Team Placement

DonMushroom

Reaction score
My map is 6v6 (6 players start at the top of the map 6 players at the bottom)

I am having trouble getting the teams in the right positions at the start of the game.

I have set team placement basic so all the players start with all there team mates.

The thing i am having trouble with is if there is 3 or less players on a team then there is a chance that 2 teams will fill the 6 starting locations at the top or bottom and be next to each other.

I have tried setting the teams with team placement advanced but then the game wont get passed 00 in the lobby and the game wont start unless there is 12 players. :(

I mean really.... WTF Blizzard.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what is causing this, but couldn't you just fix it in-game with triggers? It's a dirty solution, but it should work.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You would need to pre-place the starting units for each starting position and give them to the neutral player. Then when the game starts, determine which player belongs to which team and give the player starting units at the correct location. A Trigger like below should do the trick. Note that you can define unit groups in the editor by using the Map -> Object Groups... window.

Trigger:
  • Start Points
    • Events
      • Game - Map initialization
    • Local Variables
      • i = 0 <Integer>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick each player in (Players on team 1) and do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • General - Switch (Actions) depending on i
            • Cases
              • General - If (0)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 1 Starting Point A and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
                      • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to player (Picked player) and Change Color
              • General - If (1)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 1 Starting Point B and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
                      • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to player (Picked player) and Change Color
              • General - If (2)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 1 Starting Point C and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (3)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 1 Starting Point D and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (4)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 1 Starting Point E and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (5)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 1 Starting Point F and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
          • Variable - Modify i: + 1
      • Variable - Set i = 0
      • Player Group - Pick each player in (Players on team 2) and do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • General - Switch (Actions) depending on i
            • Cases
              • General - If (0)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 2 Starting Point A and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (1)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 2 Starting Point B and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (2)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 2 Starting Point C and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (3)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 2 Starting Point D and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (4)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 2 Starting Point E and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
              • General - If (5)
                • Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 2 Starting Point F and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
          • Variable - Modify i: + 1

DonMushroom

Reaction score
Unit Group - Pick each unit in Team 1 Starting Point A and do (Actions

I don't get this bit :( Are staring locations used? is it done with regions? :(

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Team 1 Starting Point A are Unit Groups. You need to define each starting location by placing the starting units and give them to the neutral player. Then you need to add these starting units to a Unit Group (a new unit group for every starting location). If you go into the Terrain Module and go Map -> Objects Groups..., you can define the Unit Groups without having to create variables for them in the trigger editor.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
lol guys

why you don't make a game variant and put in the teams here?
the only thing you must change is the player properties set the starting locations to 'random' or you will get an error when publishing the map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.