pick every unit in playable map area and do actions
Loop-Actions
Unit-Reset all cooldowns for picked unit.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just add in a condition and that will indeed work.

N582114

Reaction score
Yes there is:

Events-
Every 0.1 seconds of game time
Conditions-
Actions-
Pick every unit in playable map area and do actions
Loop-Actions
Unit-Reset all cooldowns for picked unit.
I think he means to stop the countdown of cooldown.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not sure about that, never tested it myself nor have i got the WE on this computer so i cannot check it right now but you may make your spells have several lvls and on the last level the spell got a cooldown time of 9999.99 (just some incredible big number). now if you want the cooldown to halt you may set the level of your skill to the last level and hopefully the new cooldown will become the present one and the cooldown is halted.
just give it a try.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
now if you want the cooldown to halt you may set the level of your skill to the last level and hopefully the new cooldown will become the present one and the cooldown is halted.
Nope, the cooldown continues the same as for the level it was when it was cast. :(

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Its possible but would take a ridiculous amount of work. Only way I can see doing it is to make a replica of every spell with and set the cooldown on the replica to 0. Then whenever you wanted to have no cooldown, just make a trigger that switches these abilities out.

I do this in my map for a single hero, but doing it for an entire map would take forever.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
i think its posible... if i rember right, that "all dota heroes in some own map made from scratch with jass""
cant remeber the name of the map atm^^

but if i remember right they had some "cd protection" so even if oyu casted a spell, and then refreshed cd, you couldn't cast the spell again befor the cd ran out.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Welk thx everyone for wise words :eek: excuse me if I was unclear, indeed I want to stop the cooldown, not reset it

Its possible but would take a ridiculous amount of work. Only way I can see doing it is to make a replica of every spell with and set the cooldown on the replica to 0. Then whenever you wanted to have no cooldown, just make a trigger that switches these abilities out.

I do this in my map for a single hero, but doing it for an entire map would take forever.

Actually this is what am I doing right now, disabling the ability when used starting a countdown timer for enabling it again, and stopping the countdown timer whenever I want to stop the cooldown. It isn't too hard because the map uses two heroes and only two of their abilities are active ones :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.