The Riddle Thread

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What is the capital of New York?

-Liar says wrong.. truth teller says Albany

Who is the president of the United States?

-Same thing

See what I mean though? Yes its a stupid loophole.. But what I'm trying to say is that in the original riddle, the guards couldn't speak they could just point.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Again, you're assuming the Guards know anything OTHER than "This door is right, that door is wrong".

Don't you know what they say about assuming?

Don't ASS U ME. You'll make an ASS out of U and ME :)

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
haha fine I see your point..

But, do you know what the answer is? :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, no. However, I have seen riddles like this before and I know there is an answer, I just can't think of it right now.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
man thats hard.

im not boasting, but I really did have, I think, a possible solution, and then i forgot it...

Pair of Guards One: If I randomly choose a door, will I choose the right one?

Pair of Guards Two: If I randomly choose a door, will I choose the right one?

And then, I will be totally sure that I will choose the right one and go through one.

lol j/k, this one is hard, hoping for an answer!

im still thinking of a good riddle for the contest.

THESE ARE FOR FUN! IM STILL THINKING!
This is not part of the riddle (not joking), and i have NO idea how to solve this.
The riddle:
TRY TO FIND THE ERROR
DDD
EEE
FFF
GGG
HHH
III
JJJ
KKK
LLL
MMM
NNN
OOO
PPP
QQQ
RRR
SSS
TTT
UUU
VVV
XXX
YYY
ZZZ
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Riddle Number 2: This one is hilarious
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champane bubble.
If you sqeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
MY SUBMISSION TO THE CONTEST:
Everything in here under the line will be part of the complete riddle, so pay close attention (and no, it won't be something stupid like one word you miss and you can't figure it out. It will be something important)
You are a treasure hunter seeking an underground castle of treasures beyond speaking. The castle is rumored to belong to the great king Thewrongvine, hundreds of years ago. As you walk down the path, a large statue of a knight suddenly drops down in front of you and says, "If you wish to pass, you must solve these riddles that lead to the final riddle".

A large river suddenly opens between you. The statue gives you the riddle.

Riddle Part One: There are 3 statues: a wolf, a sheep, and cabbage. There is a floating boat at your side. You must get all 3 of the statues across the river. You can only bring one at a time on the floating boat. If you leave the wolf with the sheep (while you are on the other side), the wolf will eat the sheep. If you leave the sheep with the cabbage (while you are on the other side), the sheep will eat the cabbage. You can return the statues back anytime. The last statue you bring is the answer to the first part. Remember it for the final part.

You get the answers and the statue teleports you across the river and it falls down into the earth. Then, the same statue comes out from the ground.

The ground around you breaks down and you are suddenly standing on a tower of crumbling rocks. Beneath you is burning lava. The knight statue says, "You have a time before the tower will crumble and you will die. In that time, solve this riddle I give you. You have until the tower falls."

Riddle Part Two:You are walking home when a bully who is a boxer says he is going to beat you up. He also says that he can do it without touching you with any of his body parts of belongings. He is going to __?__ you.

Amazingly, you figure out the riddle in time, a bridge appears, and you walk across back to land. Suddenly, a shroud of fog appears and you cannot see anything. A light glows, and you see the knight statue floating high in the air.

Riddle Part Three: What is the number? *Hint: The Butt
384940615, 03853815, 7491045, 286935, _

With your brainiac skills, you figure out the number, and the mist clears! You see the knight statue in the middle of a large basin. Suddenly, it transforms into a castle... the castle of King Thewrongvine. You run towards it, but a force field surrounds it. A voice, the same one as the statue, calls out to you, "To enter, you must solve this final riddle."

Final Riddle: What time did King Thewrongvine die?
Clues: _Riddle Part One_ + _Riddle Part Two_ + _ = _Look in the story for something important_ = ?
*Hint: Letters...Numbers...Simplicity...
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THERE, THAT IS MY SUBMISSION.
One way you look at it, it is a genius riddle.
The other way - its a sad, retarded riddle that someone randomly made up.
Good Luck. So do I sumbit the answer on the day of judging? Good night peoples. I'm looking foward to seeing peoples' answers.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
yes, it is...
My brother used to tell it to me a lot of times, and when I finally figured it out, it was stuck in my head...

Maybe other people know it too, because that riddle, can just be changing the 3 different things.

I wonder if anyone can solve that lol.

Seb, are you in the contest? Did you submit one yet?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Are we supposed to solve it? I solved the first one :D

Take the Sheep across (Since wolf can't eat cabbage) Then go back for the wolf, and drop off the wolf, and take the sheep back with the cabbage. Take the cabbage with wolf, and finally go back for sheep.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Are we supposed to solve it? I solved the first one :D

Take the Sheep across (Since wolf can't eat cabbage) Then go back for the wolf, and drop off the wolf, and take the sheep back with the cabbage. Take the cabbage with wolf, and finally go back for sheep.

nice, you got the first part.
heres hint:
now, solve the second part.
solve the 3rd.
add them together
to get the last one.
heres a MEGA hint
In the end, not everything will be needed. For example, if answer to part one is CAT, answer to part two is DOG, the final answer might not have anything to do with CATs or DOGs. If you read this, you should have better luck!

DM Cross

Reaction score
This "contest" is turning into spam. It will be closed if it continues along this route.

duyen

Reaction score
Both guards know where each door leads.

and Seth Cross, there is a probable answer to my riddle, not guess, I PM-ed you it in case you don't believe me, open on your own risk.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Anman, could you also PM me... what you Pmed Seth Cross... I can't figure that one out.

And to SethCross, i know it is like spam now, but Hortononn hasnt been on lately and done anything for the contest...

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
This "contest" is turning into spam. It will be closed if it continues along this route.

Why would you close something that people are obviously enjoying, even if it's "turning into a spam." This thread has five pages worth of posts, full of riddles (even if some aren't that great) for people to read and try to figure out. Even if, for one reason or another, the contest didn't work out, it could change to a simple 'Riddles' thread, where people can post good riddles that they've heard, or try to solve a couple of them on their own. Closing it seems like an exploitation of power if that's the only reason you'd be doing it.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
yea, got the PM.
Thanks for the answer, it was really bugging me lol.

Did anyone solve my riddle? :)

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
the contest will be fine, it is the first, so its a little hectic but itll be fine, and everyones having fun with it anyway..

k, heres a riddle:

An ordinary man wearing no gear or protection whatsoever jumped out of a fifty-story tall building, hit the street and nothing else on his fall, and survived. How is this possible?

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
god why can i think of something

just wait till the contest is over and have one. thats always the truth.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Both guards know where each door leads.

and Seth Cross, there is a probable answer to my riddle, not guess, I PM-ed you it in case you don't believe me, open on your own risk.

There isn't a "probable" answer, there is an answer. What you PMed me is what I believe the answer was to the similar riddle I've read.

Why would you close something that people are obviously enjoying, even if it's "turning into a spam." This thread has five pages worth of posts, full of riddles (even if some aren't that great) for people to read and try to figure out. Even if, for one reason or another, the contest didn't work out, it could change to a simple 'Riddles' thread, where people can post good riddles that they've heard, or try to solve a couple of them on their own. Closing it seems like an exploitation of power if that's the only reason you'd be doing it.

People used to enjoy "forum games" and we now close and do not allow them because they are spam. Spam is bad and we don't typically allow it. Plus I saw some negative comments about people's riddles. Those are reasons to close it.

You have been -repped for your accusation that is over the line.

the contest will be fine, it is the first, so its a little hectic but itll be fine, and everyones having fun with it anyway..

Again. See the example of what happened to forum games.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Here's a riddle for fun:

(I did not make this)

You are in a room, which has 2 doors out of it, Door 1 (D1) and Door 2 (D2). There are two guards in front of each door, Guard 1 (G1) and Guard 2 (G2).
One door leads to death, the other leads out to freedom. One of the guards ALWAYS lies and the other ALWAYS tells the truth. They have agreed to answer 1 question and 1 question only. You can not ask G1 one question then G2 another... What question could you ask to make sure you got out on the open door?
http://xkcd.com/246/ :p

Anyway, as somewhat of a hint...don't assume that the guard which tells the truth is guarding the freedom door while the liar is guarding the death door. That doesn't have to be the case, the solution works regardless of the guard-door setup to be more precise.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.