Switching maps.

ZeeVampire

Reaction score
Okay, I want to do a fun mode for my map. I want it to switch through to another map, but skipping the loading screen. Like how Uther Party does it. I want to type a certain text, example, "-fun", Then it will switch to another map that I've created and I get to play on it.

Please reply :(

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay, I want to do a fun mode for my map. I want it to switch through to another map, but skipping the loading screen. Like how Uther Party does it. I want to type a certain text, example, "-fun", Then it will switch to another map that I've created and I get to play on it.

Please reply :(

Not possible in multi-player. What uther party does is lock your camera to a specific part of the map. It doesn't change the actual map.

Holla.

Reaction score
the solution to your problem is pretty easy, just make a GIGANTIC rectangle map, devide it in two, so that you have tweo squares, do the terrain and whatever, then just lock the camera to one square, untill you say -fun, then lock it to the other.

(the only bad thing about this is it looks funny in the lobby but thats easily overcome with a picture like in uther party)

ZeeVampire

Reaction score
the solution to your problem is pretty easy, just make a GIGANTIC rectangle map, devide it in two, so that you have tweo squares, do the terrain and whatever, then just lock the camera to one square, untill you say -fun, then lock it to the other.

(the only bad thing about this is it looks funny in the lobby but thats easily overcome with a picture like in uther party)

Okay, so I just Go to scenario~~>map boundaries~~> change the size of my map, then... how do I lock it?? Can u give me a detailed answer or a test map??

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Make a trigger and when the event that you want happens, you just make the action smoething like under camera or region category to lock camera to xx region

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
what are u trying to work out? how to set the camera boundries or make your map bigger.

Setting camera boundries is in the Action trigger list Camera - Set Boundries or something like that.

ZeeVampire

Reaction score
what are u trying to work out? how to set the camera boundries or make your map bigger.

Setting camera boundries is in the Action trigger list Camera - Set Boundries or something like that.

What I'm trying to do is lock the game camera for all players to one square/rectangle of the map. So when I type "-fun mode," It will lock to the other side of the map. If you play Uther Party in single player and type "iseedeadpeople," Then you will see the map is created with lots of squares. I want to do something like that.

EDIT: I've tried locking onto a unit but that doesn't work.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
try this

Trigger:
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Triggering player) to No region

Set No Region to your region, if you don't have one then make a reigon covering the entire square, each square you have.

ZeeVampire

Reaction score
Took me awhile to understand and set the bounds by changing the shape of the region but YES! FINALLY! IT WORKS!! Thanks so much. REP up!! =D =D =D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.