Arena The Pandaren Clicker

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I meant to say that I cannot link the Gold Income System (right?) to "people don't actually have to wait for respawning, coming, finding etc."

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Well, lets just make it so that if you die, and you own the point it turns neutral passive, if someone gets it, its theirs able to steal again.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ohhh, ok wait wait wait, so like a base? and it's neutral - hostile (not sure, but the one that when you get close, you own the unit and stuff right?) and you are saying to make one like gold income base and the team owning it gets gold but lose possession over that "unit" (with 0 movement speed?) when get killed and other player can take control over it instead!!! ok I get it now although this is not what you were originally saying since a few posts back right?

so like Control-the-Base kinda thing where controller gains big advantage over other teams :)

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Yes, easy to camp and protect but you could die since like all teams want it so they come and gank you. Its a good thing so the game actually has more income.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
umm umm ;] I see,

will make sure I include this in the next Compilation of Ideas to be Implemented on the map :D

map v2.2 attached (incomplete)
So far:
• Improved Stomp stun duration
• Relocated each player's upgrade taverns to near their base (also have floating text to indicate)
• Can't blink outside

To complete v2.2:
• Ghost-ride and Hades' Hand

To do Now:
• Work on my essay :p

Attachments

• The Pandaren Clicker 2.2.w3x
    138.6 KB · Views: 309

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
LOL, it's always something soo..., well, I don't know a word for it there, but thanks man :)

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Version 2.3a

Game-play:
- Added Stunning and Critical Click

Misc:
- Modified hero interface

Mechanics:
- Rewritten clicking damage system to accommodate for the newly added stunning and critical click plus preparing for future click upgrades
- Evasion over-rides both stunning and critical click
- Hero damage is now set to the hero's agility to prepare for future heroes implementation
- 1 agility = 1 defense (just to notify players of their own damage)

sorry for the lack of updates lately, school just started :p

Attachments

• The Pandaren Clicker 2.3a.w3x
    149.2 KB · Views: 291

Forsaken

Reaction score
I think he already has plans to make different starting heroes once the basic game mechanics are working and buggless

be cool if one of the heroes has a 15% (might be too high) chance to do an extra click every click =w= cause those extra clicks may stun/crit etc and also may create another extra click lol =w=

Forsaken

Reaction score
True but heroes should have some pretty unique abilities, something that makes them desirable and balanced lol... any ideas? im sure moradiae will appreciate what we give he can pick an choose after that =w= and balancing can come in test and newer versions like the bash he balanced

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
The normal Panda [one right now] should get cleave click? [Not sure if possible] or just Chain Lightning cast.
The Pandaren Brewmaster [if making] should get AoE spin that the panda spins in a circle every 40 clicks that are successful.
Other random ideas.
Every 30 clicks heals.
Every click gives a mist that makes yourself hard to find.
Clicks give Poison.
1% Insta-kills?
Clicks and Chain Lightning.
Clicks and Immobilize.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Forsaken said:
15% (might be too high) chance to do an extra click every click
a good idea :)
Mech. - selecting (triggering unit) in the damaging trigger

Whoareyou said:
Panda Upgrades, like evolve them
will certainly think about this, now that I've come to know about Chaos ability and such, maybe heroes with the ability to shift between 2 modes?
Mech. - say, mode A (initial) and mode B where mode A will have chaos to turn into B and vice versa)
this could become somewhat interesting as different modes could have different possibilities in themselves

Whoareyou said:
The normal Panda [one right now] should get cleave click?
I originally planned so, but then again, maybe some clicks upgrade I have might be used for hero's ability instead, so yah
Mech. - First of all, I've gotta decide whether to have cleaving over-ride the main target's evasion or not (ie. not cleave if miss on main target), this is easy as the damaging trigger I have right now is already ready for that, new click abilities can be simply added with their own (IF THEN ELSE)

- Then I have to consider whether or not the minor target (NOT the main target, but target around the main within cleaving AoE) will have their evasion considered (ie. if cleave, then check evasion on each minor targets)

- From the above point, consider NOT taking into account the minor target's evasion >>> simply damage all unit within range

- From that point again, consider taking into account the minor target's evasion >>> trigger player to select all unit within range (thereby triggering the damaging trigger which will go through all the player's click ups and each of the minor target's evasion) This raises issue with cleaving being too imba since if this is the case, then all minor target will be treated as if they are the main target (getting shadow click, chance to cri, stun, etc.)

- One possibility might be to have normal Cleave Click check minor target's evasion while SPECIALIZED Cleave Click only check the main's

Whoareyou said:
AoE spin that the panda spins in a circle every 40 clicks
Not really sure what you intended the effect of spinning to be there =3=, but the idea of having something triggers every N number of clicks is quite interesting (kinda like Dota's Storm Spirit's old Overload?)
Mech. - integer array for clicker every click while checking if variable = N, if so, set variable = 0 and do effects, if not, add 1

Whoareyou said:
1% Insta-kills?
Actually thought about that myself :p, reminds me of Fluke Master in my old map (Forsaken would know this guy :D),
anyhow, 1% would be imba as the attack rate in this game is much higher than normal game where hero do normal attacks, need some balancing work here
Another issue with this fluke click is the allocation, I don't think it should be in Click Ups as it will be as if you spent gold on upgrading something that triggers so rarely (then again, it might prove useful in late-game especially with a tank as a target)

Whoareyou said:
Clicks and Chain Lightning
If this were to be included, then the chain must start at the main target as to not reveal the location of the clicker
Mech. - dummy at target point

Forsaken said:
Enemy Indicator (suggested outside of TH forum)
Arrow floating around the target that points to the clicker
Thought about putting it as a General Up, but there's too many levels and there's not much to upgrade unless I make it so that there's an uncertainty in the angle it points to the clicker and more levels means more accuracy?
Maybe a new game mode itself (Indicator On/ off)
Mech. - Unit (triangular model) with locust moving periodically to point with polar offset from target? with angle equal to angle from target to clicker
- Issue with more than one clicker >>> more than one indicator?

======================================================================

Things that have high chance of implementation (Excluding the above although most of them also belong to this list)
Vector Movement Idealizing and Testing stage
Justification
- Getting full command card (disabling the default movement system and use hidden Channel to get target point of right click)
- Prepare for unique abilities that effect target's movement (eg. modifying the angle component)
- Walk animation speed proportional to the magnitude (unit's movement speed)
- Disabling Patrol and setting movement queues (making moving AND clicking more challenging)

NOT Arrow key movement
Justification
- Doing so would mean moving AND clicking can be done easily which kinda destroys the component of skill required to move the unit and click the enemy (the use of mspd up)

New Values Idealizing stage
- Multiplying every values by 5 (for example) allowing more delicate modifications
- Introducing new damage bounce where click damage is a range of main damage plus/minus damage bounce
- Since main damage = agility which is displayed at the armor UI, then damage bounce could be the hero's strength (bring it back and still hide agility and intelligence)
- Mech. - random integer between (agi+str) and (agi-str)

Hero Level Testing stage
Justification
- Sense of progression apart from upgrades
- Negative strength gain ? The lesser the bounce, the more precise the damage, but greater bounce means the possibility of getting higher damage at times. Statistically, strength gain wouldn't matter unless it's relatively large compared to target's Hp
- Exp gain only from each individual click?

Multiboard Idealizing stage
- One for each player (OR for each team)
- Display Life and mana (value), Current upgrade levels, gold etc.

Next Update
Is currently progressing really slowly due to work load stacking from procrastination

whew, that was alot =3=,
I just felt weird if I were to just post (and therefore bump) with a few comments and no actual update on the map, so ended up with a lengthy one :p

but thanks for all the comments, guys :thup::thup:

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
This is very creative, like the idea.
Is this map still being continued? Going to work on it further?
If not, I apologize for necro'ing a thread a year old. But see'ing as it is still a project and I am interested on its progress, I can think of no better a place to comment.

Also, I love the sound of "Critical Click", lol.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
0.o, I am really surprised I see this thread popping up in the member's project first page, I thank you for your interest, Inflicted :)

The development of this project have indeed been very stagnant =[, but I started learning jass at the beginning of this year and I hope I can get some progress during the coming summer holiday :thup:

anyway, I have been talking to my close friend about this map from time to time and I've decided that if I were to come back to this map, I would make a complete revamp, introducing heroes and everything:

In particular, we have a plan for 2 classes of click: the traditional instant-damage click, and a new, projectile-based AoE-damage click, although I don't really know how to achieve this neatly yet as trackables mess up the movement and forcing UI key for attack ground is really clumsy

and then there would be a new method of spell-channeling where you need to click yourself to make the bar progress OR having a fixed countdown bar instead and then the spell effect would be dependent on the number of clicks you made before the bar expires

in short, there's quite a lot to do, but these 2 major changes will surely take this map another step up, so I'll try to put some time into the map from now on, thanks again, for the motivation :]

+Rep Clicked :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.