Taking hero/unit/item idea requests

Happysmiley

Reaction score
I will be away for a few weeks without computer, so I can't do any more requests :(

Hi there,
I have decided to start a thread for the users of TH who feel that their fantasy and imagination has run dry. As I am not particulary experienced with the editor, and have gotten positive response on most of my suggestions, I feel that this is the best way for me to contribute to the forum.

I will try to be online as much as I can, but please note that I won't be able to spare more then perhaps a few hours a day due to my current schedule, and bare with me if this layout I'll be using is a bit shoddy - It's the first request thread I've ever made.

A few notes before I layout the format I wish you to post in:

• I will not code any spells whatsoever, there just isn't enough time for me
  • A suggestion will take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the type (item, hero etc) and how intricate you want it
  • Please be generous with the details, the more you provide the better and quicker I can finish it
  • I do not force you to give me credits, it's entirely up to you. Reputation is always appreciated though!

Base Format:

Type of suggestion: Whether you need an item, a hero, a unit, a race etc
Detail: Do you want the hero and its spells filled with a bunch of lore crap? A shield with a witty tooltip, or perhaps satirical? Brief or Elaborate?

Hero and unit suggestions, in-depth:

• Class archetype (Str, agi, int, healer, melee, ranged, nuker)
  • Hero background/theme (evil, good etc)
  • Amount of spells, levels of each spell
  • Other remarks

Item suggestions, in-depth

• Item type (consumeable, item with abilites etc)
  • Item theme (tank item, dps item, set item etc)
  • Other remarks

Here is a list of some of my suggestions so far - along with some free ad for the threads :)
-http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1210511#post1210511
-http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1250537#post1250537
-http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1247026#post1247026

I may update the format if I come up with things to add. Follow it to the best of your ability.

Requests (Credits to Glenphir for this format):

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Bloodcaller:

* Class: Summoner/Disable/AoE (Int) ((Think Archmage/Bloodmage)

* Hero background/theme: Bloodcallers are the most elite of all magicians in the underworld. With their knowledge of demons the raise armies from dust and bone, their use of flame and torture is unmeasurable amongest humans. These powerful beings and commanded by the Arch Devil which has taught them all about torture.

* Amount of spells, levels of each spell: 3 Normal spells (6 Levels) and 1 ultimate (3 Levels)

* Other remarks: I would like the spells to be very robust. By this i mean his spells should synergize well and be useful in many instances. Hes main idea is a Summoner/Disable/AoE.

For: This hero will is going to be used in my footmen frenzy map. I trust you know what its playstyle is.

--Thanks for the help--

comparami

Reaction score
*EDIT

Hero Name:
Puppet Master

Primary Attribute:
Intelligence

Attack Type: RangeRange: 600

Spells:

[highlight]Puppeteer's Hold[/highlight]
The Puppet Master ties up a target enemy with puppet strings. The strings slow down the enemy's attack speed and restrain movement.
Action:Target Unit Targets: Enemy Units
Type: Magic
Range: 600
Radius: 400
Cast Time: 1.7 Seconds
Mana Cost: 115 / 140 / 165 / 205
Cooldown: 14.0 Seconds
Required Level: 1 / 3 / 5 / 7
Activation
Applies Puppeteer's Hold to target for 2.5 / 3.25 / 4 / 4.75 seconds. Target is constantly pushed toward the position he was at when Puppeteer's Hold
was applied. If the target moves too far from this location, it will be forced back to the original position.

Puppeteer's Hold
-10 / -15 / -20 / -25 Attack Speed

[highlight]Puppet Show[/highlight]
The Puppet Master enslaves an enemy unit as his Puppet. The target is driven crazy and will attack the nearest unit, be it friend or foe.
Range: 700
Radius: 250 / 300 / 350 / 400
Mana Cost: 125 / 140 / 155 / 170
Cooldown: 30.0 / 28.0 / 26.0 / 24.0 Seconds
Activation
Applies Crazy Puppet to target for 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds. Any unit with Crazy Puppet active on them will be forced to attack enemy heroes first,
then enemy creeps, then all units last.If target comes within a 250 / 300 / 350 / 400 radius of any unit while Crazy Puppet is active, it will be forced to attack that
target until Crazy Puppet wears off.

Crazy Puppet Effects
Forced to attack closest unit in a 250 / 300 / 350 / 400 radius\nAll attacks are non-lethal

[highlight]Whiplash[/highlight]
Imbuing his attack with his magical Puppet Strings, the Puppet Master is able to increase his base damage and unleash devastating attacks that damage multiple
enemies.
Action:Passive
+5 / 10 / 15 / 20% Base Damage
On Attack

Starts with 5 charges. On attack, removes a charge. When only one charge remains, the next attack will have a 100% chance to deal a 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2.0x
critical strike and apply 25 / 50 / 70 / 100% splash damage in radius of 150 and charges are reset to 5.
Not attacking for 12 / 10 / 8 / 6 seconds will remove a charge.

[highlight]Voodoo Puppet[/highlight]
The Puppet Master imbues the essence of a target enemy in his Puppet. The Puppet can then be attacked by the Puppet Master or any of his allies. The puppet
takes increased damage, and transfers damage taken to the target as Magic damage.
Range: 600
Mana Cost: 150 / 200 / 250
Cooldown: 150.0 Seconds
Required Level: 6 / 11 / 16
Activation

Spawns a Puppet near self that is linked to target.

Any damage taken by the Puppet is transferred in full to the target as Magic damage, regardless of the Puppet's remaining health.

The Puppet has a maximum health of 450 / 700 / 950 and takes 160 / 180 / 210% damage.

Lasts until target gets more than 1500 units away from spawned Puppet, or until Puppet is killed.

For where i got this hero from http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroview.php?hid=91

Happysmiley

Reaction score
@Hex.16
Bloodcallers are the most elite of all magicians in the underworld. With their knowledge of demons the raise armies from dust and bone, their use of flame and torture is unmeasurable amongest humans. These powerful beings and commanded by the Arch Devil which has taught them all about torture.

Do you want me to use that as his description or think of another one? Will start asap on him, check back in a while!

@Comparami
As I said, will not code the hero, but I'll remake him and the spells if you want ;)

comparami

Reaction score
@Comparami
As I said, will not code the hero, but I'll remake him and the spells if you want

what do you mean? you wont make him exactly the same? but you can make the spells? cause if you can make the spells, that would be awesome! really awesome! :D

:EDIT:

by the way, i edited my request post, finally figured out the "forum codes", :))

Happysmiley

Reaction score
what do you mean? you wont make him exactly the same? but you can make the spells? cause if you can make the spells, that would be awesome! really awesome! :D

by the way, i edited my request post, finally figured out the "forum codes", :))

I won't code the spells :) And since you basically already had a complete hero, I assumed you wanted me to remake his theme, spells etc

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score

Isn't your spells all Puppet Master's spells? Looks like all your spells are possible. And yay, you're using my Spell Request Thread's format. Red for On hold, Orange for In progress. Let me guess, Green for Completed? :D

Well, on topic. I'd like to request for a spell idea. No need to create the spells, just need an idea. Here's the current sets of abilities for my hero. Yes, it has been posted in the forums before. I'm planning to make a spell pack for this hero. However, I don't really like my 3rd skill, Rapid Shots. Can't really think of anything better. Thus, I'd like to request an idea from you for the 3rd spell. It can be passive or active. Just need a fun and unique spell. The current one is really boring. And another thing, could you think of the ability to suit her theme?

btnsylvanuswindrunner.png

Calyce
Saggitar

Attack type: Ranged
Primary Attribute: Agility

Calyce is known to her enemies as "The Hawk Eye". She has the ability to strike down opponents with uncanny accuracy, striking them at their critical spots rapidly. Her skills with a bow is considered to be one of the elites. None have ever survived an encounter with Calyce.

piercingshotjpg.jpg

Piercing Shot - Active
Target Type - Unit

Calyce unleashes her deathblow after 0.50 seconds, inflicting damage and knocking the target back for a distance. If the target is closer Calyce, the knock back distance is greater. Maximum of 600 knock back distance and maximum of 600 casting range. Her deathblow leaves the target to be mortally wounded, receiving extra damage and have its movement speed slowed by 15%. Lasts 6 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 80 damage. Receives 4% more damage.
Level 2 - Deals 130 damage. Receives 8% more damage.
Level 3 - Deals 180 damage. Receives 12% more damage.
Level 4 - Deals 230 damage. Receives 16% more damage.

Cooldown: 15 seconds

Note:
Here's clarification for the knock back. Let's say the distance between Calyce and the target is exactly 200. The knock back distance would then be 400. The distance between Calyce and the target added with the knock back distance should always equate to 600 distance.

explosiveshot.jpg

Explosive Shot - Passive

Calyce is able to conjure explosive arrows on an attack. There is a 20% chance that Calyce will release an explosive arrow on an attack, dealing damage in an area. Explosion deals maximum of 100% of damage dealt on the target. Damage type is physical. Explosion causes enemies in the area to have their armors shattered, causing them to have reduced armor for 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Minimum damage of 20% of damage dealt on target. Area of 200. Armor reduction of 0.2.
Level 2 - Minimum damage of 40% of damage dealt on target. Area of 230. Armor reduction of 0.4.
Level 3 - Minimum damage of 60% of damage dealt on target. Area of 260. Armor reduction of 0.6.
Level 4 - Minimum damage of 80% of damage dealt on target. Area of 290. Armor reduction of 0.8.

Orb Effect

rapidshots.jpg

Rapid Shots - Passive

Calyce's experience allow her to strike at enemies' critical spots rapidly. Agility gives her bonus attack speed.

Level 1 - Every 5 agility points increases attack speed by 1%.
Level 2 - Every 4 agility points increases attack speed by 1%.
Level 3 - Every 3 agility points increases attack speed by 1%.
Level 4 - Every 2 agility points increases attack speed by 1%.

seye.jpg

Cat's Eye - Passive

Calyce's presence awakens the concentration potential in nearby allied heroes. Affected heroes have a chance to deal critical damage.

Level 1 - Self buff. 15% chance to inflict 1.5 times critical damage.
Level 2 - Area of 200. 17.5% chance to inflict 2.0 times critical damage.
Level 3 - Area of 400. 20% chance to inflict 2.5 times critical damage.

comparami

Reaction score
I won't code the spells And since you basically already had a complete hero, I assumed you wanted me to remake his theme, spells etc

so what exactly will you do? :confused:

Isn't your spells all Puppet Master's spells? Looks like all your spells are possible.

yeah it is! :)) it's possible?? :eek:

WHOEVER CAN TRIGGER "PUPPET MASTER's" SPELLS! PLEASE TRIGGER THEM FOR ME!

Happysmiley

Reaction score
so what exactly will you do? :confused:

yeah it is! :)) it's possible?? :eek:

WHOEVER CAN TRIGGER "PUPPET MASTER's" SPELLS! PLEASE TRIGGER THEM FOR ME!

What I'm supposed to do is write lore, come up with spell ideas etc. for you :)

EDIT:
@Glenphir Yes indeed, I got inspired by your thread, so creds to you ;) Oh and btw, I'll look over yours as soon as I am done with Hex's.
@Hex.16 Wait until you see the final outcome before you thank me =P But thanks for showing your appreciation!

Happysmiley

Reaction score
icons_7388_btn.jpg

Ethiala, the Gore Witch

A wolf among sheep, Gore Witches are quite unusual an sight in the Underworld. Fueled by torture and the demonic blood within them, they thriwe in the agony they wreak. Their powers lie not in the physical strength of a demon, but in the art of deception, and their unyielding thirst for blood.

icons_6010_btn.jpg

Blood Spatter

Draws upon the life force of nearby units, and then unleashes it in a concentrated attack on the unfortunate victim - causing boundless pain.

Level 1: Leeches 10 HP from up to 10 nearby units, then deals the full amount to the target of your ability. If maximum effect was achieved, the Gore Witch is healed for the same amount.
Level 2: Leeches 13 HP from up to 10 nearby units, then deals the full amount to the target of your ability. If maximum effect was achieved, the Gore Witch is healed for the same amount.
Level 3: Leeches 17 HP from up to 10 nearby units, then deals the full amount to the target of your ability. If maximum effect was achieved, the Gore Witch is healed for the same amount.
Level 4: Leeches 22 HP from up to 10 nearby units, then deals the full amount to the target of your ability. If maximum effect was achieved, the Gore Witch is healed for the same amount.
Level 5: Leeches 28 HP from up to 10 nearby units, then deals the full amount to the target of your ability. If maximum effect was achieved, the Gore Witch is healed for the same amount.
Level 6: Leeches 35 HP from up to 10 nearby units, then deals the full amount to the target of your ability. If maximum effect was achieved, the Gore Witch is healed for the same amount.

Mana Cost: 100/130/160/200/250
Cooldown: 13/13/12/12/11 seconds

icons_11171_btn.jpg

Trial by Torture

Brutally tortures the target, punishing it for its sin free ways. The target is frozen with pain, unable to utter a single word during the whole process. This paralyzed state also amplifies all spell damage caused by the Gore Witch.

Level 1: Silences the target for 3 seconds. During the effect, its movement speed is reduced by 10% together with a 10% increase of all damage caused by the Gore Witchs' spells.
Level 2: Silences the target for 3,5 seconds. During the effect, its movement speed is reduced by 14% together with a 14% increase of all damage caused by the Gore Witchs' spells.
Level 3: Silences the target for 4 seconds. During the effect, its movement speed is reduced by 18% together with a 18% increase of all damage caused by the Gore Witchs' spells.
Level 4: Silences the target for 4,5 seconds. During the effect, its movement speed is reduced by 22% together with a 22% increase of all damage caused by the Gore Witchs' spells.
Level 5: Silences the target for 5 seconds. During the effect, its movement speed is reduced by 26% together with a 26% increase of all damage caused by the Gore Witchs' spells.
Level 6: Silences the target for 6 seconds. During the effect, its movement speed is reduced by 30% together with a 30% increase of all damage caused by the Gore Witchs' spells.

Mana Cost: 95/110/135/170/220 mana
Cooldown: 20/18/17/16/16/15 seconds

Notes: This affects Blood Spatter primarily as it heals the same amount as the damage dealt. The reason I set "maximum effect" on Blood Spatter to the max affected units is that if I had a set amount (350) of damage to the max effect, it could be a bit abusable.

icons_2562_btn.jpg

Demonic Infestation

Channels fel energies, summoning a demonic creature from the Underworld. The minion shares his mistress' bloodlust.

Level 1: Summons a minion with 400 HP and 70 mana which slings fiery bolts at its target.
Level 2: Summons a minion with 600 HP and 90 mana which slings fiery bolts at its target.
Level 3: Summons a minion with 800 HP and 120 mana which slings fiery bolts at its target, and has Phase Walk.
Level 4: Summons a minion with 1000 HP and 150 mana which slings fiery bolts at its target, and has Phase Walk.
Level 5: Summons a minion with 1200 HP and 190 mana which slings fiery bolts at its target, and has Phase Walk. Its spells restore HP to the mistress based on the mana spent.
Level 6: Summons a minion with 1400 HP and 220 mana which slings fiery bolts at its target, and has Phase Walk. Its spells restore HP to the mistress based on the mana spent.

Mana Cost: 150/200/250/300/350/400 mana
Cooldown: 90/80/75/70/65/60 seconds
Duration: 30/35/35/40/40 seconds

icons_5541_btn.jpg

Flickering Fires (Autocast)

Level 1: Deals 30 damage to the target.
Level 2: Deals 40 damage to the target.
Level 3: Deals 50 damage to the target.
Level 4: Deals 65 damage to the target.
Level 5: Deals 80 damage to the target, and restores 36 HP to the mistress.
Level 6: Deals 100 damage to the target, and restores 44 HP to the mistress.

Mana Cost: 12/18/24/30/36/44 mana
Cooldown: 2.5 seconds
icons_659_btn.jpg

Phase Walk

Level 1: Gives zero collision for 2 seconds.
Level 2: Gives zero collision for 3 seconds.
Level 3: Gives zero collision for 4 seconds.
Level 4: Gives zero collision for 5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 10/15/25/35 mana
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7 seconds

icons_564_btn.jpg

Blood Plague
Injects flesh eating bacteria into the enemy, which eats away its flesh from the inside and spreading to nearby units.

Level 1: Deals 5 initial damage. For every tick, deals double damage. The plague spreads to units within 250 range, until it has affected 15 units. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 8 initial damage. For every tick, deals double damage. The plague spreads to units within 250 range, until it has affected 15 units. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 12 initial damage. For every tick, deals double damage. The plague spreads to units within 250 range, until it has affected 15 units. Lasts 10 seconds.

Mana Cost: 250/350/500 mana
Cooldown: 120/90/70 seconds

Hex.16's hero done, feel free to ask for any changes if there were things you didn't like.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Very nice hero. I might make a few changes to make it fit a bit better, this could take me a while to code too. Still good job =)

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Saggitar

icons_5532_btn.jpg

Alabaster Fletched Arrow

Releases a specially crafted arrow. The arrow's special properties lets it cut through the air with next to no effort, allowing it to reach extreme speeds.

Level 1: Deals damage equal to 20% of the distance to the target. If cast at maximum range, the force of impact shatters the arrow, and stuns the target for 1.5 seconds.
Level 2: Deals damage equal to 30% of the distance to the target. If cast at maximum range, the force of impact shatters the arrow, and stuns the target for 2.25 seconds.
Level 3: Deals damage equal to 40% of the distance to the target. If cast at maximum range, the force of impact shatters the arrow, and stuns the target for 3 seconds.
Level 4: Deals damage equal to 50% of the distance to the target. If cast at maximum range, the force of impact shatters the arrow, and stuns the target for 4 seconds.

Mana Cost: 90/100/110/130 mana
Cooldown: 13/11/9/7 seconds

icons_8211_pas.jpg

Exploit Weakness (passive)

Mastering the art of the bow, Calyce enters a flurry every time she strikes a vital area on the opponent, firing a rapid succession of arrows in an attempt to finish her opponent.

Level 1: Gives a 10% chance for her Piercing Shot to critically hit, dealing 10% extra damage. When this occurs, her attack speed is increased by 40% for 3 seconds.
Level 2: Gives a 15% chance for her Piercing Shot to critically hit, dealing 20% extra damage. When this occurs, her attack speed is increased by 60% for 3 seconds.
Level 3: Gives a 20% chance for her Piercing Shot to critically hit, dealing 30% extra damage. When this occurs, her attack speed is increased by 80% for 3 seconds.
Level 4: Gives a 25% chance for her Piercing Shot to critically hit, dealing 40% extra damage. When this occurs, her attack speed is increased by 100% for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 8 seconds
There, a few suggestions :) If you're not satisified, I can think of a few more.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Very nice hero. I might make a few changes to make it fit a bit better, this could take me a while to code too. Still good job =)

Thank you :) I've done a lot of heroes with a blood theme, and I felt I didn't want to reuse my old ideas. Change it however you want!

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. I just got an idea form your spell ideas.

Nice!

@Hex, I went by your footy thread, and I have to say it looks like a fairly unique footy map, which I have to say is unusual ;) Holler at me if you need any more suggestions - items for instance.

comparami

Reaction score
Puppet Master:

Class: Ganker/Disable/Late-Game Carry

Hero background/theme: doesnt really matter, :p , but if you need it, i want it to be dark, evil :D

(Spells have 4 Levels)
* First Spell and Second Spell are active disables, for easy ganks
* Third Spell a passive damage booster (whatever passive skill you think is best)
* Last Spell i want it to be that he can control the targeted unit for a duration, enemy or ally. :p

* Other remarks: None

For: This hero will is used in my map River Rush, still in BETA phase, so i will not post it in the meantime, just a simple AoS.. like DotA, but with the unique heroes from HoN. :p

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Puppet Master:

Class: Ganker/Disable/Late-Game Carry

Hero background/theme: doesnt really matter, :p , but if you need it, i want it to be dark, evil :D

(Spells have 4 Levels)
* First Spell and Second Spell are active disables, for easy ganks
* Third Spell a passive damage booster (whatever passive skill you think is best)
* Last Spell i want it to be that he can control the targeted unit for a duration, enemy or ally. :p

* Other remarks: None

For: This hero will is used in my map River Rush, still in BETA phase, so i will not post it in the meantime, just a simple AoS.. like DotA, but with the unique heroes from HoN. :p

I'm on it, not really room for any imagination though since the hero already exists :)

mapguy

Reaction score
I dont undersstand...

your ideas is only to GIVE ideas to people that run out of ideas?

comparami

Reaction score
I'm on it, not really room for any imagination though since the hero already exists

i'm happy for whatever hero you make ;) i'm currently making an AoS map, just like DotA and HoN, and i'm lacking heroes, it only has 12 heroes at the moment. And my world editing skills are average, so i cant really make the Heroes that i want. And thats when you come in! THANKS ALOT! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.