Terrain review!

Vylatin

Reaction score
Some of you maybe remember my Terrain Review posts! :D I'm back now after lots of practice, and I want to hear what you think about this terrain.

The map type is AoS!

Rate it! *1-10*

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Picture #4: It is quite illogical to put 2 rows of fence ^^ Road is a little bit boring.

Quite nice!

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
I like it, maybe.. put fishies in the water, and the statue in # 5 is sorta facing a wierd direction. Maybe even put some animals with da wander abbility =)
Otherwise.. its pretty good. =)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
The terrain is quite nice, but I would fix the issue with the fence that Faust noted. Other than that, very nice work.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
you should put lots of bubbles around where the waterfall in picture 6 hits the pond. Real waterfalls really stir up the water at the bottom.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
you should put lots of bubbles around where the waterfall in picture 6 hits the pond. Real waterfalls really stir up the water at the bottom.

Yeah, and maybe put some more doodads around the beach, and in the water :D

Otherwise, really nice work Vulatin !!!:thup:

7/10

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
nice terrain... very detailed... i would say 7.5/10
details the make terran very nice... you need to add more doodads to the road... you don't have to make a perfect road... break it off a bit in places.... i would recommend stones instead of the fence by the waterfall.. is there a way to go on the beach on the map..

the ocean looks boring... add a neutral ship or something and give it the wander ability... so it looks like it is roaming the island or something...

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Put some rocks and logs at picture #7. The path looks like it came from a black and white comic book to me. Oh, and get rid of those red mushrooms - put the green ones. Overall its quite nice.

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
Very nice terrain. I have a few questions

1. How do you get the very smooth transitions between land and water? Did you start your map as deep water, then use the 'raise' function to create all of your land?

2. How do you get your cliffs so steep?

Vylatin

Reaction score
Thx for your comments! :)

Genkora - Will do!

ludnica - I love red mushrooms xd

TwoHeadedBoy - I started the map with just water. Then I raised the ground to create land. I use UMSWE (advanced editor) to get my cliffs so steep. You can find it at Hiveworkshop!

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
is there a manual on USWME? i have that prog, but don't know how to use it or make steep cliffs like u do...

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Make sure pathway blockers are around cliffs so people can't just climb them.
Bah, who needs pathway blockers, let the units climb the cliffs!!
-
Anyway, its not bad, nothing stunning but it has promise. I like the shape and overall design of it. The individual parts need more creativity and doodads to give life to the terrain, plus a couple of the scenes look a little funky.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Seriously, steep hills are getting boring. They were nice when we first discovered them, but I think a few doodads on them wouldn't hurt? Especially since people always use the same tile for those (Not sure what it's called), it's a bit ugly. Besides, I don't know what people have against blizzard cliffs. They look better IMO, the only difference is you can only have 2 cliff levels differences without putting a bunch of cliffs - which is what's ugly.

Other than that, looks pretty good, except for the 2 layers of fences that Faust mentioned (Which you probably fixed by now).

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I happen to like blizzard cliffs as well, the only problem is the two level thing, and the fact that you cant round them out, they just look bad in that respect, it's too angular. The thing I really like about blizzard cliffs is the height combat bonus and stuff, so it makes maps more "tactical" in a sense.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.