The Riddle Thread

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Anman.. Here's my idea

The key pun is that its a "Fair" amount of money.. As in its a taxi fair (clever.. lol).. anyway in which case he payed his fair amount to his driver and got off at his hotel with nothing

duyen

Reaction score
Anman.. Here's my idea

The key pun is that its a "Fair" amount of money.. As in its a taxi fair (clever.. lol).. anyway in which case he payed his fair amount to his driver and got off at his hotel with nothing

Wrong.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
"Where do vanished objects go?"
Into non-being, which is to say, everything.

Thats an exact quote, question and answer from the seventh book of Harry Potter.. Mcgonagoll (can't spell) answers with that answer to that question asked by the door to get into the Ravenclaw common room.

I know that riddle was just for fun (though it was more just an opinion, not a riddle) but please don't try to pass other people's work off as your own.

Seb!

Reaction score
The problem with your riddle is that there are trillions of ways he could have ran out of money.

He could have thrown it out a window, spent it on cookies, got scammed, burned it, mailed it, eaten it, lost it in Texas Hold 'Em, or many more.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Monsterous' Submission

Look into me, you only see one.
Put another in front of me, you see infinite.

What am i?

ANSWER:
A Mirror. When you look into it you meresly see a reflection (only one.) When you put a Mirror infront of a mirror, you see many (Infinite if they were exactly facing eachother, it would go on and on forever).

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Halfway; the poor one is her brother; the match.

All good riddles with a single good (albeit simple) answer. I enjoy riddles that use common sense to discover the solution, so hats off.

Alrighty then smart boy.
I made a new one (just now, so its quite sucky, no time to think :p)
This one requires less common sense, so should be a bit more harder for u to figure out.

Who are we?
One to show love.
One to show hate.
One to take.
One to indicate.
Many of us, though many uses. Thats why u would not want to miss 1.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Again that was not a riddle. That was a question that could have many answers...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
are you like.. emoticons?

I've never seen someone steal a cookie with a emoticon....
Its a easy riddle (yeah, riddle, it doesnt have 2000 bloody answers).
You should be able to solve it.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Haven't figured any of the other riddles out, yet. I can't wait until people start posting some really good ones, that'll be fun. I might actually join this, if I can come up with a riddle.

duyen

Reaction score
Here's a riddle for fun:

(I did not make this)

You are in a room, which has 2 doors out of it, Door 1 (D1) and Door 2 (D2). There are two guards in front of each door, Guard 1 (G1) and Guard 2 (G2).
One door leads to death, the other leads out to freedom. One of the guards ALWAYS lies and the other ALWAYS tells the truth. They have agreed to answer 1 question and 1 question only. You can not ask G1 one question then G2 another... What question could you ask to make sure you got out on the open door?

Seb!

Reaction score
What would the other guard say if I asked, "Is this the door that leads to life?"

Seb!

Reaction score
There are
Once Again
Trillions of Questions to ask.

"What is my first name?"

-Liar will say something false.. Go to the other door

"What's my favorite color?"

"What's the secret of life?"

-The truther has an incredibly useful ability to tell the truth, and will tell you

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
There are
Once Again
Trillions of Questions to ask.

"What is my first name?"

"What's my favorite color?"

"What's the secret of life?"

-The truther has an incredibly useful ability to tell the truth, and will tell you

All wrong. Neither guard knows you, meaning they can simply guess colors or just say they don't know. You're also assuming they realize the secret of life, which is a big assumption. Also, you never know what the secret of life is for sure if one of them is lying. YOU know the secret of life and YOU get to judge who's lying?

That's a laugh. None of us really know it because it's perception. The question solves nothing.

This riddle is old. It just be fairly simple.

Seb!

Reaction score
But what I'm saying is that, one of the guards always tells the truth.. Meaning that he can't say a lie. He has to answer the question and say the truth, so I'm inferring that what he says has to be correct, and is always so. The riddle doesn't mention which facts the guard does or doesn't know.. The secret of life question was a joke. Albeit an unfunny one. :)

Wait.. My first question was right though I think.

"Ask what the other guard would say if you asked, 'Which is the right door.' "

The liar would lie and say that the truth teller would say the wrong door.
The truth teller would tell the truth that the liar would say the wrong door.

They both said the wrong door.. Meaning it's the other one.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think we can all use common sense and realize that a complete stranger cannot say the truth he or she doesn't know.

If I ask you right now what my real name is and you say ANYTHING other than what it really is, are you lying? No. You're either guessing or saying you don't know because you don't.

Let's not look for ridiculous loop-holes because we're too immature to realize that we made a mistake in what we said :)

And no; The two doors would have the same result. One saying it's the other door, one saying it's their door. You don't know who's right.

There are TWO guards PER door, according to the riddle.

Door 1 Guard 1, Door 1 Guard 2, Door 2 Guard 1, Door 2 Guard 2.

Which door is the right door?

Door 1:
Guard 1: This door.
Guard 2: That door.

Door 2:
Guard 1: That door.
Guard 2: This door.

Pick a door.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.