Tutorial The Guide to make a good Hero

A

AK-47Pirates

Hero Sounds

When making hero sounds I always like to have the heroes actually say words. Like if you have a Gnoll Hero, I find it very distracting when you click it goes like: "RUFFF" or "GRRRR" and stuff. Try to give heroes voices not barking or grunting sounds. :eek:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
About names...

First names don't usually have any meaning to them, they're just random letters that sound good together. Name-making is an art really, eventually you just learn to take names out of your ass. Of course, most are just normal shit and farts, but after thinking of a few, you come out with the good stuff. Like, I start thinking and- ilibid...no...kuraga...no...galathar...yeah! of course, it sometime takes a lot longer, especially if you want something to go well with what you want. You should mention that the names of your heros should also go along with their races, for example a orc name is usually simple and guttural, like Hagar, but a night-elf name is usually long and eloquent, like Elethidios. A ogre's name is usually very short, and sounds kinda like a grunt, like Urk, or Og.

rtatpi

Reaction score
This is a great guide. Try to move it to the tutorial repository and maybe one of the webmasters will move it to the website.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I can't move it to the tutorial place myself. A moderator's work.

And, Agentpaper, i had a section of how to randomize names that work together with the hero.

Zakyath

Reaction score
"Zakyath" is just random letters. And I can't say it's just another gay name like "Rodsaxzy" or whatever.

Z

Zero R.

This tutorial isn't really complete. You forgot about Stats. You would need to balance those stats. A hero like the Phlanax Commander would most likely a Str. Based Hero, with Agility being it's second highest attribute. Also, make sure that the attribute you want to focus on is not superceded by another attribute in later levels. For example:

On level one, Hero Jimmy has an Agi. of 21, and Str. of 17. Jimmy's Primary Attribute is Agi.

But because of strange Complications in the distribution of stats [Not including Tomes], Jimmy experiences strange changes in his stats.

His Agi is now 34, but his Str. is 37. Strange especially since his Primary Att. is Agi.

Rabarber

Reaction score
Added that part. I had it ready but somehow forgot to add it ;)

Phalanx commander, Zero R., not Phlanax.

Z

Zero R.

Rabarber said:
Added that part. I had it ready but somehow forgot to add it ;)

Phalanx commander, Zero R., not Phlanax.

Oh.

I'm saddened by this fact.

I am now inclined to talk over this with my lay-minister-wer.

Z

Zero R.

Ok. To compensate:

What I do to split up the points in levelling up to follow the Blizzard formula. 3 on the Primary Attribute, 2 on the second one, and 1 on the third.

So, Jimmy would have 3 points in Agility, 2 points in Str. and 1 point in Intelligence.

Rabarber

Reaction score
...Not really. Check the heroes. The Tauren Chieftain, for example, has 1.5 points in Agility and Intelligence each level, and 3 points in Strengh. ;)

Rabarber

Reaction score
The Demon Hunter is very special. He is a hero that should be based off Strengh, but is based of agility, and has Intelligence spells ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.