Taking Spell Requests.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Okay finished Renendaru's Charge. Tell me if it's not what you're looking for or if something is malfunctioning.

Edit:

@ PhazonCBz: Flare already made a Frozen Orb, you can find it here.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I have e request- can you make a passive that gives a chance to do chainlightning on atack?

Larcenist

Reaction score
You could make that sa an Orb Effect by using the Orb Of Lightning skill and adding Chain lightning as skill. But if you want it without orb effect I guess I could make one.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello

Are you still taking spell requests? If so, could you make me one? =)

Alright, here is the info about it:

Name: Charge
Levels: 4
Description: Target a unit and the caster slides very fast to the unit, knocking it back for a short instance and stunning it + dealing damage to it. If the caster is charging through any trees, those trees will be destroyed and when the target unit is knocked back, it will destroy any trees in it's way so it does not get stuck. Also, if it's pushed against a cliff it won't go over the cliff, instead it will be pushed to the cliff repetetly untill the push duration takes off. As for the lvls, level 1: Deals 100 damage, cast range: 750 level 2: deals 175 damage, cast range: 850 level 3: 250 damage, cast range: 950 level 4: 425 damage, cast range: 1050. Each lvl pushes the unit back for two seconds and stunns it for 3 seconds. P.S make the target have like dust effect on it when pushed back and the caster have it to.

Thanks in advance!

It should be MPI /MUI, and jass or GUI does not matter as long as it's easy to change. Also, Jass NewGen is bugged on my computer, do I need it if you use VJass?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Bugs

1: You can control the guy while "Charging".

2: You don't go very fast when charging.

3: You can attack the targeted unit while he is being knockbacked.

Evaluation: It's good, but I would like it where when you charge, you are uncontrollable and move semi-fast. The knockbacked unit slides back too slow. if possible can you speed it up?

Larcenist

Reaction score
1) You can't control it since ordering anything will cancel the effect. I thought this was what you wanted but you want a basic slide-charge?

2) If sliding I can increase it a lot, but you can just add a move speed bonus otherwise.

3) The knockback is designed to match the duration of the stun. If you stun for 2 seconds, the knockback distance you entered will take 2 seconds. in my example it is knocked back 225 range over 2 seconds at level 3 since that's the entered values. If you want something else please clarify that.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You could make that sa an Orb Effect by using the Orb Of Lightning skill and adding Chain lightning as skill. But if you want it without orb effect I guess I could make one.

Can i do the sme sa any spell i want?

lmichael89

Reaction score
Name: Charge

Code: Whatever works for you

Description of Spell:The Hero Charges Forward[If Possible is Casted by targeting a point or casted to charge forward when clicked] Damages All Units and Pushing them aside.

Point of the Spell: All Units in the path of the hero are pushed out of the way with knockback effect depending on where he is hit.

Amount of Levels: 3-7 Levels

Changing Factors in Level: More Damage,Longer Range

Thanks alot if you can get this done, The Damage doesnt matter too much, just let me know how to change it, and the knockback doesnt have to be too far. I wanted to make the hero cast shockwave and the hero rides the shockwave forward.

-Edit- Wow, eveybody is naming there spell "Charge", just rename mine rampage or something =_=

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Units have a set maximum attack speed. if you upgraded an ultra slow attacking unit with 10k% attack speed increase then it will only attack at like 1 attack per second.. and thats like at 10 seconds per attack.

units have their attack speed limited by their combat animation backswing point, their animation blend time and their attack speed.. here's a pic of what the max attack speed looks like... it's more then 10 per second (the projectile speed is the default 900, and the range is at most 600.. so i counted 32 arrows at once, multiplied by 1.5 (900/600), gives at least 48 attacks per second (i took a normal potm, gave it a 10,000% increase in attack speed, and set what i mentioned above to 0 to get that)

and for a request.. an ability that only works on an attacking enemy, causing them to be unable to stop attacking their target until it dies, goes out of sight, or the ability wears off (5 sec or so)

Attachments

• high attack speed.jpg
    high attack speed.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 277

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
What editor are you using to make these spells?
My current map that I'm working on was made before new NewGen and stuff, so can't import/export anything. :(

Anyway... good luck with the requests. :)

Larcenist

Reaction score
I'm using NewGen for the JASS requests, alternatively regular WE for GUI requests.

Sorry for the delay on the spells, summer break is ending now so I have to fix some school stuff, though if I do not get anything done today I'll make sure to finish several requests tomorrow.

Edit: Finished MintJulep's spell.

Notes: Report any bugs or if something isn't as you wanted it. Not sure if it's SetunitPositionLoc() or just the model but something is messing with the animation and it looks like crap.

MintJulep

Reaction score
Awesome work, Larcenist! My first impression is that the spell looks great, almost exactly what I had imagined. And you took the time to make everything very user-friendly with the notes and customizable variables too, which is very appreciated for someone less experienced like myself. :D

Well, as for the bugs + change requests report:
I found a small bug where you can jump walls/cliffs or stuck yourself, if you're standing with your back to them before starting the spell. It's because the unit reappears 150 units behind their starting location, but changing it to just having the unit reappear at the starting location looks a lot less pleasing aesthetically. A potential solution could just be having the unit just reappear at a good distance behind the starting location, and then continue the collision-free animation until arriving at the starting point.

I don't know why either, but the animation for the unit isn't working or is cancelled out by something, and it isn't the model (I'm going to use Admiral Proudmoore for this, btw). Currently the unit is just in the "stand" animation when the spell is moving them. Changing FB_Animation has no effect on the appearance of the spell.

Also, I'd like to make the unit move even faster during the spell, but I've been having difficulty making the adjustments. I thought an easy way to do this was to set the move duration really low (to like 0.3s or so), but that has the unintended side effect of making the range of the attack much too long. Modifying FB_Offset value can fix the range, but it slows the hero's speed during the spell back to normal as well. So I'm not sure that the change can be accomplished through just editing the variables.

In any case, Larcenist - huge thanks for creating this.

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Hi if your still taking spell request i have some a request here

Sonic Blow:

I want a unit to attack a targeted unit in random number between 12-16 times. And the base damage is 25 then if the next level rises +25 and so on till it reaches level 4. And the damage dealt to each attack is Int+Agi, and if the targeted unit is still attacked he will get stunned and will spin around like spinning a top (lol). and after those it will knock him back for random distance between 125-400 or whatever the max limit is. And when his still spinning can u make a dummy unit which model file is phoenix fire and play its death animation or just make a regular SFX (Special Effect) based on phoenix fire. then after those attacks he jumps back 150 ft. away from the targeted unit

Oh and when my unit is attacking his attacking him Rapidly

And can you plz make it GUI? :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I need multicast.A chance that when a spell is castd the wizzard will cast that spell musltiple times.Here is the cach- the wizard will have a few spell books on him.Only multicast won't be in a spell book.Can you make it so it works for All of the spells(including those in the spellbooks

Larcenist

Reaction score
Awesome work, Larcenist! My first impression is that the spell looks great, almost exactly what I had imagined. And you took the time to make everything very user-friendly with the notes and customizable variables too, which is very appreciated for someone less experienced like myself. :D

Well, as for the bugs + change requests report:
I found a small bug where you can jump walls/cliffs or stuck yourself, if you're standing with your back to them before starting the spell. It's because the unit reappears 150 units behind their starting location, but changing it to just having the unit reappear at the starting location looks a lot less pleasing aesthetically. A potential solution could just be having the unit just reappear at a good distance behind the starting location, and then continue the collision-free animation until arriving at the starting point.

I don't know why either, but the animation for the unit isn't working or is cancelled out by something, and it isn't the model (I'm going to use Admiral Proudmoore for this, btw). Currently the unit is just in the "stand" animation when the spell is moving them. Changing FB_Animation has no effect on the appearance of the spell.

Also, I'd like to make the unit move even faster during the spell, but I've been having difficulty making the adjustments. I thought an easy way to do this was to set the move duration really low (to like 0.3s or so), but that has the unintended side effect of making the range of the attack much too long. Modifying FB_Offset value can fix the range, but it slows the hero's speed during the spell back to normal as well. So I'm not sure that the change can be accomplished through just editing the variables.

In any case, Larcenist - huge thanks for creating this.

I could change it so that you enter the wanted value the unit is moved forward rather than calculations based on 3 factors. This would require you to calculate the total distance yourself though.

@Anti-krazy: Could probably be done.

@Bloodcount: I can do it. GUI/Jass or vJASS?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I could change it so that you enter the wanted value the unit is moved forward rather than calculations based on 3 factors. This would require you to calculate the total distance yourself though.

@Anti-krazy: Could probably be done.

@Bloodcount: I can do it. GUI/Jass or vJASS?

Jass, please

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Minda making a spell for me?

its very simple,

if the heroes' life in below 25%, increase his defense. it lasts until his life reaches above 40%.

GUI please..

oh and +rep of course

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.