RPG TES4: Oblivion

Caedin88

Reaction score
from what I got you are making the same towns, the same skills, the same basic game play, what exactly will be different and better? and about people simulating WoW, it is a free version of WoW which is why people play it. You are telling me that it is better? You see several different RPG's but the hits are the ones where the creator used originality and their own style, not a copy of somebody else's. This is just one simple opinion don't take my word for it. I am simply suggesting that you do not make a copy, add more skills and more variety of enemies. Make it your own map that you created, based off of somebody else's, but do not make their map as it has been done and perfected.

I probably have the wrong idea of what you are doing but from what you said you are making the exact same thing only smaller and with more teamwork?

Have you played Oblivion? Im turning a single player open world RPG into a 12 player RTS ORPG. Thats totally different.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I probably have the wrong idea of what you are doing but from what you said you are making the exact same thing only smaller and with more teamwork?

That is not even possible. The reason for oblivion being singleplayer only is beacuse of all the quests and calculations. If bethesda was to make oblivion multiplayer capable they would have to make it all from scratch and leave out most of the wonderful things about it, like their leveling system, it is based on sleeping, that can't be used in multiplayer:eek: And the rest function had to be dumped aswell:eek:

The thing he can do is make his interpuration of the game and use the things that he finds nessecary for people to get that special oblivion feeling in wc3:) That is what he is making(please tell me if I'm wrong), and the fact that you just dare to compare it to wow, that is just outrageous:mad:

Edit: Oh, and how is this thing coming along Caedin88? is it still you that makes it? And please tell me if there is something I can do to help you with this. I would really love to see this project done:D

Caedin88

Reaction score
Edit: Oh, and how is this thing coming along Caedin88? is it still you that makes it? And please tell me if there is something I can do to help you with this. I would really love to see this project done:D

Yeah i'm still working on it... interestingly after working on the map for about 3-4 days I spent about 30 hours playing Oblivion and not even working on the map because when making the map i was reminded about stuff i still wanted to do in the game, so i did :). I'll post the latest version now...

Things worth noting, Alchemy is fully into the game but the higher level potions need to be added and I may redo the Ingrediants system to be more Oblivion like, the simple system thats in place was just somthing i could throw together quick and not spend countless hours making ingrediant items, ill save that for later.

I personally am horrible at terraining, but im gona try to do the best I can for now, when the map is complete I may look for some one on the forums to go back and reterrain everything.

Anyway, here is the latest version.

EDIT: I am working on spell creation and item enchanting via Arcane University now, really excited about getting it in the game.

Attachments

• Oblivion.w3x
    314.8 KB · Views: 274

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I tested the map, I must say that it feels a little more oblivion like than the first one:thup:
But, there is some things that you might want to look into:)
There is no buffs(what I could see atleast) that strenghtens someone when they become a vampire:(
And when I killed the vampire I got the disease:rolleyes:
Else it is starting to look like something:)

Keep up the good work:thup: and PM me if you want some help or something:D

Caedin88

Reaction score
I tested the map, I must say that it feels a little more oblivion like than the first one:thup:
But, there is some things that you might want to look into:)
There is no buffs(what I could see atleast) that strenghtens someone when they become a vampire:(
And when I killed the vampire I got the disease:rolleyes:
Else it is starting to look like something:)

Keep up the good work:thup: and PM me if you want some help or something:D

Becoming a Vampire increases your agility by 1xHeroLevel when getting vampirism. Additionally every level you gain while being a vampire gives 1+ bonus agility.

So by level 35, which is the current game level cap( via exp rate not gameplay constants ) you get a permanent bonus of 35 to agility.

It's only really useful for agility based heroes as it only equates to 4 armor.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
hows the project coming? Do you still need my help with anything cos you ain't conatcted me in months...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe he's dead. Seriously.

Wee... didn't notice this before but it seems to have positive feedback.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.