The Ultimate Showdown

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
When I say spellcasting units, I mean units with mana.

And Linkoln, those are good, but my map is primarily Cityscape, there won't be much (if any) real sea. So, no good there. Thanks for trying.

And for your penultimate, "The Princess' Kiss," I usually want my abilities to strive for (If character = real person) things he did/made in life, or (If character = fictional), trademark things he does.

For example, Mario = Star. Mario = Mushroom. Mario = Sewer Pipe. Mario =/= pimp.

And, because I was bored, I spent over 15 minutes trying to get this one screenshot, then it turned out bad T_T. So apologize for the suckishness, but it's all I have currently. The rock is supposed to be a meteor, but the model sucks, it doesn't show wind resistance. The unit on the screen is the "Dungeon Master" unit, which is a supportive spellcaster, though expensive.

EDIT: Just realized, I might need someone to help with triggers, new position open, "Trigger Master."

Attachments

• The Ultimate Showdown Dungeon Master.jpg
    The Ultimate Showdown Dungeon Master.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 248

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Well, I guess I will give a shot at triggering spells. I've had a bit of experience in that field. And here are a few ability ideas for these, since you need so many.

-Benito Mussilini
Hoo boy, Italian Class ftw. Next year World History would help that too. I could use a few Italian phrases.
~Il duce! (Means "The leader", Mussilini's followers would call him that. Probably would be some kind of brainwashing spell, like Charm)
~Communism
Mussilini believes in communism, and enforces these beliefs on his allies/enemies.
Unfortunately, I forgot what communism is, anyone help here? I just remember Mussilini was a communist.

HISTORY NERDAGE!

Technically Mussolini was a fascist, with more in common with Hitler than Stalin. (Hence the alliance.) Same thing in practice, but fascists and commies hated each other with an unholy passion. Mussolini was particularly fond of loud, gesticulating, hilarious-in-retrospect speeches that were supposed to psyche the Italians up for whatever ridiculous scheme he had in mind this week. Problem was it didn't really work on anyone who wasn't already on his side -- maybe some kind of aura instead of a "Charm" spell?

The Italian army during the World Wars was known mostly for losing gloriously: fighting tenaciously, despite poor equipment, incompetent officers, and enemies who usually outnumbered them. You could go for some kind of "Death or Glory" aura or spell, that increases attack speed while lowering defense or hit points.

Mussolini's fanboys-turned-secret-police were known as "blackshirts". Maybe Mussolini could have a damage-over-time spell, where the animation is a little Gestapo-type clubbing the target over the head with a police baton. Finally, when the Americans came in and stuck him in prison, Nazi paratroopers swooped in from the skies and rescued him (though Italian rebels just caught him again and executed him): maybe he has some kind of "Blink" type ability to get out of trouble in a hurry?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
K the Global rain of fire is done....i just have to fix the bug where it doesn't show the rocks falling from the sky...........

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Ok, people's opinion time:

For the main map, in the "Deathmatch" mode, should the characters be placed in random locations once they choose their hero, and after a minute, the deathmatch starts, or should they start in a different sanctums? Currently, there are two sanctums for each of the teams, which will be filled with neutral creeps in regular Deathmatch mode.

There are also two smaller bases in the middle of the map, which will house the item areas.

If each player has a certain sanctum, what should they be when the game mode is Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag?

Second request:

I need:
Spell Ideas for Aaron Carter and Optimus Prime. Aaron Carter should have abilities based on his different songs that he wrote, Optimus Prime, I don't watch Transformers, so you guys will need to help me here.

I also need:
Item Ideas! They must be related to pop culture somehow.

Unit Ideas! See above.

EDIT:
BANANAMAN, the Batgrenade Ability is good, but I wanted Batgrenades to be no target, with a chance to blind, stun, or burn.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
K i did say it was a base ability. im trying to make it where it blinds/stuns people....

K transformers...........................................................

Optimus prime as i recall can transform from truck to robot (and vise versa)

I think his ultimate is where he rams enemies in a line dealing damage.
this ultimate will last as long as there are many enemies in a area of 500.

Hammer fist
Fires 2 fists that deals X damage in a line while enroute to its target
Deals X damage on a targeted unit and stunning it for X seconds

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Soz for double post stupid internet acted up

Items: Boom box,Bling bling,Rap sheet
(the first two combines to create the third)

I'll enumerate on there abilities if u want

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
On second thought How bout i do the items instead?
(Bat grenades is hard to make according to ur specifications)im sure i can come up with a lot of stuff :D

Although the recipe system will be up to u if u choose to implement it.
:rolleyes:

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Recipes = No, but you can do set items and all the items as well.

Lord_Pheonix, read the list of charaters before posting.

Jigs4w

Reaction score
ooo ooo oo! i can do triggers!
but i cant do jass lol
CHUCK NORRIS MUST BE IN THIS MAP LOL
you could make like CHUCK NORRIS'S SON YEAAAAAA lol:nuts:

pheonixashes

Reaction score
read the list of charaters before posting.

Read the entire post before posting.

That goes to everyone.

Anyone else who talks about Chuck Norris being a character will recieve -rep.

On another note, nobody cares about the location placement?

Ok, people's opinion time:

For the main map, in the "Deathmatch" mode, should the characters be placed in random locations once they choose their hero, and after a minute, the deathmatch starts, or should they start in a different sanctums? Currently, there are two sanctums for each of the teams, which will be filled with neutral creeps in regular Deathmatch mode.

There are also two smaller bases in the middle of the map, which will house the item areas.

If each player has a certain sanctum, what should they be when the game mode is Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag?

WindexGlow

Reaction score
Anyone else who talks about Chuck Norris being a character will recieve -rep.

So you're going to -rep us for having our own opinions on a map that's about a flash video&song with Chuck Norris in it? Why not have him as a computer-controlled hero, or a random only hero?

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I'm not -repping you for talking about Chuck Norris, I'm -repping you about being ignorant. It plainly says on the post,

-Chuck Norris as a boss

And that's final. Boss can vary, therefore, I won't -rep if you actually have some suggestions for the boss, not just "OMGZ ADD CHUCK NORRIS!"

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Item Ideas! They must be related to pop culture somehow.

-Homer's Electric Hammer
Homer Simpson invented an electric hammer that ends up destroying stuff. Its technology refined, it is now controllable, granting +6 strength and agility and Power Mode, granting a 100% chance to deal 1.5% damage for 10 seconds.

-Easter Eggs
The easter bunny left a few eggs for the bad kids. Use the egg on a target to toss one at it, reducing vision by 150 for 5 seconds and dealing 50 damage. Contains 3 charges.

-Jellyfishing Net
Spongebob's Jellyfishing net. Very flexible, yet almost impossible to escape from. Gives -2 intelligence, but +10 damage and allows you to drag a target with you for 3.5 seconds, dealing 15% of distance moved in damage.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Good Ideas Cheddar, those can work. I'm thinking of using the Jellyfish net, your "hindering" attribute thing seems to help, I might include that. +rep.

First Post Edit:
Added benefits section, explaining what you get if you contribute to the map.

All people who help MAKE (as in Triggers, Object Editor, etc) the map will recieve a hero or unit request in the map, in a secret tavern.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What other abilities do you need for succession or triggering problems based not only on spells but on gameplay as well?

PS: I stopped playing WoW for now...

WindexGlow

Reaction score
Book of word dissociation
Knife of Fighting
Cup of tea with an evil shadow
Dead Sea Monkey

+rep to people who know where I got those ideas from (has to do with songs/band)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here's an INSTANT casting random targeting Bat Grenade..

I haven't seen SPAMMER101 (or BANANAMAN o_O) [I maybe wrong about that] submit an instant cast of bat grenade so here you go..

@WindexGlow --> That's Lemon Demon that is also the makers of Ultimate Showdown

Attachments

• Trigger Set.w3x
    42.1 KB · Views: 201

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Well, BANANAMAN hasn't posted in a while, so here are some of the (some of many) spells I need:

For the mercenary spellcaster (Dungeon Master):

-Global Rain of Fire, entitled Meteor Shower.
-Global Healing Spray, entitled Rain of Life.
-Single Target Divine Shield (I think I know where to get it.)
-Anti-Magic Shell (Already made)
-Second Chance (Already made) (Credits to Tinki3)

For the heroes:

Shaq:

.,;:Innate:;,. :

//Pass\\: Shaq passes his basket ball to the target unit, hitting him for 100 damage if the target is turned around. If it is not, then Shaq loses 15 damage for 3 seconds.

Mana Cost: 35
Cooldown: 5
Range: 600

.,;:Ability 1:;,. :

//Sidestep\\: Shaq sidesteps the target unit, appearing behind him.

Level 1: Costs 100 mana, Cooldown 15 seconds.
Level 2: Costs 90 mana, Cooldown 13 seconds.
Level 3: Costs 80 mana, Cooldown 11 seconds.
Level 4: Costs 70 mana, Cooldown 9 seconds.
Level 5: Costs 60 mana, Cooldown 7 seconds.
Level 6: Costs 50 mana, Cooldown 5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 100/90/80/70/60/50
Cooldown: 15/13/11/9/7/5
Range: 400, 250 behind target.

.,;:Ability 2:;,. :

//Free Throw\\: All enemies around Shaq are paused for 2 seconds while Shaq takes the target and launches it backwards 500 units, dealing damage.

Level 1: Deals 90 damage, all enemies in a 400 radius are paused.
Level 2: Deals 170 damage, all enemies in a 450 radius are paused.
Level 3: Deals 250 damage, all enemies in a 500 radius are paused.
Level 4: Deals 330 damage, all enemies in a 550 radius are paused.
Level 5: Deals 410 damage, all enemies in a 600 radius are paused.
Level 6: Deals 490 damage, all enemies in a 650 radius are paused.

Mana Cost: 120
Cooldown: 9
Range: 400

.,;:Ability 3:;,. :

//Rebound\\: Shaq has a chance to rebound the shot whenever he is attacked, dealing damage and stunning the unit that made the attack.

Level 1: 5% chance to rebound for 50 damage and .5 second stun.
Level 2: 6% chance to rebound for 110 damage and 1 second stun.
Level 3: 7% chance to rebound for 170 damage and 1.5 second stun.
Level 4: 8% chance to rebound for 230 damage and 2 second stun.
Level 5: 9% chance to rebound for 290 damage and 2.5 second stun.
Level 6: 10% chance to rebound for 350 damage and 3 second stun.

Mana Cost: None
Cooldown: 3
Range: Any Physical Attack Range

.,;:penultimate:;,. :

//Half-Court Shot\\: Shaq takes the nearest unit, and launches it in a nearby area up to 1000 units away, dealing damage and slowing for 15 seconds. All units the target unit touches will be stunned and take damage. Launched area has a radius of 500. Nearby unit must be at most 300 units away.

Level 1: Target unit will take 250 damage, and slowed 20%. Units in the Area will take 100 damage and be stunned for 1 second.
Level 2: Target unit will take 375 damage, and slowed 40%. Units in the Area will take 175 damage and be stunned for 1.5 seconds.
Level 3: Target unit will take 450 damage, and slowed 60%. Units in the Area will take 250 damage and be stunned for 2 seconds.
Level 4: Target unit will take 525 damage, and slowed 80%. Units in the Area will take 325 damage and be stunned for 2.5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 180
Cooldown: 45
Range: Up to 1000

.,;:Ultimate:;,. :

//Slam Dunk\\: Shaq jumps towards the target unit, and then slams the area around it, dealing massive damage, stunning, and slowing the nearby units.

Level 1: 500 AoE, Deals 400 damage to all units, stunning for 1 second and slowing 30% for 15 seconds.
Level 2: 550 AoE, Deals 500 damage to all units, stunning for 2 seconds and slowing 60% for 15 seconds.
Level 3: 600 AoE, Deals 600 damage to all units, stunning for 3 seconds and slowing 90% for 15 seconds.

Mana Cost: 230
Cooldown: 100
Range: 800

In other words, a rather lot...

Godzilla will be a bit easier, I will post his later.

Meanwhile, Gameplay-wise, lets see...

I haven't heard from PurgeandFire about the systems, but I'm pretty sure he's working on it, so no need to fret there.

I'll take some of the hero selection triggers right out from the DotA Template.

I still need unit ideas for mercenaries, and item ideas.

@WindexGlow: Thanks for the item ideas. I think I'll use one of them as an "Ultimate" item, in homage to the makers of the song.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
NOTE:regarding the chuck norris boss. i take it he's like roshan am i correct? :D

k well what with some map making clan tourny's etc....I've been busy

tip. Y not just make tranquility have a large radius that can reach the entire map? (for the rain of life)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.