Taking Spell Requests.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
After some hours of boredom I started to think "what isn't there enough of?". Unfortunately I could not come up with anything so I had to go in the opposite direction: "What is there too much of?", and so I decided to make this thread.

I'm taking spell requests in GUI or vJASS (please go with vJASS if you want some fully MUI Divided We Stand crap that no one would even bother trying to make in GUI).

If you choose to go the Road of Champions (vJASS), and requires the use of structs, please tell me which attachment system you would prefer otherwise you'll end up with HAIL since that's what I mainly use.

Describe your spell! I don't want no "Pls make bolt damage massive str unit dies knockback gain hp", tell me all details of the spell if you want it to meet your expectations.

Spells:

Removed.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Hmm... I'd like to see a Charge spell that will knockback and stun the targeted unit. Every level increases stun time. I'd like this to be in vJass and MUI if you please. :D

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
How about a spell, which pulls in a unit using like a rope or meat hook, then throws the unit out about 1000 range (Well really depending if there's any walls in the way) with the unit still attacked to the rope, then the caster starts to spin around, spinning the unit in a circle around the caster, and the spinning gradually becomes faster until its very fast, then releases the unit shooting it off the rope and causing the unit to damage all units that get in the way, like knocking back units that are in the way of it.

Also in vJass + MUI

Lol, idc what you name it or how you define it.

P.S. If it's too hard then you don't have to make it rofl.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Lol, I thought you had a strong dislike for GUI after that Invoker template yokey-ma-bob :p

(Haven't got a spell request :D)

I really really HATE GUI after that Invoker template, though most people doesn't share those feelings with me, hence I'll probably have to create some GUI crap anyways.

Edit: Notice how I promote vJASS in my first post.

@Renendaru: I'll start working on it tomorrow.

@Tyman2007: Holy s**t that's going to take a while, but I'mma give it a shot just because I like the idea.

MintJulep

Reaction score
Well, there's a GUI spell that I'm looking for in my map, it's going to be called something like, Finishing Blow. Basically, there's this character that has a lot of stunning spells, and Finishing Blow is intended to combo with those spells.

For visuals, basically the swordsman moves really quickly in a blur, in a straight line towards the targeted direction, going through any enemies. But he'll go off the mapscreen (probably can just make him disappear after a second), and end up in his original position a second later (as if he went in a big circle around the entire map/world!).

For effects, any enemies in the line take a regular amount of damage based on the level of the spell. But if they were stunned while they were hit by this attack, it'll deal x5 damage or something.

What'dyou think?

Larcenist

Reaction score
Can easily be done. Should it be MPI/MUI or just single-instancable?

Edit: How many stunning spells has the hero? Just so I know how many buff variables to make.

MintJulep

Reaction score
Oh, it only has to be single-instancable. The hero has I think two ways to stun the enemy, but he will have teammates with stunning attacks as well, so I'm not sure about the answer to your edit question. :(

Larcenist

Reaction score
@MintJulep: Unless you use a lot of custom stun buffs it wont be a problem, and even if you do you can just add them into the check later.

@Tyman2007: You just did that for me ^^. JASS requests will automatically be MUI so it's only the GUI codes that really need to clarify this particular point.

Weyrling

Reaction score
I would like a spell:
Speed (Toggled) - Will need to be MUI
When toggled on, the hero will have a triggered move speed of 1500 (Or insert # here) for any 'move' or 'smart' commands to a location. Should not collide with anything.
Basically, when toggled on, the hero should move extremely fast whenever he is given a move command, in a passive manner. Toggled off, it should do nothing.
I don't care how you set it up, so long as the speed is easily modifiable.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
weyrling i see a problem with that. It's a simple creation, but if your planning on having it attack-move then you cant. he would have to make a slide trigger, then find the running animation and set the animation speed to really high.

Phazon, I honestly don't see what it is truely doing.. perhaps more definition? like is it an orb which goes towards a point, knocking back units in the way and then exploding into a bunch of shards?

Sorry larcenist if im taking over the thread =p. I'm just a little curious on wether they thought about their requests or not.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
Burst
The units attack speed becomes 20 times faster than normal for 1.5 seconds....no cast time/delay like a bloodlust based.
i don't have vJass or newgen :(

P

PhazonCBz

weyrling i see a problem with that. It's a simple creation, but if your planning on having it attack-move then you cant. he would have to make a slide trigger, then find the running animation and set the animation speed to really high.

Phazon, I honestly don't see what it is truely doing.. perhaps more definition? like is it an orb which goes towards a point, knocking back units in the way and then exploding into a bunch of shards?

Sorry larcenist if im taking over the thread =p. I'm just a little curious on wether they thought about their requests or not.

The orb is supposed to deal damage to any enemy unit it hits.
The shards that fly out with the orb are supposed to deal damage also.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Basically you only need newgen if you're planing on implementing a vJass trigger into a different map. Also use jasshelper if you can. Also can you explain why exactly you can't use newgen?

As for the 20x faster.. You can't do that unless you make like a bunch of dummy units that look like the hero but transparent. That would look awesome =).

Units have a set maximum attack speed. if you upgraded an ultra slow attacking unit with 10k% attack speed increase then it will only attack at like 1 attack per second.. and thats like at 10 seconds per attack.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
It was done in Darksoul Rpg (2?) The zombie hero Reborn III has an ability where he attacks fast as crazy for like 1 second.
How do i get newgen? what exactly does it do....ever since i got the suppoed "starcraft II demo" and got a virus an deleted it, im afraid to download anything

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Newgen is basically a tool used to make maps better. It includes a vJass parser which allows you to code more efficiant code. It also changes some limitations, like you can have up to 20 terrain tiles. As well as making 512x512 maps. It basically makes maps the most efficiant as they can get.

Weyrling

Reaction score

I wonder why, exactly, you specified attack-move. I never mentioned it at all. Also, I never asked for making the animations look right.
I meant, exactly, 'move' and 'smart'.

I basically want a working layout for me to personally make more specific changes to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.