Weird Teabagging in our schools

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
What kind of things are you talking about? Slamming the door in their parents face, leaving the houose, disobeying? That's the paren'ts fault. I respect my parents greatly, and it's not because they've hit me, they've never hit me, but how they raised me up. They taught me 'right' from 'wrong'.
Pretty much you want kids to be like slaves, if they don't do what parents want, whip em' or something.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
All corporal punishment does is create a society of kids who will either A) wind up so afraid of making a mistake that they never think or B) hate teachers and school with a passion for the rest of their life and pass this on to their kids.

In my opinion, something does need to be done about the whole teabagging thing. However, I don't really think you should be able to be punished at school for something you didn't do at school. That's like if I drew a satirical picture of Mohammed here, and then officials from the Middle East came and arrested me.

so if someone was doing drugs out of school and was killing people, its all good let them come into your school, who cares not your problem eh?

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
I'm not saying to go out and beat your child senselessly but if he does something wrong give him a fitting punishment for it. As for blaming the parents theres really only so much u can blame them for, I hate seeing all these things today that basically call out parents on everything.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Again, speaking from experience, striking a child does nothing. It guarantees nothing.

Me and my father have come to fist fights before because he and I don't get along and I don't respect my parents in the least when they try to reprimand me. Granted I'm 19 and [virtually] an adult, I didn't respect them as a child for beating me.

If anything, it made that situation worse.

Besides. I hear from all sorts of "ghetto kids" who basically fit what you're talking about who get smacked around by their parents. And they don't respect them, either.

Long story short, violence does not equal respect. That's a load that makes God cry :)

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Again, speaking from experience, striking a child does nothing. It guarantees nothing.

Me and my father have come to fist fights before because he and I don't get along and I don't respect my parents in the least when they try to reprimand me. Granted I'm 19 and [virtually] an adult, I didn't respect them as a child for beating me.

If anything, it made that situation worse.

Besides. I hear from all sorts of "ghetto kids" who basically fit what you're talking about who get smacked around by their parents. And they don't respect them, either.

Long story short, violence does not equal respect. That's a load that makes God cry :)

Coming from personal expierece at the age of 13.

Violence = NO RESPECT

I have gotten into psychical fights with my parents before. It did not help the problem infact made it worse.

If its that bad , theres always teachers. I know a kid who got suspended for a week under sexual harrasment for teabagging another guy.
You don't have anything to lose by being a tattle or something if your being teabag ed....

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah, people tend to be gay while attempting to intimidate others.... I think that we should send kids to Basic training of some kind when they turn thirteen... world would be a much better place. Or at least the places where kids would be going there.

And are you advocating hitting kids to give them discipline? That wouldn't be needed if parents would just take initiation and not let them do whatever they want when they're small. Besides, locking them in closets works much better... unless they're the werid kids who then don't want to come out, in which case you throw them into a much larger, empty room.

DM Cross

Reaction score
And are you advocating hitting kids to give them discipline? That wouldn't be needed if parents would just take initiation and not let them do whatever they want when they're small. Besides, locking them in closets works much better... unless they're the werid kids who then don't want to come out, in which case you throw them into a much larger, empty room.

I'm against it because both that idea and your own are stupid excuses for solutions which don't work :)

Varine

Reaction score
I'm against it because both that idea and your own are stupid excuses for solutions which don't work :)

Well maybe your kids are just weird. When I was a kid my parents put me in a closet when I was naughty and I was a perfect little teenager while in public, which is all that matters. I guess at home I wasn't that good of a kid, but neither were my parents.
And if you put a little douchebag kid into Basic Training, he would get straightened out nice. I don't know if you've ever been there, but as you say it wouldn't work I assume you haven't, but the drill sergeant's not going to take bullshit from someone.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Well maybe your kids are just weird. When I was a kid my parents put me in a closet when I was naughty and I was a perfect little teenager while in public, which is all that matters. I guess at home I wasn't that good of a kid, but neither were my parents.
And if you put a little douchebag kid into Basic Training, he would get straightened out nice. I don't know if you've ever been there, but as you say it wouldn't work I assume you haven't, but the drill sergeant's not going to take bullshit from someone.

I don't have kids. I'm 19.

You're not a "good child", you're someone to be pitied :)

Bartuc08

Reaction score
y'all are taking the more literal route of beating your child

when i say it im referring to bending him over and spanking him with a paddle or belt

y'all seem to take it as an all out brawl between the kids and the parents

i seem to like the boot camp idea, it does work quite well

Varine

Reaction score
y'all are taking the more literal route of beating your child

when i say it im referring to bending him over and spanking him with a paddle or belt

y'all seem to take it as an all out brawl between the kids and the parents

I know it works, go look at a kid that was made to go through military school before and after. There was this really pompous guy that I was at BCT with and after like the second week we was completely changed. Although he might have just been too tired to continue with his antics... I've not seen him since I graduated so I don't know. But for the remaining six weeks he never went out of line.

And if you're 19 then you wouldn't know what works to train a kid, and I never said I was a good kid I said I was good in public. There's a difference between doing whatever you wanted when there's no one around, and being the ideal child when you're in the city center.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
sure it works.. it makes the kind of guy who beats the s*** out of anyone even his friends just for playing a little humerous joke on him, and who is more likely to take anti-depressants or something.

DM Cross

Reaction score

Really?

And if you're 19 then you wouldn't know what works to train a kid, and I never said I was a good kid I said I was good in public. There's a difference between doing whatever you wanted when there's no one around, and being the ideal child when you're in the city center.

Yes, because you know. You're so much more knowledgeable because you were on a different end of the stick. That's right.

You know, I love how people assume they know another person from a simple fact. I've seen people try to "train" their kids with more than violence and opression. I've seen people "train" kids with drugs like animals and that's all you're considering them. Animals.

Quite frankly, not only do I pity you, but you happen to disgust me, too :)

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't think older generations really deserve to beat children. Maybe boot camp, I don't really have any experience or idea with that. If beating children was completely legal, random crazies would abuse it. And they get social security but we don't.:rolleyes:

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Bootcamp isn't all about yellign and screaming at a young person in an attempt to teach them something

it gives the students (i guess thats what we'll call them) teamwork abilities, teaches them about respect for each other, teaches them discipline, and will help them out physically, sure your gonna run across the case of just plain helpless children. but for the most part it does help a lot of people out.

of course beating your child isn't the only thing you do, if he does good praise him. and seth if you haven't realized this yet, humans are animals

DM Cross

Reaction score
and seth if you haven't realized this yet, humans are animals

Of course I'm not talking about natural classification because it's a common fact that humans are animals.

I'm referring to treating children like they're rabid animals, or pets.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Let's not equate corporal punishment with child abuse. There are studies on both sides of the corporal punishment debate. It's a big jump to make a generalization about the effectiveness or side-effects of a certain technique based on any one person's experiences. Maybe in some cases it was ineffective or it crossed the line but there are lots of people who've used corporal punishment and raised completely normal, well-adjusted kids over the pass few centuries.

Varine

Reaction score
Of course I'm not talking about natural classification because it's a common fact that humans are animals.

I'm referring to treating children like they're rabid animals, or pets.

How is putting a kid that needs discipline into boot camp treating him like an animal? I mean, the closet idea kind of is, that was more of a joke punishment my parents did, like time out only in a closet. I had so much fun at Basic... albeit I assume that if I was to not do what I was told, or for some reason to take up an issue with it, it would be a little different.

And what else do you want me to say other than train? Perhaps I should say raise, because it sounds nicer? What do you do when the dog does something bad? You put it outside and train it not to do that anymore... or most people tend to.
What do you do to kids that do something bad? A lot of people send them into their rooms or something, so that they learn not to do that anymore.

Yeah, you are TOTALLY right, the word training has NO relevance. Raising and training are so different, not in any way synonomous. And when did I say drugs and violence work?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
"Raising" or "Training" will not do anything. Varine shows use that's true. You have admit to act differently in public, which leads to the conclusion that you still do what you want as long as your parents don't know, or find out. It's not respect, it's fear. You feared (or another synonym) the closet, so you didn't do things that could get you in the closet. The reason you didn't do things was not out of respect, but because you though of the consequence (closet). Only difference with the kids now-a-days is that there's no closet, and they do it in public too.

Now, just because you don't act/behave the same in public, doesn't mean you're not going to shoot your parents, or just snap suddenly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.