<|---|TERRAINING CONTEST|-|theme: city/village|--->

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm what should i say about the contest? i am a bit sad but i had known i wont be one of the best 5 ^^, congratulation to everyone, were some very nice terrains.

an idea for the next terraining contest, how about a terrain which is 100% playable for ground units? would make it much harder ^^

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
eww no that wouldnt be fun >.>
i say base it off of another theme,

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
That idea is not that good. Would cut off a lot of potential contestants. Basically, that is the essence of contest terraining. You are not forced to do something practical, just something appealing and interesting.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
mines fully walkable and playable. Yes, even the dock.

Its not that hard and personally, I can't stand maknig a terrain that cannot be used. :\

If i ever finish the terrain on that map I'll upload it for anyone to use.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
but where is the sense in making a wonderfull terrain if nobody can use it? you can make a really nice terrain but its just useless because you can't use it for a map... i think it is important for a good terrainer to make a terrain which doesnt just look nice but does work fine though.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
To get tons of free rep? Who cares when you can have reputation, people surely wont play your map anyway, nothing can beat a game that i wont name, that, making your game played once or twice. So you'd better make a terrain yourself that is not-playable and that you can easily earn rep with it :D

And here, i think everyone want rep, correct me if i'm wrong!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
plus it looks really pertty. i thought the pertyness was why people terrained for no map but for fun?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
If you want to limit yourself go for it, but don't think it's going to be a rule for a terraining contest.
Take a look at the entries #3, 8 and 12. I'm sure they'd look really good ingame, it's just that it doesn't matter in a contest where a single screenshot counts.

I can't force you, do what you want. But I think that many of you could be a lot better if you get that game camera perspective out of your head. oO

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Yeah, I really wanted to work on mine more before I sent it in. Maybe ill finish it now. If only I had done it sooner, I might have at least came in third. x-D

Congratulations battlemapsta, GeertPingen, and drahpoelix!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
oh i got a quick question:
i dled that UI before for that thing to make steeper cliffs with raise: is that allowed in the next contest or do i have to disable it?

2-P

Reaction score
The UI thingy is fine. It was already allowed in this contest.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
oh ok :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
That is not really an import ;). In the same manner, you could use We-no-limits or anything similar to disable WE limits, as that UI thing is disabling the cliff height limit.

2-P

Reaction score
>"...when is next one"

Not before the current threads are unstickied. :p

>"and what will it be?"

A terraining contest.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.