The Ultimate Showdown

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
The problem with Tranquility is that it's constant, and I want Rain of Life to hit random locations.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
-Santa

Innate Ability -- Coal Drop
Santa drops a load of coal on a target unit, dealing 100 damage and stunning for 1.5 seconds. If the unit is hit with a fire spell while buried by coal, it is freed but units in a 300 AoE of it will take 15 damage per second. Burning Coal effect lasts 10 seconds.

Skill 1 -- Bulk
Santa's giant bulk allows him to bounce enemies off of him. If units are thrown into Santa (For instance, from a Half-Court shot by Shaq), they will rebound off of him and take 150/200/250/300/350/400 damage.

Skill 2 -- Milk-n'-Cookies
Santa unleashes an avalanche of cookies on a target area, dealing 30/60/90/120/150/180 damage per second for 2 seconds. 2 seconds after that barrage, a wave of milk drops down and traps all units in the area with melted cookie junk for 2 seconds.

Skill 3 -- Holiday Spirit
Santa's presence puts enemies in a giving mood. Every 6/5/4/3/2/1 seconds, Santa gains 3 gold for each enemy in a 500 AoE near him. Enemy heroes near him also lose the 3 gold.

Penultimate -- Swarm of Elves
Unleashing his magical elves on a target, Santa's minions begin attacking the target. If one elf is destroyed, the others gain a permanant +8 bonus to damage. Summons 3/6/9/12 elves dealing 10 damage each. Each has 150 health.

Ultimate -- Magical Sack
Grabbing a target, Santa stuffs it into his giant sack. Santa loses .25% movement speed for each point of strength the target has, however, wherever Santa goes the target goes with him. The target cannot attack, cast spells, be attacked or targetted by spells, and has no vision until after 5/6/7 seconds, where Santa drops it on the ground, dealing 100/150/200 damage.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Hmm...

Nice abilities, however...

"Bulk" is too specific; broaden the range a bit more.

"Coal Drop" is good, though the second part could either be eliminated or changed, there won't be many fire spells. Unless you can use it in conjunction with another spell that Santa has.

"Milk-n'-Cookies" is nice, I like it.

"Holiday Spirit" would get a bit unbalanced, after a while. Got any other ideas that could replace "Holiday Spirit" or change the effect?

"Swarm of Elves" is also fun, but summoning for a tank? I guess it could work.

"Magical Sack" is also nice, but it's sorta the same as Godzilla's Penultimate, Mega Chomp. (Mega Chomp eats the target unit, dealing damage per second. The unit cannot take any actions).

But overall, nice. +rep when I can.

Cheddar

Reaction score
Okay, how about broadening Bulk so when Santa and another unit are both moving, if they collide and Santa has more movement speed than the other person, they get thrown back?

I guess buffing Coal Drop, and if the target hasn't caused damage to Santa in the last 30 seconds, it doesn't work. Seeing as how Santa only gives coal to bad kids.

Hmm... Holiday Spirit can be changed I guess. Revolving around being good for Christmas, anyone that doesn't deal damage for 20 seconds (globally) gains +5 gold. That way, a cap of +15 gold a minute, and if the game stretched to 60 minutes and you don't do anything, that's only 900 gold.

Magical Sack also kinda resembles Jellyfishing Net, but I couldn't think of much else for a Santa-based hero.

On a side note, can you explain Deathmatch a bit more? Does it eliminate teamplay and make it a Free For All? Are you sent to kill neutral creeps? I didn't catch what that mode does.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Deathmatch is like this:

After choosing their hero, players go to respective miniature "sanctums" (Instead of the team sanctums when in Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag), where they can heal. If a unit other than the player's units enters their sanctum, they will take 4000 damage. (No hero is going to have more than 3000 HP at max level).

On to the actual gameplay. It's essentially a free-for-all, except every now and then, a powerful unit (Called ???) will summon random neutral creeps to the field. The creeps will attack the nearest hero they see, and simply just add to the carnage. The map itself is pretty big, so it won't be as bad, but add that too the global rain of fires, Chuck Norris romping around the city, the other players' heroes, random Flame Strikes throughout the city, and more, it will be pretty chaotic.

The first hero to get to 25/50/100 hero kills, or (If the mode is chosen) after 10/30/60 minutes, the hero with the most kills, will win.

Heroes have their roles and purpose displayed in the tooltip, to prevent characters from choosing a "sucky" hero and complaining about it.

I think I know how to do Coal Drop, but it'd take forever. I'd just think it'd be initial damage, and then if the unit attacks Santa, he gets flame striked.

I'd change that to the first ability, in place of Bulk.

Bulk I'd change it so that whenever a unit/hero attacks Santa, he has a slight (~2-3%) chance to be sucked into Santa's gut, dealt minor damage (~50-100), and then forced out with a knockback. And that'd be the innate.

Having the "Holiday Spirit" for Santa, (A tank) would be unfitting... I'd say in place of that, he'd have an ability where he automatically lays a mine whenever he is attacked (AKA Present), which explodes on touch from enemy.

It'd be called "Present."

Magical Sack would be a pretty cool item; I'm thinking about giving all heroes starting items which add a certain bonus, but then the game would get a bit too complicated.

However, for the last ability, I'd say Santa's ultimate would be "Ho! Ho! Ho!," which would deal... something. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Aaron Carter's ablities concieved.

Just a question: Does Aaron Carter have Fangirls? I'm assuming he does, I'm giving him an ability based off of Carrion Swarm that summons Fangirls to his side.

Anyone know how to make it just target the ground instead of a corpse?

Cheddar

Reaction score
I think you mean Carrion Beetles.

And yes, there's a simpler way, just use Dark Portal or Sentry Ward. Unless you want a cap of a certain amount of Fangirls, in which case a trigger detecting a number of units in Playable Map Area of type Fangirl, integer comparison, remove random ones.

As for deathmatch, now that I know:
Ok, people's opinion time:

For the main map, in the "Deathmatch" mode, should the characters be placed in random locations once they choose their hero, and after a minute, the deathmatch starts, or should they start in a different sanctums? Currently, there are two sanctums for each of the teams, which will be filled with neutral creeps in regular Deathmatch mode.

There are also two smaller bases in the middle of the map, which will house the item areas.

If each player has a certain sanctum, what should they be when the game mode is Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag?
Deathmatch mode, I guess that will work, just make sure it isn't spawned next to Chuck Norris, another enemy hero, or neutral creeps.

The other sanctums should house items giving support, for example, aura items and AoE assistance items don't belong in a fray where you're left to fend for yourself. If not that, then I think one cool idea would be a cannon or something that would let you shoot yourself at enemies.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Yeah.

Since there are 12 sanctums, 4 of them are going to have neutral creeps, 2 with guns, (2 creep sanctums on each side, 1 gun on each side), 3 with shops and such, and the final one with Chuck Norris. I changed my mind. Chuck Norris will not be in deathmatch. Nor will he be in Juggernaut, or King of the Hill.

That Fangirl solution is good, but how would you prevent the loss of mana from casting it after you have the max amount?

I like your ideas Cheddar; do you wanna help with the map?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Question
what unit would be using Global Rain of fire again?

*Edit* here's the unpolished version of the global rain of fire.
Edit it as u see fit

pheonixashes

Reaction score
The Dungeon Master; just give me the abilities, I'll import them.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
there it is ^ scroll up yonder post :D

Note:Just add wait triggers between the triggers when the dummy units fire off the spell if ur not satisfied with the end result experiment with the wait triggers till u get what u want :rolleyes:

Cheddar

Reaction score
Aaah, I thought you'd never ask. I'd love to join the map, I'm best as a trigger maker, and I'll still try to include a steady stream of ideas on the people that I do know.

Preventing the loss of Fangirls' maximum mana is simple, here's an action you could use.
Code:
Unit -- Set Mana of (Casting unit) to (Current mana of (Casting unit) + *Mana cost of Fangirl*

And I guess, if verified, I could start to work on Shaq. Summer vacation is in about 1 1/2 weeks, and I will have quite a bit of time to get spells and other things done. Do we need these spells MUI, or is there just going to be one of each kind of hero in each game, to include diversity so we don't have 9 Marios and one Pacman? I doubt many people know who "Lo Pan" is anyways, therefore they probably won't be choosing him.

.,;:Innate:;,. :

//Pass\\: Shaq passes his basket ball to the target unit, hitting him for 100 damage if the target is turned around. If it is not, then Shaq loses 15 damage for 3 seconds.

Mana Cost: 35
Cooldown: 5
Range: 600

Do you mean if the target is not facing Shaq, they take damage, or the other way around?

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Cool about the Fangirls section.

The characters will have descriptions on each of them, and yes, there can only be 1 of each hero on the battlefield. There are not 12 Godzillas in the world, are there? The spells do not need to be MUI.

If the target is not facing Shaq, he gets hurt.

Added.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Items

ROC CD adds + attack damage Decreases enemy attack damage in a aoe of 400
TFT CD adds +50% attack rate Decreases enemy attack rate in a aoe of 400
ROC Battle Guide Crittical strike (passive) Berserk (active)
(increases attack rate only)
TFT battle Guide Mana burn (active) Cold damage (passive)
Warcraft Battle chest
(if u choose to impliment a recepie here is its requirements ROC CD+TFT CD+ROC battle guide+TFT battle guide)

Adds attack damage,Decreases enemy attack damage in a aoe of 400,+50% attack rate,Decreases enemy attack rate in a aoe of 400,Cold damage,Critical strike,activatable spirit of vengence (has mana burn,standard ability,berserk)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Was that spam or just an opinion? This map won't include the actual song, just credits to the makers which inspired me to make the map.
]

Edit:

The time has come for actual progress to begin, despite my looming finals. Which I won't study for. As always.

Anyway, I will be PMing each one of the people who have agreed to help on the map; send me the files to my email or MSN, whicheverone.

My email is [email protected]

Cheddar

Reaction score
Okay, I didn't have much time to do anything, as it's the last weekend before finals and Saturday didn't have any room to get anything done, I did manage to get Sidestep working. I still need to find out how to do a backstab trigger, I know most would say "Use facing angles and detect if the difference between the two is less than -x and y", but as AceHart points out, if the facing angles are 359 and 1, the attacker is right behind them, but the trigger won't run because the difference is 358.

As for Sidestep, well, I wanted it to be a bit fancier than a normal Blink Strike, so it warps you 500 range behind them, then slides you to them. Diagram time:

Beginning:
Code:
X            

D

X= Caster
D= Target, facing to the right.

When the ability first goes:
Code:
X                  D
Now Shaq is behind the target.

Wait about a half-second:
Code:
...X     D
The ... is a little trail of rock explosions, to provide some sort of way you can tell it's sliding.
0.8 seconds after the ability fires:
Code:
XD

Now the caster most likely attacks the target, but I'll stick in a small action to make sure. I also pause the caster, so it won't autoattack and slide away from the target.

I've kinda given up on Battleground Generals, 13lade isn't very active anymore and hasn't responded to my PM, however, I have to fufil my duties if he happens to come back. I still will continue Shaq, someone else can try Batman if they want for the time being.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Well, Sidestep is supposed to be an escaping move when Shaq is double-teamed, so sliding won't help much there... unless you slide around the target to 250 units behind the target, that can work.

Oh, and spellmakers, I've refined Godzilla's moves a bit, here they are:

These ones are a LOT easier than most of them, because Godzilla doesn't have many complex moves:

.,;:Innate Ability:;,. :

//Chomp\\: Godzilla takes a bite out of the enemy hero, dealing 100 damage and causing the hero to bleed 10 damage per second for the next 5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 65 mana
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Range: 250

(AKA Shadow Strike)
.,;:Normal Ability I:;,. :

//Smash\\: Godzilla slams the ground, causing all units to take damage and be stunned and later slowed 50% movement speed for a certain amount of time.

Level 1: Deals 50 damage, stuns for 1 second, slows for 2 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 120 damage, stuns for 1.2 seconds, slows for 2.5 seconds.
Level 3: Deals 190 damage, stuns for 1.4 seconds, slows for 3 seconds.
Level 4: Deals 260 damage, stuns for 1.6 seconds, slows for 3.5 seconds.
Level 5: Deals 330 damage, stuns for 1.8 seconds, slows for 4 seconds.
Level 6: Deals 400 damage, stuns for 2 seconds, slows for 4.5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 105 mana
Cooldown: 11 seconds
Range: 400 AoE

.,;:Normal Ability II:;,. :
//Roar\\: Godzilla roars to the entire area, causing all heroes to shake in fear and deal 50% less damage and have 50% less armor for the next few seconds.

Level 1: Heroes lose damage and armor for the next 5 seconds.
Level 2: Heroes lose damage and armor for the next 7 seconds.
Level 3: Heroes lose damage and armor for the next 9 seconds.
Level 4: Heroes lose damage and armor for the next 11 seconds.
Level 5: Heroes lose damage and armor for the next 13 seconds.
Level 6: Heroes lose damage and armor for the next 15 seconds.

Mana Cost: 85 mana
Cooldown: 17 seconds
Range: 700 AoE

.,;:Normal Ability III:;,. :
//Hard Scales\\: Activateable. Godzilla's scales are near impurmeable; every attack made against him will be reduced in damage. However, decreases Spell Resistance. (Toggle Between Spell Resistance and Damage Reduction)

Level 1: Reduces all damage by 8, Decreases Spell Resistance by 5%.
Level 2: Reduces all damage by 11, Decreases Spell Resistance by 8%.
Level 3: Reduces all damage by 14, Decreases Spell Resistance by 11%.
Level 4: Reduces all damage by 17, Decreases Spell Resistance by 14%.
Level 5: Reduces all damage by 21, Decreases Spell Resistance by 17%.
Level 6: Reduces all damage by 25, Decreases Spell Resistance by 20%.

Mana Cost: 40 mana to switch
Cooldown: 9 seconds after switch
Range: Self

.,;:penultimate:;,. :
//Mega Chomp\\
Godzilla simply swallows the target, dealing damage per second for 5 seconds until Godzilla regurgiates the target.

Level 1: Deals a total of 400 damage.
Level 2: Deals a total of 550 damage.
Level 3: Deals a total of 700 damage.
Level 4: Deals a total of 850 damage.

Mana Cost: 190 mana
Cooldown: 70 seconds
Range: 250 units

.,;:Ultimate:;,. :
//Kamikaze\\
The lower Godzilla's HP, the more frenzied he becomes; for every 10% of missing HP, Godzilla gains higher Movement and Attack Speed.

Level 1: Increases 2% Movement Speed and 4% Attack Speed.
Level 2: Increases 3% Movement Speed and 5% Attack Speed.
Level 3: Increases 4% Movement Speed and 6% Attack Speed.

Mana Cost: Passive
Cooldown: Passive
Range: Self

And for some more updates on progress: Finished the basic layout of the terrain, now doodading it up.

D

DaramothCGS

Now you have me all excited! I have some ability ideas for your classes listed below. Many of my ideas are simply clever names (names I'd laugh at enough to want to play the game over and over again to try every class).

Abraham Lincoln

Four Scores
Level Effects: Hit up to four targets simultaneously for x amount of damage. (perhaps like chain lightning?)

Top Hat Enhancements
Level Effects: Increases Armor and add aura that increases (attack? damage? stats?)

Free the Slaves
Level Effects: Temporarily summon x unit(s) to help you.

Assassinate First!
Level Effects: Deal x amount of damage to target and stun for x seconds.

Jackie Chan

First Strike!
Deal x damage and stun for x seconds (Like assassinate first)

Supercop
Attribute Enhencement (like top hat enhancements)

Drunken Master
Berserk for x amount of seconds!

Shanghai Noon
Slam target player for x amount of damage.

Dr. Brown (Back to the Future)

Great Scott!
Invincible for x amount of seconds.

One point twenty one Gigawatts!
Lightning damage on target player for x amount of damage.

Eighty-eight Miles per Hour
Blink away from location

Radiation suit
Attribute enhancement?

Plutonium?
????

R2-D2

Beep - Boop
Rockets that deal x amount of splash damage to multiple targets

Boop - Beep
Lazer that deals x amount of damage to target unit

Beep - Beep - Boop
Give the ability to fly for x amount of seconds (to avoid the attack of ground units or non-ranged units)

Boop - Beep - Boop
????

Black Knight

'Tis but a scratch!
Attribute enchancement, of course.

None shall pass!
Has to be some kind of ability for area effect damage, or an area effect ability of some kind.

Then you shall die!
Target unit ability, damage or something.

I'm invincible!
Uhh... well obviously.

The Black Knight always triumphs!
... ? could go any way here.

More to come!

Craig Chamberlin
ChamberLand Gaming Studios
Currently in Development: Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen for Warcraft III
Download Wallpapers and Leave Feedback at: http://cgstudios.blogspot.com

D

DaramothCGS

On a second note... lol... you MUST call lincoln's free'd slaves "Ex-slave of Abraham Lincoln". I could just imagine seeing that the first time I play the game and laughing mah arse off!

Craig Chamberlin
ChamberLand Gaming Studios
Currently in Development: Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen for Warcraft III
Download Wallpapers and Leave Feedback at: http://cgstudios.blogspot.com

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.