Other Test Your Luck!

Lamby

Reaction score
Lamby's Test Your Luck!
V1.1.1 (Download at bottom of map)

Description:

Do you think your lucky? Find out in this map! The chances of winning are almost the same as the lottery. It's really all about making the right choice. And doing it ten times in a row. When the right choice changes every time. And you have to start over when you make the wrong choice. Compete with your friends to see who can get the farthest! Good Luck!

Things needing fixxed:

-General Improvements

Lives: Either 1, 3, or 5.

Some round descriptions:
Round 1: Step into a circle of power and hopes it right.
Round 2: Jump down the right waterfall (and hope for soft, squishy coral and not sharp, pointy coral)
Round 6: (In the magical volcano land!): Choose the dormant volcano.
Round 8: Pick the right grave and hope It doesn't become yours.
Odds of Victory:

Odds of making it to the next round from each round:

# - Odds
1 - 1 in 2
2 - 1 in 3
3 - 1 in 4
4 - 1 in 5
5 - 1 in 6
6 - 1 in 7
7 - 1 in 8
8 - 1 in 9
9 - 1 in 10

Odds of getting to each round from round 1 (Add one to the first number for each life you have left):
# - Odds
2 - 1 in 2
3 - 1 in 6
4 - 1 in 24
5 - 1 in 120
6 - 1 in 720
7 - 1 in 5,040
8 - 1 in 40,320
9 - 1 in 362,880
W- 1 in 3,628,800

Changelog:
-(V1.1.1) Fixxed the infinite lives bug.

-(V1.1.0: Major Change)Changed from where one player uses all five lives then next person goes, to where it alternates the order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, etc.). This means poor little player 5 doesn't have to wait through 20 lives on 5 life mode, and means your host is more likely to stay through the whole game.

-(V1.0.1) When someone leaves, something almost always messes up.

If you make it to the end, you even get to see a bonus cinematic!
Good luck!

(Sorry, the map is protected because I'm distributing it on battle.net as well, and even though I doubt anyone will really care enough about this map to take credit. If you want help on how to do something you see in the map though, just ask.)

Attachments

• Test Your Luck!V1.1.1.w3x
    68.9 KB · Views: 210

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
You need more information, so what makes this map interesting enough to make players play it again and again? Looking at level 4 already is annoying enough with such a little chance.

How good is the ending cinematic to make us play it xxxx times? You should take that % level down I doubt you can get to level W anyway.

Lamby

Reaction score
It's just a short, small game that can be a fun little break from AoS's, TD's, Etc.

Plus, those are the odds of getting to the end from each round. I probably should have made that clearer. I'm editing it right now to include other stuff I forgot.

And what makes you play it again and again is being able to see if you can get to the next level this time. Or just to compete with your friends and see who gets farther.

Ok, It's edited now.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I mean, is it just pressing one button randomly and like it will say "you have entered round 2?" or is it something more special. If it is, well I have nothing to say.

Lamby

Reaction score
Each round is unique, giving you a different choice to make each time. It does say "You have entered round x" though, lol. To see for yourself, I suggest trying it. It can be played single player.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
mmm. all i did was walk into circles/platforms to see if i died or not. i cant say i would play it more than once O_O. my luck is pretty crappy though

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
What kind of choices? You have to elaborate though or at least give us what the first few rounds what we are supposed to do and keep us in darkness for about round 5 to 10.

I am too lazy to do that since the map is protected and I have WE on and I can't open it and do control F9 in to the map.

Lamby

Reaction score
mmm. all i did was walk into circles/platforms to see if i died or not. i cant say i would play it more than once O_O. my luck is pretty crappy though

Thank you for playing.

After the third round it gets more unique. Also it's more fun with more people. Gives you someone to compete with.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I tested it and it was very boring, since it was just randomly walking into circles and such with no unique stuff at all.

Also, make us respawn on the last level we went to, do you know the pain of walking from level 1 to level 4?

Lamby

Reaction score
What unique stuff would you suggest?

Also, like I said before, It's better with friends, even if it can be played single player.

And If you respawned on the last level you won, that would reduce the odds a lot, which I don't really want to do.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Not really, from the first level to walking to my current level, I went through the same checkpoint and didn't die.

Make some sort of a object interaction?

Lamby

Reaction score
That was luck, it does change every life.

And I'll work on making it more unique. I have a few ideas, but it may take a while.

Lamby

Reaction score
I dided at the graveyard thingy... really, this is pure luck.
Thanks for playing.

Wow, you made it further than I ever have lol. I've made it to the runes. And yes, it uses random numbers to ensure that change every time you enter a level to ensure that it's random.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.