RPG TES4: Oblivion

Caedin88

Reaction score
I started a freeform RPG based off of TES4: Oblivion its about 5% complete, but still has alot of stuff in it, if any one would like to add to this project please let me know.

DevilX

Reaction score
nice myself i have TES3: Morrowind (with Expansions) map :), i have to remake everything in it, Add the real mobs etc :D

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
dude you have my full support.
I got around 50% done with my map and then just quit. This task is difficult to replicate with only 256x256 ;)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I was doing something similar with Morrowind until I realized that I had nowhere near enough room to make it. got the 512x512 map but it made it way too laggy to play.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Hi. Just tested your map.
To be honest. I have seen better impressions of oblivion when people where not even trying to make that:eek:

There was one really important issue that I thought I would bring up to you.
One thing that is great about oblivion is the somewhat realistic training system. You use a sword to get better in it. This was more of a might and magic thing, walk aroung towns to find the next master to train you in your skills:(

I know that it is really a lot of calculations to make it as in oblivion, I made something like it myself a while back, but the only thing is that it was before I knew anything about JASS or leaks. It lagged as hell when used multiplayer. I think tho that there is a way to make it work in multiplayer by using JASS.

I had the whole lot, you got hit there was a formula that added to some kind of value and when that value reached a certain level some skill went up.

That was some post, hope it gave you something to think about and I really hope that it gave you some ideas, beacuse oblivion is a really good game and to make something that looks even a little like it in warcraft 3 is a real challenge.

Joshman_09

Reaction score
wow really good layout and stuff but it dont really have much of a point ive never played oblivion so i cant say much but u should add like quest and cinematics make it more interesting :thup:

Caedin88

Reaction score
Just to mention the version I posted was only 2 days worked on, its a little farther now, has more spells types, like conjuration, stealth and other things like that. I'll post an update when im happy with it.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
I have Oblivion my self. First its rubsih as the game expect the Mods make it sooo much better. I will look at your map. But dose anyone agreee with me that instead of just adding cyrodill they should of allowed you into Morrowind and Summerset Isles and the places you you could go in on tes 1, 2 and 3? Or is that just me?

EDIT: Ook, why isn't chyandyl or what ever it's called not under Bravil. The first hit from a Vampire always gives you vampirism, NPC Vampires don't get damaged in Sunlight. The Creeps at the begining are far too strong, there are creeps in places where you cant acsess and why is there a warlock where Bruma should be. Other than that i can see it forming as i love Oblivion i guess i kinda like the idea of the map. I could improve it a bit but other than that i think it would take you ages....

Caedin88

Reaction score
EDIT: Ook, why isn't chyandyl or what ever it's called not under Bravil. The first hit from a Vampire always gives you vampirism, NPC Vampires don't get damaged in Sunlight. The Creeps at the begining are far too strong, there are creeps in places where you cant acsess and why is there a warlock where Bruma should be. Other than that i can see it forming as i love Oblivion i guess i kinda like the idea of the map. I could improve it a bit but other than that i think it would take you ages....

---> Why isn't cheydenhal under bravil? -- Because cheydenhal is in the north east of cyrodil...

---> The first hit from a Vampire always gives you vampirism. -- It shouldn't at least in my current version it doesn't, it doesn't in Oblivion either, its a chance on hit to get the hemophilia disease, and you become a vampire after sleeping if its not cured.

---> NPC Vampires don't get damaged in Sunlight. -- Neither do they in Oblivion. I have also made it were you can feed on nuetral passive units to not take sun damage, kind of like in real Oblivion.

---> The Creeps at the begining are far too strong -- The game is intended for team play, but i've added a system to scale the enemies based on the number of players in the game.

---> As far as the warlock its part of a quest to get Master Stealth, the location was random, i may move it later...

Thanks for the feedback!

duderock101

Reaction score
ok i got the name wrong sorry its Leyawin... thats under Bravil. Can i help you with this map, i have my own maps to make but i can do both. I would love to see this continued... please... :rolleyes:

Caedin88

Reaction score
Yeah the 256x256 restricted me, i wasn't able to add leyawin, kvatch, or anvil :(. Sure i'd love your help, what can you do?

I'm working on this ATM actually, using http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Monsters i've added most of the enemies found in Oblivion.

I need to finish my skills, if you want you can help with that... I need Alchemy, Mysticism, Alteration, Illusion, Mercantile, Speechcraft, Armorer. Alot of those skills I don't really know how to add in yet... things like Mercantile, Armor, and Speechcraft will be trickey because of thier nature.

You can get skills info here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Skills

Anything you do will be appreciated.

duderock101

Reaction score
Don't worry, i know how to play Oblivion lol. I will need to have a look at your current skill triggers to try and recreate somthing like it, i will tell you once i am done...

cowmenace

Reaction score
why recreate a map when it is an awesome map. It's not like you will do better they had the original idea they worked with their imagination now you come and try to make a copy? I don't understand the point if you are making it just like oblivion. If I got to choose between having mona lisa or a mona lisa that went under a copy machine at fedex/kinkos I would pick the mona lisa any day.

duderock101

Reaction score
Well from what your implying, you don't think that map is any good because some body has already though of the idea. If thats so then you should never make any map that anybody has ever thought of.

Caedin88

Reaction score
why recreate a map when it is an awesome map. It's not like you will do better they had the original idea they worked with their imagination now you come and try to make a copy? I don't understand the point if you are making it just like oblivion. If I got to choose between having mona lisa or a mona lisa that went under a copy machine at fedex/kinkos I would pick the mona lisa any day.

There are many Open freeform RPGS already on B.NET, some are made to emulate World of Warcraft, or other franchises, some are completely original. I thought it would be fun to make one based off of TES4 Oblivion.

Edit: Its also a tribute to the original game, not trying to steal thier ideas and claim myself a creative genious, its a form of complimentry.

Caedin88

Reaction score
Don't worry, i know how to play Oblivion lol. I will need to have a look at your current skill triggers to try and recreate somthing like it, i will tell you once i am done...

Don't worry about the triggering, just make the abilities and ill trigger them in... its kind of comlicated, involving items and such and ive already made my other skills in the same fasion so I'll trigger them in no prob.

duderock101

Reaction score
oh so i should delete the whole alchemy skill then... I just copied you existing triggers and edited them for Alchemy. All you need to do is make a selection for the potion. Have you got an email i can send the map too?

Caedin88

Reaction score
oh so i should delete the whole alchemy skill then... I just copied you existing triggers and edited them for Alchemy. All you need to do is make a selection for the potion. Have you got an email i can send the map too?

[email protected]

I can't wait to see what you have done, with so many ingrediants, I didn't know how to go about alchemy. If you made the ability with triggers thats okay, don't delete those. Just send me what you make and ill import it / add whats needed to put it in the map.

cowmenace

Reaction score
from what I got you are making the same towns, the same skills, the same basic game play, what exactly will be different and better? and about people simulating WoW, it is a free version of WoW which is why people play it. You are telling me that it is better? You see several different RPG's but the hits are the ones where the creator used originality and their own style, not a copy of somebody else's. This is just one simple opinion don't take my word for it. I am simply suggesting that you do not make a copy, add more skills and more variety of enemies. Make it your own map that you created, based off of somebody else's, but do not make their map as it has been done and perfected.

I probably have the wrong idea of what you are doing but from what you said you are making the exact same thing only smaller and with more teamwork?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.