The Turtle Experiment

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Type: Highly Experimental Shooter <For Warcraft III at least> Overhead shooter

Story: A group of turtles in a lab have undergone a malicious experiment. The once innocent turtles have been transformed into rampaging war machines! The turtles are driven mad by the experiments conducted on them and assaulted one of the scientists responsible. Arthur was his name, he is now a victim of the victims. We found his body impaled on top of one of the turtle's shells, apparently that is but one of the many unintended side effects of the experiment. The turtles where caged in their experimental cages, but something was different, they where not surrounded by the darkness of the experimental room, but rather surrounded by lakes of fire. This is the dungeon, the dungeon where failed experiments pit against each other. In the dungeon each combatant is assigned a team, red or blue, there they must duke it out and defeat each other, the prize is their freedom.

Tileset: A red dungeon filled with edible mushrooms.... but i don't suggest you eat one... that is if i allow you to eat one *cough* THEIR MINE I TELL YOU!! (The mushrooms, as giant as they are, are now preserved for Psiblade's consumption)

Systems included:
Smart attack system - Right click to fire your weapons, the distance clicked will affect what weapon is fired
WASD Movement system - This map uses WASD to move your hero
Shell system - Every turtle has a thick shell. Every attack thats dealt to the turtle will be absorbed somewhat by the shell, but in return the shell will be damaged. Every point taken off the shell will lower the shell's ability to absorb further damage. A side effect of the experiments is a extremely hard shell and the ability to regrow the shell. The shell ignores a large portion of the damage dealt to it, the ratio is 10 damage for 1 shell point.

Weapon types

Instant - Instantly blows the target area up, if you clicked the ground then no damage is dealt, but you click on a target then you will deal a small amount of damage. These weapons are generally made for rapid fire purposes because of their low heat generation.

Missiles - Fires a missile in the direction you clicked, it will travel until it reaches it's range limit or if it hits something

Siege - Lobs a projectile into the air, upon impact it will deal damage around the impact zone. If it hits squarely on it's target then it will deal massive amounts of damage on target's core. These weapons are hard to aim and ignore the target's shell.

Stats: Different attack types receive different bonuses from your Attack stat (str)
pic007wy0.png

alright, I'm not gonna fill the rest with boring text so.... SCREEN SHOTS!!!!

Woo missiles! <actually the weapon is called barrage, it is the starting siege type weapon>
pic002ss7.png

Bob appears!
pic005nu8.png

Note: Because of the huge changes made to orbiting battle, I've decided on making a clean thread for this project, hell I'm making it an entirely new project altogether

Version 1 to release with first 3 weapons to experience the 3 weapon types, the date it will be released is after i have finished clearing the map of unneeded pathing blockers to prevent the map from being too cramped. But, for now i shall take some time celebrating the fact that i finally conquered the crappy collision in this map <Woo it actually detects now XD>

Many Thanks to
banana.HUNTR (GeertPingen) for the terrain
unwirklich for the Demon UI used in this map which fits perfectly

Bug List from demo version onward:
- missiles do not damage bases <damage detection on turtles have not been confirmed yet>

Multiplayer demo released, IT IS A PROTECTED MAP

Attachments

• TurtleExpMultiDEMO.w3x
    792.9 KB · Views: 172

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
awesome

Gahh.... polishing is takeing forever, the terrainer used so many doodads @.@ <plans to atleast finish polishing the pathing of the map before release>

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, count me in... as a fan! Ahaha! Did I get you?

Anyway, these mini-type game arenas and stuff are always fun; i'll be waiting for this!

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Multiplayer demo released

PS some functions are new and can only be tested in multiplyer<or itll just take forever in singleplayer to test>, if there are any bugs tell me

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i suck as a terrainer, geert posted a terrain map title "dungen map". I asked if i can use it and he said yes, so i dled that map and imported all my object and trigger data over, then i redid the pathing for that map and this map was produced.

Current bugs found: missiles do not damage bases <damage detection on turtles have not been confirmed yet>

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
wew, pretty funny game but it is rather annoying to keep pressing w if you want your turtle to move. Why can't i hold the key? (any idea for this?)

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Yeah i played it and it's fun t do but what Rai_noWyrm says, its very annoying to keep pressing forward..

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
The whole moving system was REALLY awkward IMO, but it was fun anyways.. :) GJ, keep improving it.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hmmm, if any of you know a method of changeing it so you can hold the WASD keys, then i can improve it

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
or maybe this will work... when you activate the ability w, you keep moving forward until oyu press w again or press other keys such as asd.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
then i might as well destroy the slow down functions for the map <meaning that you push W to accelerate, but you will not slow down unless you catch fire <this would not be hard to impliment>>

if i where to do it that way, would you guys want the slowdown to still apply for when the turtle is in reverse?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
actualy, since this kinda made a new more effecent hit detection system, im thinking of going back to bullet hell and rebuilding that with this new system.. mostly cuz im out of ideas on how to make the new weapons lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.