The Scientology thread - the OG!

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This may seem slightly unneeded.. but may I ask why you guys hate scientology so much?

duyen

Reaction score
It's funzy! Lawl you gotta pay monthly membership to get in.

And I like to see the money cult go down!

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
This may seem slightly unneeded.. but may I ask why you guys hate scientology so much?

the reason i hate it so much is because it represents everything i hated about the first Churches in europe. you pay $300,000 + fees to achieve a level of worship (or whatever) and the God is an alien overlord. not to mention the religion is based on a fictional book buy a Science fiction Author

after writing this post i realized something thou...

it's not much different the Christianity (or earlier forms of it at least).

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
^

Yes and that is the reason why I think the whole scandal is ironic.. On your way to a scientology protest you go in and donate to the Church.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Scientology is a straight out scam. The only difference is they don't rape little kids (yet).

Also, other churches (Christian for example) have leaders that truly believe there's a god, and do it out of heart, no for money. But those are rare.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
not to mention the religion is based on a fictional book buy a Science fiction Author

Scientology was actually plagiarized, if you read one of the previous articles (about a week ago). This just makes it a bigger scam.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out the video of the Atlanta Police being totally corrupted. This kind of abuse of power makes me sick. Reports are that the police ticketed motorists who honked in support and made anonymous protestors take off there masks. Atlanta police you have been documented HERE!

Last edited:

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
You know, protesting would be so much more effective if the people protesting weren't such a joke... They look like a bunch of college geeks at a comic book convention. :eek:

Love the idea of anon, and i think the youtube videos are very well thought out though.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Anon is more than just what you see in the Protests. Those are just the ones who are activists and willing to get out and do something. The majority of Anon does not even go to protests, they do it all on the net.

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Anon is more than just what you see in the Protests. Those are just the ones who are activists and willing to get out and do something. The majority of Anon does not even go to protests, they do it all on the net.

I know, i've been keeping a close eye on the activities of anon. But these people protesting seem to be doing more harm then good.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I know, i've been keeping a close eye on the activities of anon. But these people protesting seem to be doing more harm then good.

I would disagree. The fact that there has been no violence and that people showed is a huge win. What is it the protestors are doing that in your opinion is doing harm? Besides they look like geeks - because they are geeks - but they are smart people and frankly if a bunch of geeks were pissed off at me I would be frickin scared who knows what they will think of with all that brain and people willing to execute crazy plans.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I wonder if Scientology payed to have them arrested...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if Scientology payed to have them arrested...

Doubtful. They probably were just executing some information gathering. Wrong as it might be the police feel they need to have inside information and obviously they were getting help from Scientology in identifying the people in Anon that they wanted to talk to. They were just using some of the tactics that have been brought back from Iraq. Some of the police were real cool, check out this clip.

Its not all police - just the ones where there is corruption in the high ranks - like ATLANTA!

Thats OK though - the Atlanta police showed there cards early in this. It is real good to know ahead of time where your bad apples are.

Last edited:

WastedSavior

Reaction score
I would disagree. The fact that there has been no violence and that people showed is a huge win. What is it the protestors are doing that in your opinion is doing harm?

Personally i feel that they are provoking hostility towards the organization. Sooner or later an over-zealous protester is going to cross the line and give reason for the police to take legal action against anon. (Im sure because of the protest and the fear that a protest could turn violent, the church of Scientology is looking for a reason to fight back against anon)

As well, they are giving anon the face of adolescents (not necessarily a bad thing). In my experience and from what I've seen protesters are often there simply to be a part of something. They'll sign petitions without knowing or caring what its for, Penn and Teller went around a protest and had people sign a petition to ban the use of water.

I could be wrong, In fact i'd prefer to be wrong. But i just can't imagine these small protests are doing more good then harm. They are getting themselves arrested, they are getting people fined for honking their horns, they aren't getting very much attention from the media. Maybe i don't understand the motives behind the protest, but i can't imagine this is a tip of the scales in the movement against Scientology.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
on the issue of whether or not they're helping, I agree with TH

Geeks = Technologically inclined intellectuals
and the technologically inclined are a force to be reckoned with in this day and age.

So what scientology has is some of the greatest lay-thinkers in the world, who know HOW to mess them up, uniting and doing all they can in order to do so

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it is good for them to see the adolescent face of Anon on the front lines and for the Adolescent face to get a look first hand at what can happen. These are our future activists people.

I mean these kids that are taking to the street are those protestors of the future. Anonymous really did not need a Worldwide protest in this day and age. They could have protested one place with enough media coverage and if they had a PR staff they could have probably forced Scientology or the cops into some move that would have been an epic PR win. The fact they have Worldwide support opens the field for both sides to pick and choose there PR spots.

In this case, the big PR spot is Atlanta where the police let the Videos get released and failed to realize the technology and how many people were actually tuned into this event. This is a sign of an aged corrupt system that has not been challenged. Atlanta is ripe for change and I hope Anonymous presses there protests there, they should do them daily. Just to see how far Atlanta and the world will let a corrupt police go because if I know the old timers out there - they slipping up and Atlanta corrupt guys get ready - you are being documented.

I would put any Anon youth against any Scientology or brainwashed government youth any day.

WastedSavior

Reaction score

The media plays such a huge roll in how the world views things. Scientology has a slight advantage on anonymous when it comes to PR. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.