The best War3 Editor

StRoNgFoE.

Reaction score
What is the best Warcraft III world editor available for download, and where can I find it?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
well there is only one world editor. and it comes with the warcraft 3 game..

there are many other add-ons, the best, in my opinion being jass new gen pack, and egui if you use GUI to trigger

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I agree. I don't JASS but I still use newgen and it is amazing. I'm probably going to be installing EGUI as well once my ban lifts.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
u still doing terrain request aval??

i got a map that needs some facelift..very minor stuff

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What is the best Warcraft III world editor available for download, and where can I find it?

There are several Warcraft 3 World Editors around here, and most known are:

World Editor - Unlimited
World Editor - NewGen

But if you don't use JASS, use normal World Editor. Otherwise, use NewGen.

xombie

Reaction score
Hey StRoNgFoE. Remember me?

Anyways, the best editor to use whether you use GUI or JASS is NewGen. The only feature of WEU is those stupid custom functions they have which make the map un-openable in any other editor.

Why would anybody use the normal World Editor over JNGP? That said, I've just reminded myself that there are some problems with NewGen GUI regarding hashtables.

scubazoo

Reaction score
however, how long will the jassnewgen remain compatible with new patches? the world editor unlimited seemed to become incompatible a while back. it would be a shame to make a map and then all of a sudden not be able to play it when a new patch comes out.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scubazoo, you can modify anything to be compatible with a new patch, you just need to find where the incompatibility comes from and then change it to be compatible. If a patch were to break JNGP, Pitzer (or is Pipedream in charge now?) would release an updated JNGP.

Anyways, if you are on a Mac or Linux, there are no custom editors you can use (yet) and I don't know if there will ever be any. However, there are a couple of custom editors for windows.
  • JNGP 1.5d — Includes Grimoire, TESH, and wehack.lua, and outdated Reinventing the Craft and JassHelper.
  • World Editor Unlimited — The 'other' custom editor. Unfortunately, the most reliable download is on wc3c.net, and their server is currently down, and the use of WEU is highly frowned upon.
My suggestion is to get JNGP, and get an updated JassHelper folder to replace the folder that comes with NewGen. Then you should integrate Reinventing the Craft in case you ever want to play an RtC game or develop your own, it's nice to have.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.