The Ultimate Showdown

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Inspired by both Luth's Battle of the Stars and the flash (& song) "The Ultimate Showdown."

Watch to understand what I am about to say:
hijacked link removed
Note to all viewers: It's a song, made in flash, in rap format. You may not like it, but I think it's pretty funny.

Ok, back to the actual map:

The Ultimate Showdown

Basically, like Luth's Battle of the Stars, it's going to have most (if not all) of the characters in the song (and possibly more), fighting in a deathmatch type brawl.

Heroes:
The current hero list stands at:

-Godzilla (Abilities Concieved)
-Batman (Abilities Concieved)
-Shaquille O'Neal (Abilities Concieved)
-Aaron Carter (Abilities Concieved)
-Abraham Lincoln
-Optimus Prime (Pending)
-Jackie Chan
-Indiana Jones
-Care Bear
-Mario
-Sonic
-Dr. Brown (Back to the Future) (Pending - Might be replaced by HARRY POTTER)
-R2-D2
-Santa Claus
-Gandalf the Grey/White (Combined)
-Black Knight
-Benito Mussilini
-Blue Meanie
-Cowboy Curtis
-Jambi the Genie
-Robocop
-Terminator
-Captain Kirk (With Spock as Summon)
-Darth Vader
-Lo Pan
-Superman
-Power Rangers
-Bill S. Preston
-Theodore Logan
-The Rock
-Doc Ock
-Hulk Hogan
-Pacman (Pending due to Model)
-Mr. Rogers
---
Each hero will have 6 abilities: 1 Innate Ability, 3 Regular Abilities, 1 "Pen"ultimate (1st Ultimate), 1 Ultimate.

Obviously, there are going to be a lot of heroes/abilities. Therefore, I'm going to need a couple of spellmakers to help me (Full credits and +rep, of course).
Squll2 has already agreed to help me on this map, but with 222 different abilities, I think it's just too much work for him.

FEATURES:
Of course, it isn't just going to be a plain old deathmatch brawl. It's going to feature lush and strategic terrain (Strong points and Weak Points), multiple game modes (I asked PurgeandFire to do those, if you see one of his threads), along with other gameplay factors such as:

-Random Spellcasters casting on the battlefield
-Hired Mercenaries
-Multiple Side Areas for Quests
-Neutral Hostile brawlers
-Chuck Norris as a boss
-Game Modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Juggernaut

How you can help:
With 222 abilities to be thought of, I can't possibly come up with abilties suiting all heroes. You may suggest abilties/gameplay factors for anything, but keep in mind, I want these spells not to be TOO difficult to make, but not TOO simple.

Of course, I'll need some help imputting the triggers and models.
I'll need:

-Importer (I can't import): Squll2, (_____)
-Spellmaker: Squll2, BANANAMAN, Cheddar
-Modeler: ______
-Trigger Master: Rheias, elmstfreddie (Part Time)

EDIT:
Benefits:
-Proper Credit in map, of course. (Ideas, Jobs)
-Beta Testing (Many Ideas, Jobs)
-+rep (Ideas, Jobs)
-Request of Hero in Map (Jobs)

PROGRESS
Will be continually updated.

Currently Working On: Polishing Terrain, Spells

I need:
-Spell Ideas for everyone but Shaq, Godzilla, and Batman.
-Hirable Unit Ideas (Must be known some of general public, i.e. Shinra Soldier, etc.)
-Models!!!
-Icons!!! But not as much as Models!!!

Suggestions, Comments, Questions, and Concerns are all appreciated. Flaming is also acceptable, though in small amounts.
---

Final Notes:
-Characters are copyright of their respective owners. People are copyright of themselves.
-The Max Hero level is 25, with their
--Innate Ability (Level 1 starting),
--Abilities (Up to level 6 each)
--Penultimate (Up to level 4)
--Ultimate (Up to level 3)
-This map is so far only an idea, I will post screenshots and other stuff that shows that work is getting done later.

Last edited by a moderator:

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
i can make some decent non triggered custom spells...........................I'll look into JASS and triggered spells...summer vacation is about to end so i may or may not be able to give u ur spells :( anyways im up for hire

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I'll be happy to do anything related to triggers, spells, system etc.

Let me know if you want me to help. ;)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll be needing it. You've both been added.

BANANAMAN, how is summer vacation ending for you guys? Even if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, it's Winter over there, right?

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
no i live in asia.....its allmost the end of may...................GOD I HATE THE MONTH OF JUNE

Edit:I do have some experience with World Edit mostly the object editor and making custom abilities.....Mine allways seems to be out of balance..i wonder why....Well thats what beta tests are for right?
well i do have a hero arena map thats not very popular.....I can handle some spells and maybe some terraining. K i call dibs on the black knight......i'll thinking/making up his abilities as we speak =D

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
! OMG AWESOME !, i really love that ultimate showdown song,,,....

old godzilla was hopping arourn tokyo cit like a bi.....

lol, i havent actually read the thread, lol ;)

[ edit :
angels sang out in immaculate chorus
down from the heavens descended Chuck Norris
who deliver a kick which could shatter bones
into the crotch of Indiana Jones
who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
as Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
but Chuck saw through his clever disguise
and he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs

how may i help with your map?]

pheonixashes

Reaction score
>>Edit:I do have some experience with World Edit mostly the object editor and making custom abilities.....Mine allways seems to be out of balance..i wonder why....Well thats what beta tests are for right?
well i do have a hero arena map thats not very popular.....I can handle some spells and maybe some terraining. K i call dibs on the black knight......i'll thinking/making up his abilities as we speak =D

I'm already working on balance with all of the characters, so far, both Shaq, Batman, and Godzilla are equally balanced, stat and ability wise.

Go ahead on the Black Knight, but just remember, I might want to change it.

Email: [email protected]

>>Is Chuck Norris on that list?

Chuck Norris shall be a boss, for two reasons:
1. He's too powerful, it took 24 different characters at the same time to kill him.
2. People would say he's either: (If playing with) Too weak or (If playing against) Too strong.

>>Give credit to the orignal song creator, (band is) Lemon Demon.
EvilTrailMix.com
LemonDemon.com

Thanks, I know. I will, I just didn't include him because the band name is on the site I linked to.

>>how may i help with your map?]

Well, I might need another spell maker, but if you or anyone you know is a fairly good modeler, I still need one; there are absolutely no Doc Ock models on hiveworkshop, and the current Batman model is him on a Batmobile.

You can also give ability ideas for each of the characters. I need 6 for each, but you don't have to give them at the same time. See the first post for information about each of the abilities.

----

EDIT: And to all spellmakers, here are the first set of abilities. They might be a bit advanced. This is for Batman.

------------------------
Batman: The Dark Knight
------------------------
Role: Nuker & Semi-Tank

Starting Stats:
Strength: 20
Intelligence: 16
Agility: 22

Strength per Level: 1.7
Intelligence per Level: 1.8
Agility per Level: 2.5

Range: 128 (Melee)

Pros:
-Powerful Nuker
-Mildly Fast Attack
-High Armor

Cons:
-Without Spells, is weak
-Low HP and Mana
-Innate Ability is Useless for anything other than escaping

.,;:Innate:;,. :

//Flash Change\\: Changes back into Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne does not deal damage, but has 50% more movement speed.

Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 10
Range: Self

.,;:Ability 1:;,. :

//Batarangs\\: Batman launches his Batarangs at the enemy unit, dealing damage in a line and slowing the target unit.

Level 1: Deals 80 damage and slows for 10% movement and attack speed.
Level 2: Deals 150 damage and slows for 20% movement and attack speed.
Level 3: Deals 230 damage and slows for 30% movement and attack speed.
Level 4: Deals 300 damage and slows for 40% movement and attack speed.
Level 5: Deals 370 damage and slows for 50% movement and attack speed.
Level 6: Deals 420 damage and slows for 60% movement and attack speed.

Mana Cost: 105
Cooldown: 15
Range: 800

.,;:Ability 2:;,. :

//Batbolas\\: Batman uses his Batbolas to hook onto an enemy unit, causing the unit to be stunned, and then releases a highly-powerful electrical impulse that will zap the target and nearby units.

Level 1: Stuns for 1 second and releases a 90 damage impulse that targets the target and 3 more units.
Level 2: Stuns for 1.2 seconds and releases a 160 damage impulse that targets the target and 3 more units.
Level 3: Stuns for 1.4 seconds and releases a 230 damage impulse that targets the target and 4 more units.
Level 4: Stuns for 1.6 seconds and releases a 310 damage impulse that targets the target and 4 more units.
Level 5: Stuns for 1.8 seconds and releases a 380 damage impulse that targets the target and 5 more units.
Level 6: Stuns for 2 seconds and releases a 450 damage impulse that targets the target and 5 more units.

Mana Cost: 140
Cooldown: 14
Range: 600

.,;:Ability 3:;,. :

//Elusiveness\\: Batman, during the night, has the ability to meld with the shadows, being invisible if he does not move. Furthermore, he also gains evasion permanently.

Level 1: Takes .5 seconds to vanish, gains 6% evasion.
Level 2: Takes .4 seconds to vanish, gains 11% evasion.
Level 3: Takes .3 seconds to vanish, gains 16% evasion.
Level 4: Takes .2 seconds to vanish, gains 21% evasion.
Level 5: Takes .1 seconds to vanish, gains 27% evasion.
Level 6: Takes no time to vanish, gains 33% evasion.

Mana Cost: None
Cooldown: None
Range: Self

.,;:penultimate:;,. :

//Bat-Grenades\\: Batman takes a lot of his grenades, and fires randomly at random units. Those units are either stunned, blinded, or burnt, depending on which grenade Batman threw with.

Level 1: Fires at 8 random units, dealing 220 damage each and either stunning for 2 seconds, blinding for 20 seconds with a 63% miss chance, or burnt for 10 seconds dealing 20 damage per second.
Level 2: Fires at 9 random units, dealing 280 damage each and either stunning for 3 seconds, blinding for 20 seconds with a 72% miss chance, or burnt for 10 seconds dealing 23 damage per second.
Level 3: Fires at 10 random units, dealing 360 damage each and either stunning for 4 seconds, blinding for 20 seconds with a 81% miss chance, or burnt for 10 seconds dealing 26 damage per second.
Level 4: Fires at 12 random units, dealing 440 damage each and either stunning for 5 seconds, blinding for 20 seconds with a 90% miss chance, or burnt for 10 seconds and dealing 29 damage per second.

Mana Cost: 250
Cooldown: 90
Range: Units up to 800 away.

.,;:Ultimate:;,. :

//Bat-Charge\\: Batman gathers extreme energy be getting ready for 3 seconds, then rushes to the target area, dropping random Bat-Grenades along the way. The total range he can travel is over 2000 units at 400 units per second. Bat-Grenades deal damage and can either stun for 5 seconds, blind for 20 seconds with a 90% miss chance, or burnt for 10 seconds dealing 29 damage per second. Bat-Grenades are launched at a rate of 5 per second.

Level 1: Each Bat-Grenade deals 200 damage.
Level 2: Each Bat-Grenade deals 300 damage.
Level 3: Each Bat-Grenade deals 400 damage.

Mana Cost: 300
Cooldown: 120
Range: Up to 2000 away.

The Penultimate and the Ultimate will be sort of difficult, but the others, to me, seem not to hard for a good spellmaker.

I already made the hero, just give me the map with the spells, and I'll import the triggers, dummy units, and all that junk.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Well, I guess I will give a shot at triggering spells. I've had a bit of experience in that field. And here are a few ability ideas for these, since you need so many.

-Benito Mussilini
Hoo boy, Italian Class ftw. Next year World History would help that too. I could use a few Italian phrases.
~Il duce! (Means "The leader", Mussilini's followers would call him that. Probably would be some kind of brainwashing spell, like Charm)
~Communism
Mussilini believes in communism, and enforces these beliefs on his allies/enemies.
Unfortunately, I forgot what communism is, anyone help here? I just remember Mussilini was a communist.

-Darth Vader
BOTS has this hero, I actually made one of these myself. I think that Tichondrius' soundset works well with this one. I'll dredge up the triggers for this one if you want.
~Force Choke
Basically Pudge's Dismember, melee shackles for 3 seconds dealing 75/125/175 damage per second. The art is the hands from Soul Gem, and it plays Tichondrius' "Die Fool!" sound.
~Lightsaber Tactics
Raigor's Enchant Totem, a one-shot huge damage attack.
~Force Pull
Pulls the target to you from a range of 600/700/800/900/1000

-Mario
I do not play much Mario, but there are way too many ideas, a couple:
~Fireball
~Invisibility Cap
~POW Block
~Green/Red Shells
~Starman
~Super Mushroom
~1-Up

-Sonic
Hehehe, Sonic. Can't get enough Sonic. I requested Sonic on hiveworkshop a while ago, someone said he was going to make it.
~Homing Attack
~Magic Hands (Use it, encases an enemy in a little ball and puts it into your hands. Enemy is disabled and can't do anything. In the game it can be thrown, here I think it would just Shockwave it in front of you.)
~Spin Dash. I guess this would be charge up, then run hecka fast.

-Pacman
Might be a bit... scratch that... very difficult to concieve 6 abilities. Not much in Pacman to do. Ghosts, balls, walls, dots, cherries.
~Cherries -- One who touches the cherries becomes invincible and can eat up lesser enemies, restoring health. Lasts a very short while. Every 1 minute a new cherry pops up on the map, even if one already exists.
~Dot Line -- Pacman can trace the enemy using a trail of dots, and if Pacman's on the dots, he goes faster and restores health, removing the dots though.
~Ghosts -- Pacman befriends the ghosts and unleashes their fury on a target. They begin to follow it and deal damage. One way to ward them off is to outrun them, then have them find a new target.

I'm sure I can come up with these abilities, I'd be glad to start up trigger spells again. Let me know if I'm on the team.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I won't put you on the team per se, but you can keep on contributing spell ideas. I'll still give you credits if I use any of them in the map.

EDIT: Adding some stuff to the first post to show actual progress on the map.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The only thing I know about O'neal's ability is the Can of Shaq-fu ...
Abraham Lincoln would have an AK-47 and a Machete o_O
The Rock would be People's Elbow and The Rock Bottom and some other wrestling moves he has..
Also with Hulk Hogan, his wrestling moves..

Isn't 3CPO there too? He was destroyed by whatshisname (the guy with the robe in starwars [villian])

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I will not be including O'Neal's Shaq-Fu, but his abilities are as follows:
Pass (Innate)
Sidestep (Ability 1)
Free Throw (Ability 2)
Rebound (Ability 3)
Half-Court Shot (Penultimate)
Slam Dunk (Ultimate)

Abraham Lincoln will have an ability where he toggles between a machine gun and a sword, giving him Ranged Fast, but Low Damage attacks, or Medium Melee High Damage attacks.

One of his abilities will be Polevault. His Ultimate will be Emancipation Proclamation.

The Rock and Hulk Hogan will have moves based on their profession, yes. Aaron Carter's abilities will be based off of the names of his songs.

(LOL, I was just checking Aaron Carter's Music, one of his songs is "That's How I Beat Shaq". Awesome.)

C3P0 will not be included because R2-D2 AND Darth Vader are already included. And the robed thing is a Jawa.

Chuck Norris is way to powerful to be a character, he will be a boss, as I stated before.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
I take it the batarang is simmilar to rexxar's wild axes in dota am i correct?

Making batman's abilities are gonna be difficult for me but meh i like a challenge.
Also can i make up abilities for the gandalfs? just give me the description of what both gandalfs are ment to be like in ur map. (ie tank.rusher.stand alone)

Edit heres the batgrenade's base ability.....i know its not much but hey at least i saved u guys some trouble =P

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Gandalf the Grey should be a supporting hero, based on Lightning and Fire abilities. His ultimate should be a mass benefit.

Gandalf the White seems to be more geared towards an anti-mage and nuking powers, with a powerful global ultimate (Not Global Silence).

And I've never used Rexxar's Ability, but Batarang should slow only the target unit, not any units in between.
Thanks again, BANANAMAN.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
K so suporting....Healing and long ranged aoe abilites i bet..
U mind if i use some modified blizzard abilities?

Chain lightning
Healing wave etc......

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I'd like it to be triggered, but if you can make it so it seems triggered (See the old Non-Triggered Hero Contest For Reference), that'd be great.

Actually, if you want to do some more, I'm including spellcasting units, which you might be able to help with.

I need:

A No-Target Rain of Fire which affects the Entire Map (50 waves, 100 missiles per wave, 150 damage, 20 damage for 5 seconds)
A No-Target Healing Spray which affects the Entire Map (Same as above, except no dmg/second, and damage=heal.)
A Single-Target Divine Shield, which lasts for 20 seconds.

The other two abilities he will have is a Anti-Magic Shield and a Auto-Life type thing, which I know how to make both (Thanks to Tinki3 for Second Chance in the first Spell Request Thread).

Linkoln

Reaction score
Mario

Hrmm i have an idea for mario; How about he has 3 different hats and they differ in power as where u are.

Theme; ATC (All Terrain Charactor)
free move
Jump;
Mario jumps in the air and lands on his enemies head.
+25 dmg per lvl, starting with 100

abilities
Flower Cap; +15% Dmg in Dry areas, -20% in wet. Abilities un-useable in wet

Level 1 - Mario now shoots ranged fireballs.
Level 2 - Increased damage. has a Charged Fireball which does 100 dmg.
Level 3 - Damage Increased, Fire ball now does 135 dmg.
Level 4 - Damage increased, Fire ball now does 155 dmg, and has a 3 DPS permanant Immolation.
Level 5 - Damage Increased, Fire Ball now does 180 dmg, and has a 5 DPS permanant Immolation.
Level 6 - Damage Increased, Fire Ball now does 200 Dmg, has a 6.5 DPS permanant Immolation, and Drops burning embers where he walks, hurting enemies that trail behind (30 dps). (Toggled, Some triggering reqired)

Invisable Cap; +30% dmg in Night/Sea, -40% dmg in day. Abilities un-useable in day.

Level 1 - Invisability (windwalk but passive, and no speed increase),+50% dmg when using attack.(leaves invisability)
Level 2 - Invisability, +75% dmg on attack, +10% Evasion Chance.
Level 3 - Invisability, +85% dmg on attack, +12.5% Evasion Chance.
Level 4 - Invisability, +105% dmg on attack, +14% Evasion Chance, 1 Ghost Duplicate (Mirror images that run like hell in any direction, Dies when hit once. Good for escapes).
Level 5 - Invisability, +120% dmg on attack, +15% evasion chance, 2 Ghost duplicates.
Level 6 - Invisability, +145% dmg on attack, +16% Evasion Chance, 3 Ghost Duplicates, 25% attack speed increase.

Metal Cap; adds +1% dmg every 15 seconds, -1% speed every 15 seconds. Revert from mode to restart.

Level 1 - Increases armer by 10
Level 2 - Increases armer by 12, and can throw a 100 dmg boulder.
Level 3 - Increases armer by 14, and can throw a 125 dmg boulder.
Level 4 - Increases armer by 16, can throw a 150 dmg boulder, and can stomp the ground dealing 133 dmg and stunning for 2 seconds.
Level 5 - Increases armer by 18, can throw 175 dmg boulder, can stomp for 166 dmg for 3 seconds.
Level 6 - Increases armer by 20, Can throw 200 dmg boulder, can stomp for 200 dmg for 4 seconds, and causes the earth to tremble where he walks (Toggling earthquake that follow mario and has a 5% chance to stun each second. Relitivly high mana cost per second)

Penultimate
Princess' Kiss; Increases mario's damage by 50% for 15/20/25/30 seconds.

Ultimate
Star; Makes Mario invincable for 10/15/20 seconds. Same cooldown as Princess' kiss.

That is how i would Picture mario for a char. Has some nice uniqueness from the other chars. I hope this help some. Feel free to change it or take anything out of it. Cya on the other side.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
im not good at triggers but will give it a shot...

Ah globals..been meaning to do that for some time i'll have some fun making them for sure
what do u mean by spellcasting units (srry if i sound noobish its just cuz i am :D)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.