Suggestions for a different experience system?

Reaction score
Please post any ideas of a new experience system here. I'm making an Enfo-ish map and I'd like to use something different from the normal experience system. The amount and strength of the creeps the experince should be gained from depend on the amount of players there are. All ideas are welcome, but systems that require triggers for everything you do should be simplified.

I

IKilledKEnny

I use this in my map:

when a unit enters the game set it's custom value to it's point value. No, whenever a unit dies all units round it (heros and none heros) get + custom value equal to the dying unit's custom value. Also when i unit dies all heros around it (which are not allied with it of course) get XP equal to it's custom value.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I use this in my map:

when a unit enters the game set it's custom value to it's point value. No, whenever a unit dies all units round it (heros and none heros) get + custom value equal to the dying unit's custom value. Also when i unit dies all heros around it (which are not allied with it of course) get XP equal to it's custom value.

You can get the Point value of a unit. :p That will avoid using the Custom unit value.

I

IKilledKEnny

You can get the Point value of a unit. :p That will avoid using the Custom unit value.

But I believe you can't edit it.

What I ment is this:

Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Entering unit) to (Point-value of (Entering unit))

Reaction score
I use this in my map:

Othervise that sounds great, but it gives way less experince to supporting heroes (and heroes that don't have attacks at all!).

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Suggestions:
#1 experience based on time alive rather than creeps killed.
#2 expereince gained based on how far away you travel from a certain point / HQ? If you die while out there you lose your experience. If you get back to HQ still alive, the experience gained becomes permanent.
#3 how much damage you've taken without dying.
#4 Constantly changing experience based on the terrain you travel. I.e. Lava gives more experience than dirt per minute or second.

Reaction score
Suggestions:
#1 experience based on time alive rather than creeps killed.
Well, that's kinda true in the normal way of gaining experience, too.
#2 expereince gained based on how far away you travel from a certain point / HQ? If you die while out there you lose your experience. If you get back to HQ still alive, the experience gained becomes permanent.
Well, it wouldn't really fit into an Enfo-ish map.
#3 how much damage you've taken without dying.
Kinda nice, but the more fragile heroes don't gain any experience while the guy with taunt gets it all.
#4 Constantly changing experience based on the terrain you travel. I.e. Lava gives more experience than dirt per minute or second.
Heh, nice idea, but doesn't fit into the map.

Any other suggestions, anyone?

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
Here are my ideas:
1. Give out some free experience every a certain amounts of unit kills. But that would not be too original, no? :rolleyes:
2. Adding eperience when casting an ability? :p (kinda imba, I guess)
3. How about a gold-exp system? so that you can e.g trade 1000 gold for X amount of exp. (well, similar to buying a Tome of expreience)
4. Give out more exp when monsters die one hit K.O?
5. About the #2, you can add expreience when you cast an item ability.
6. Bonus exp when you kill monsters with abilities?
7. Hm, how about trade xp with Players?

Reaction score
Here are my ideas:
1. Give out some free experience every a certain amounts of unit kills. But that would not be too original, no? :rolleyes:
2. Adding eperience when casting an ability? :p (kinda imba, I guess)
3. How about a gold-exp system? so that you can e.g trade 1000 gold for X amount of exp. (well, similar to buying a Tome of expreience)
4. Give out more exp when monsters die one hit K.O?
5. About the #2, you can add expreience when you cast an item ability.
6. Bonus exp when you kill monsters with abilities?
7. Hm, how about trade xp with Players?

Hey, I liked 3, and I'm going to use it as a part of my experience/gold gain system. Thanks for the ideas!

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought the thread was about different experience systems. And I have no idea what enfo is. (Shrug) I liked my ideas. :) Thought they were rather original. I might even use them.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I always thought this would be a nifty system for Enfo's type map.

Strength - Gains exp when attacked
Agility - Gains exp when attacking
Intelligence - Gains exp upon a cast
[Note: Scale them appropriately]

All would still gain exp upon a kill. Each new wave of the game you can give experience, this would be a great place to balance out teams. Give more exp to a losing team or something like that so its a bigger challenge. Even better though, you know how enemy creeps push down into your base trying to reach the circle of power, well you could base the experience given by how far they made it down into your base. If the enemies make it almost into the circle, then you are awarded hardly any experience, if you hold them at their spawn, award more experience.

Pied

Reaction score
That sounds like a really nice idea Steel.

You can even do it like that, if you total points of str/agi/int is equal to a certain number, your hero levels.

Man this really sounds hawt! :) Cant wait to make a game around it. With ridable horses and all!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol steel and pied, those aren't your ideas xD

there is a map by mythic frost with pies idea and another map by i forgot who with the first idea. You could still use them though ^^

i was thinking that you could possibly have a bunch of triggers that find if theres a 1 hit K.O, and give XP accordingly (which also take in account the enemy killed) and other special events like "killed by a spell", "killed by ultimate", "killed by summon", "assassinated" - killed without attacking your killer...

i might even use those ideas 1 day. i have no use for them atm.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That sounds like a really nice idea Steel.

You can even do it like that, if you total points of str/agi/int is equal to a certain number, your hero levels.

Man this really sounds hawt! :) Cant wait to make a game around it. With ridable horses and all!

Mythic Fr0st already has an RPG that uses a system like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.