TH Mini-Tournament Series #4 (1v1) [RESULTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokker

Reaction score
I would play on EU, I don't play very well though : D Is this tournament OK for beginners?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would play on EU, I don't play very well though : D Is this tournament OK for beginners?

This tournament is for all ranges of ability. It will just be luck of who you end up against, so it is worth entering anyway, even if it is just for fun :)

Jokker

Reaction score
Battle.net ID: Jokker 922
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random): Zerg
Realm: EU
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): +2
Country (Optional): Estonia!

Let's have some fun! : D

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: Jokker 922
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random): Zerg
Realm: EU
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): +2
Country (Optional): Estonia!

Let's have some fun! : D

Awesome :D
Hopefully we can get one (two technically if Slapshot doesn't feel like doing EU anymore) more people for the EU to save the day (because otherwise I have to do amazing bracket work). Its really fun and others should get involved.

Jokker

Reaction score
I love to organise tournaments (used to hold tournaments for other games. Many, MANY times XD).

So I would help you, if needed, in the future. With anything. But right now I have 5 exams coming, so .. yeah..

Let me know if you need help in the future though..

EDIT: Someone tossed the "local funday monday" idea into the air. Im really tempted. REALLY. Although I am not sure how it would end out happening right now. But in the future.. maybe. We could have a Youtube channel for best of the best games.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I love to organise tournaments (used to hold tournaments for other games. Many, MANY times XD).

So I would help you, if needed, in the future. With anything. But right now I have 5 exams coming, so .. yeah..

Let me know if you need help in the future though..

EDIT: Someone tossed the "local funday monday" idea into the air. Im really tempted. REALLY. Although I am not sure how it would end out happening right now. But in the future.. maybe. We could have a Youtube channel for best of the best games.

I would love for anyone to help with Tournaments or any sort of thing on the site, as well, its possible if anyone wants to put the replays online because we do have a community Youtube account.

In anycase, I need one more person from Europe to join and be the hero for his/her continent. So yes, just one more player and we can start this thing. Players look to your right and left and think about how many people that is. Consider getting someone to join. :D

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Not many people seem interested in this because of the number of bumps I have to do. For that reason, I am debating whether or not to do the tournament. While we only need one more person, the general attitude has been minimal.

If one more person does join in the next day or so, I will definitely move forward with the tournament. If not, I will do the executive action of closing this down and waiting for another time to host a Tournament.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats very sad news.

The problem is that tournaments that even have a lot of people wanting to do them, still require a lot of nagging by contestants and myself to get things done by certain people. With the current lack of interest I am afraid that the tournament will just turn disastrous. Though because people have signed up, I am giving this last chunk of time for a late entry. However after that I will drop this one. Who knows I might do a more advance tournament for those interested. I am happy to help anyone who wants to do any sort of event with Starcraft, not just Tournaments.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I understand and don't blame you Miz. If the tournament gets shut down I will offer some coaching sessions to the people on EU server(if they want some ofc) I am not the best, but I am decent enough to give good advice.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I suggest we just have everyone play vs each other person in their realm, ex: 6 matches for each person in the EU league since there are 7 players, put a deadline of say 1 month, and then have most # of wins be the winner

also the tournament brackets in the 2nd and 3rd posts don't have everyone (they only have 2/5 people)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggest we just have everyone play vs each other person in their realm, ex: 6 matches for each person in the EU league since there are 7 players, put a deadline of say 1 month, and then have most # of wins be the winner
[...]

that might work out, i vote for approval.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score

also the tournament brackets in the 2nd and 3rd posts don't have everyone (they only have 2/5 people)

Sure, that sounds alright by me. If you guys are interested in that post below telling the others you are willingly to battle them in informal combat. Post whoever won and I will give rewards out based on the scores.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Cool, if you're on the american servers, I'll definitely watch your games.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent played the game now for like a month and a half but i sure as hell always enjoy a match. When i have time of course.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm up for that. Sounds like a plan.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
so.. I think we have a majority then? anyone want to play vs me this Thursday?

edit: I think we still need maps to be chosen for the match-ups.. and should we do best of 3 or not?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
so.. I think we have a majority then? anyone want to play vs me this Thursday?

edit: I think we still need maps to be chosen for the match-ups.. and should we do best of 3 or not?

For Best out of 3, I think that should be decided by the two people in their match-up beforehand (Speaking this is a very casual event). So if you want a best out of 1 that is fine, if you want a best out of 3 or even 5, more power to you.

As for choosing the maps, you can PM me with who you are going to be challenging (or post in this thread) and I will give you your map(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.