The Terrain Thread

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
However, there really isn't a "golden rock".
But.. I guess you're right :p
I won't fix it now anyway.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
You know what you should do next? Open the import editor and delete that green fern model. >:|

and replace it with bushes imo.

@Darthfett
Lol, i always love fishes! the branch seemed to be broken in a 5 minutes time tough...

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score

Attachments

• Lair Overview.jpg
    Lair Overview.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 369
  • Dragon Lair.jpg
    Dragon Lair.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 342
  • Lair nomnom.jpg
    Lair nomnom.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 329

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow another amazing piece from you 2-P. If that is walkable that would be sweet.

2-P

Reaction score
Making it walkable is easy, the platform is more or less flat. But playable maps... ewwwww. :p

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I have sort of a request, I just want to see what you guys can do, or if it's been done, but like a Diablo 3 Cathedral type thing? Red windows, dark feeling, but not too magical, like old type, same time the size should be like great and monstrous. That would be magnificent/:D

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Here's a waterfall I made over vacation...
I know the water's shallow but I don't give a fuck, it looked like shit when I made it deep.. :banghead:
It was with a bloody touch pad on mother fucking dialup... D:

20zpjk0.jpg

A

Areana

Hi, I'm new to this terrain thing and this is a simple terrain map 32x32 I did with the basic package in Warcraft Editor

Tryingout.jpg

Tryingout2.jpg

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
It's pretty good. That's what my terrains looked like when I first started :p

Anyways, you might want to add a bit of fog, and try not to show the end of the map or that nasty dark stuff at the edge.

@2-P, awegrwuevrbahsjbfdsenm4wvruywgt... the rocks look like crap. And the lava is not exactly... lava-like. Lava is usually black and red with little bits of orange, trust me, I have seen it in real life :p So I don't know if there's even anything to make it look like that, but have a look around! I will too lol, I am curious about that. Also, I think maybe you should put a giant pillar or something under the platform. I don't think chains could hold up a platform that big hanging in midair without breaking off those flimsy little rocks they are attached to!

ShinyPickle

Reaction score
My WT entry, theme is Lair.

The Dragon

I love how you make those "chains". I've seen them in a few of your screenshots and I was wondering if there's any specific way you do them. I know about the ctrl+PageUp/Down thing, but if there's not in the right position after I do it and I try to move them they go back to default height and I have to start over again. :( Do you do it a quicker way or jusr trial and error?

black.sheep

Reaction score
Uncheck Reset Doodads hight or somthing under Advanced.
Now its my question, how do you rotate doodads like that? It would help me alot.

2-P

Reaction score
Art - Pitch/Roll in the object editor. Negative values.

>"It was with a bloody touch pad on mother fucking dialup... D:"

You made that with a touch pad?! FREAK! XD

>"the rocks look like crap. "

I like them. Only rocks is kinda boring and plain... it's lacking something, but I still like the rocks. =(

>"And the lava is not exactly... lava-like"

Yeah I guess. Since I also don't know how to make "real" lava in WC, it was never really my intenion to make lava. I just thought it looked pretty kewl so I went with it.

And don't you start talking about physics, no one gives a damn. xD Chains are hax and columns boring.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.