Switching the site to a Unity Development Help Site

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
So I have decided to rebrand my website at http://www.thehelper.net to be a Unity developer help site. Why Unity? Because you can build for the VCS. We are going to be a learn Unity resource while myself and my staff develop our games and give updates and do tutorials and youtube stuff. We are going to be sharing the knowledge and if you want to develop games for the VCS in Unity or whatever Atari decides to do with that come on too! We are also going to encourage all developers to make VCS builds and explain the classic joystick and leaderboards.

This is a big change for us we used to be a Blizzard games technical support and World Editor Map Making help site in the past but the good news is a bunch of our previous forum members are now game developers. They made the switch from Warcraft 3 mapping to game development. This is real early stuff but as of now we have 2 games in the plans and more coming hopefully once we get more people on board. Stay tuned....

JustClaws

Reaction score
I look forward to this. Great initiative.

My son was working with Unity before he went to university, but I've not done much with it myself.
I certainly plan to bring some homebrew to the Atari VCS though, as soon as the Atari store supports homebrew. (It's on the roadmap, I'm told.)

JustClaws

Reaction score
Actually, I was thinking, the Unity focus is great, but there are other development tools which work for the VCS.
They should not be overlooked by people looking to make games, even if your site will provide Unity expertise.
- GameMaker2 - used for some released games on the VCS.
- C/C++ with SDL libraries (used for some released games). (*1)

- Godot should also work to generate Linux binaries for the VCS.
- GDevelop should also work to generate Linux binaries for the VCS.
- Love2D, a Lua based, can generate Linux binaries for the VCS I think.

*1 Any game developer tools or libraries using SDL2 should support the controllers, as they were added to it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If we go that way what will probably happen first is we will start a Unity forum then put all the resources and everything for different platforms there and just link to the forum from the VCS one to keep the dev stuff in its own forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.