Terraining - Underwater Universe

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Sigh...I can understand, why people use imageshack. It is turtle-slow. Photobucket is a lot faster.

If you would replace the annoying " ~~~~~~" signs and bold the section headers, then I shouldn't see a reason why this wouldn't get approved.

Good job.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Good tutorial, some suggestions:

-Fog Denstiy does pretty close to nothing. (0.40? Where does that value come from? o_0)

-Did you really use the Lordaeron Winter sky in the tutorial? It looks very different when I use it. Whatever, it shouldn't be used anyway. Fogged sky is the best one for underwater shots. The background in an underwater scene has to look monotonous.
The background in your screenshots is a lot brighter in some areas. How come? Is there something on the surface which blocks the sunrays. :p

-Also, the horizontal line shouldn't be visible.

>"I do not use 0, because the fog becomes really thick, and it gets kinda hard to see."

-I'm starting to wonder if you tried everything out what you wrote here. :p Really, there's no visible difference.

-You might want to mention the "Fish School" doodad. IMO one of the best models for underwater terraining.

-A sunken ship is sooo cliche. :p

EDIT:
>"I will use “light blue” for this tutorial, because it’s not too dark or bright, just the right color for sea."

Water has so many different colors, and light blue is IMHO by far not "the right" color. The red value is too high.
Red shouldn't be higher than 50 or so. Usually a mix between green and blue does the job. ^^

Curuinor

Reaction score
Isn't there a leak in the sfx thing? Couldn't you just base an ability off of Orb that'll do the same thing?

>_>

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Thanks for all the useful advice guyz. I tested it and yes, different skies look different, infact, leave the sky as it is. Its nicer that way because its white. And ill change the format right way...
Fogged sky is the best one for underwater shots. The background in an underwater scene has to look monotonous.
I like the default sky best.
-You might want to mention the "Fish School" doodad. IMO one of the best models for underwater terraining.
I added a part which tells you step by step how to make the fishes overhead
I'm starting to wonder if you tried everything out what you wrote here. Really, there's no visible difference.
lol as a matter-of-fact i did, i tried it, and at 100 the fog became thicker and my vision was a bit obstructed, i tested till i felt 100 was the best so that the underwater fog does not get in your way.
The background in your screenshots is a lot brighter in some areas. How come? Is there something on the surface which blocks the sunrays.
I don't really get what you mean, is it the time difference? I feel sea looks better at day time.
-A sunken ship is sooo cliche.
lol thats true =P. But what else is there other than sunken ships and caves? Caves u already done, and i have no hope of beating yours ^^

Thanks for answering!!!

Reaction score
Good job with this tutorial ;), only thing I don't like is the flat ground.

> -Z start 100
Would be better as 0 I think, so it would look more water like in front of the camera too.

> -Colour used Light Blue
I want more teaaaaal to the sea :p

When I did underwater in morning, I noticed that blue fog fits there very well :p

rayquaza218

Reaction score
I tried teal, looked really artificial, like a chlorine dump.Ok fine, i give in due to popular demand... Ill change z start to 0. Happy now guyz? =p

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
:D :D :D um may u tell me how to make the game like Aos Type (Dota) when a unit casts submerge it goes in underwater just like Water Wars. The unit cast submerge and it goes down underwater so how i do it help me please:p

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
You split your map in two, top half is normal and bottom half is watercovered. You just move the units around.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
well but that map is like totally covered it isnt spilt into half. aniwhere u submerged u get the area below u submerged example . i submerged at the middle i came to the bottom of the middle of the underwater. i think it is formed using 2 maps????????????????????? or 1 map?? please help thx alot bud:D

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Jaz, you do realise that its FOGGING so it covers the whole map. Sorry wraith, im bafffled. try using fade filters, crappier effects, but its the only possible non-JASS way, try locals for JASS

S

Seanbot

you know

you know that you can use the preferances in the scenario options to put moon rays in? and to change the time of day

mpksingh

Reaction score
WE minus more tools.

It is really a nice tutorial. I am purely a beginner in map making and am trying to learn more and more by going through different tutorials. At the moment, I have some of my maps (w3m) stored at this http://www.lionskamrupa.com/warcraft3_roc_maps.htm page for download.

However, as I move from one tutorial to another, I find that my World Editor (Reign Of Chaos) is without a number of tools. For example, the "Map Properties" dialog box screenshot you have shown in clause (3) is not present in my WE. Likewise, a few more tools/options are missing in my WE. Where is the problem? Could you please let me know?

mpksingh

mpksingh

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. But, what is FT and where can I get it?

mpksingh

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.