The Ultimate Showdown

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Don't double post.

And secondly, those ability names are good, but I'm looking for slightly more complicated spells.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Bump and update:

Changes:
-Dungeon Master no longer has global spells, just a cripple, and a rejuvenation.
-Added the new taverns.
-Added gameplay mode details to the map.
-Multiple changes in terrain.
-Set regions for King of the Hill mode.

PM's coming soon! I just need to get everything in order.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
What is it you need to get in order again?

Anyways, I might be a bit sluggish this weekend, I have some acting class for a week, but I still will try to get to work on Half-Court Shot and Free Throw.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Yes, you do get to beta test... map helpers get to Alpha-Test, and anyone involved with this gets to Beta Test.

I just needed to get a list of what I needed to be done written, so I can track changes and stuff I need later.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
I got SOME abilities for Darth Vader:

Innate Spell: Sabre Strike
Darth Vader does a quick and powerful strike at the targeted enemy, dealing 100 (+10 damage every level gained) to the enemy, however rendering Darth Vader immobile for 2 seconds. (-0.05 seconds every level gained)

Mana Cost: 60
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Range: 400 yrds (he runs to the target)

Normal Ability: The Force
Darth Vader uses the Power of the force and strikes at the enemy, dealing damage and knocking back the enemy.

Level 1: 50 damage - Small Knockback
Level 2: 80 damage - Medium Knockback
Level 3: 110 damage - Large Knockback
Level 4: 140 damage - Large Knockback + 2 second stun
Level 5: 170 damage - Large Knockback + 3 second stun
Level 6: 200 damage - Large Knockback + 4 second stun

Mana Cost: 100 (+20 every level)
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Range: 800 yrds

Normal Ability 2: Dual Wield
Darth Vader changes his Light Sabre to a Duel Wield Light Sabre, dealing less damage but is greatly faster.

Level 1: -100% damage, +100% Attack Speed.
Level 2: -90% damage, +110% Attack Speed.
Level 3: -80% damage, +120% Attack Speed.
Level 4: -70% damage, +130% Attack Speed.
Level 5: -60% damage, +140% Attack Speed.
Level 6: -60% damage, +150% Attack Speed.

Mana Cost: None.
Cooldown: None.
Range: Himself.
Cast Time: 3 seconds.

Normal Ability 3: Fury of the Sith
Enraged by the fact his Wife died because of his Rage: Darth Vader becomes extremely enraged, making the very essence of the Force to tremble around himself. Cannot be used with Dual Lightsabres. (this prevents MASSIVE speed)
However Darth Vader must rest for 10 seconds to allow his heart rate to function to normal status afterwards.

Level 1: +50% Attack Speed, 10 damage to attackers. Ground Trembles every 10 seconds, dealing 100 damage. Lasts 20 Seconds.
Level 2: +70% Attack Speed, 15 damage to attackers. Ground Trembles every 8 seconds, dealing 120 damage. Lasts 24 Seconds.
Level 3: +90% Attack Speed, 20 damage to attackers. Ground Trembles every 6 seconds, dealing 140 damage. Lasts 30 Seconds.
Level 4: +110% Attack Speed, 25 damage to attackers. Ground Trembles every 5 seconds, dealing 160 damage. Lasts 30 Seconds.
Level 5: +130% Attack Speed, 30 damage to attackers. Ground Trembles every 4 seconds, dealing 180 damage. Lasts 30 Seconds.
Level 6: +150% Attack Speed, 35 damage to attackers. Ground Trembles every 3 seconds, dealing 200 damage. Lasts 30 Seconds.

Mana Cost: 200 (+50 per level)
Cooldown: 60 seconds

"Pen"-Ultimate: The Emperor's Will (passive):
Darth Vader retrains himself to remember his Master's Training. Allowing himself to become more calm, faster, stronger and deadlier.

Level 1: +2 armour, +10% Attack Speed, + 5% Movement Speed, +1 Strength
Level 2: +3 armour, +13% Attack Speed, + 8% Movement Speed, +2 Strength
Level 3: +4 armour, +16% Attack Speed, + 11% Movement Speed, +3 Strength
Level 4: +5 armour, +20% Attack Speed, + 15% Movement Speed, +4 Strength

Mana Cost: None (passive spell)
Cooldown: None (passive spell)

Ultimate: Death Star:
Darth Vader grows weary of the fight, so he uses the power of the Death Star to eliminate his foes. Does Extreme damage and does extra damage to buildings. If the targeted unit still survives, its attack speed and movement speed is reduced dramatically for 3 seconds.

Level 1: Deals 600 damage and 1000 damage to buildings, also dealing a 500 damage AoE. -100% Movement Speed and -20% Attack Speed.
Level 2: Deals 700 damage and 1500 damage to buildings, also dealing a 600 damage AoE. -150% Movement Speed and -40% Attack Speed.
Level 3: Deals 800 damage and 2000 damage to buildings, also dealing a 700 damage AoE. -200% Movement Speed and -60% Attack Speed.

Mana Cost: 500 (+200 every level)
Cooldown: 2 minutes.
Range: 1000 yrds

Perhaps too overpowered? :D
But its the basic idea. Hope you like it :)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Innate is ok, I'll just remove the per level, as innate abilities are supposed to start out moderately good, then get weaker and weaker.

Death Star is a bit over-powered, I was thinking of more classic moves, like Force Push, Force Choke, Force Lightning, and add a new dimension to those, for example:

Force Lightning is simply a regular Forked Lightning, except it will knock back and slow every unit it hits.

And such.

The Emperor's Will is a bit blandish... but other than that, it's pretty good.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Cheddar is working on Shaq's abilities, and I've already got Bat-Grenades down... so you can either work on Batman or Godzilla, I'm alpha balancing Aaron Carter's moves right now.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
pheonixashes, I sent you the system requested, let me know if you need help with the 2 others mentioned.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Batman:

Innate: Costume Change
Description: Batman changes back into Bruce Wayne, although lowering his armour, damage, mana and health. He is not considered a threat for a short amount of time. Once Batman realises he is discovered, he changes back to his Costume quickly. Enemies close to Batman see him as a threat even after the change.

Mana: 75
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Range: None (himself)

Spell 1: Bat-Grenade (you've already done it it seems)

Spell 2: Pow! Blam! Kachook!
Descrpition: Batman deals some heavy "comic" moves which deals heavy damage. (you can show the POW! in float text)

Level 1: 150 damage a Punch. Final punch does nothing.
Level 2: 160 damage a Punch. Final punch does a 1 second stun.
Level 3: 170 damage a Punch. Final punch does a 1.5 second stun.
Level 4: 180 damage a Punch. Final punch does a 2 second stun + a 5% slow stun for 3 seconds.
Level 5: 190 damage a Punch. Final punch does a 2.5 second stun + a 7.5% slow stun for 3.5 seconds.
Level 6: 180 damage a Punch. Final punch does a 3 second stun + a 10% slow stun for 4 seconds.

Mana: 250
Cooldown: 20 seconds.
Range: Melee

Spell 3: Steady! (passive)
Description: Batman has a chance to immiedately steady himself from a Stun.

Level 1: 2% Chance to Batman. 0% to others.
Level 2: 4% Chance to Batman. 0% to others.
Level 3: 6% Chance to Batman. 0% to others.
Level 4: 8% Chance to Batman. 1% to others.
Level 5: 10% Chance to Batman. 3% to others.
Level 6: 10% Chance to Batman. 5% to others.

Mana: None
Cooldown: None
Range: 800 yrds.

"Pen"-Ultimate: A Robin Call
Description: Batman calls upon the Mighty(supposedly) Robin. Robin has a percentage of what Batman has and increases in later levels. Robin also can heal which increases every level. Cooldown is always 15 seconds. (who knows how.)

Level 1: Robin has 1/4 of everything Batman has. Heals for 100 health every 15 seconds. must be within 500 yrds.
Level 2: Robin has 1/3 of everything Batman has. Heals for 125 health every 15 seconds. must be within 550 yrds.
Level 3: Robin has 1/2 of everything Batman has. Heals for 150 health every 15 seconds. must be within 600 yrds.

Ultimate: Bat-Mobile
Description: Batman calls upon his Trusty Bat-Mobile to flatten his enemies.

Level 1: Batmobile increases Batman's speed by 250%. Anything that goes into the Batmobile will be flattened for 500 damage and stunned for 3 seconds. (add in above there head Flattened by the Batmobile! which is a phrase in the song). Has double health and armour. Lasts 20 seconds.
Level 2: Batmobile increases Batman's speed by 300%. Anything that goes into the Batmobile will be flattened for 650 damage and stunned for 4 seconds. Has double health and armour. Lasts 30 seconds.

Mana: 650
Cooldown: 1 minute 30 seconds

Theres my idea for BATMAN :D (du du du-du du DU dudu) and so on...

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Nice ideas there.

Sorry if I forgot to mention it, I'm up to make spells as well if any help needed with that. ;)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I meant Monsterous, the abilities I needed making; you'll see Batman's abilities posted a while back.

I need abilities on anyone that doesn't have the (Abilities Concieved) tag on the first post.

Rheias, I've seen it.

Rheias (Again), ok.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Im doing Batmans Costume Change. Shouldnt be to hard.
Ill edit this post when its done :)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
You mean Flash Change? Just to clarify, I've already got Batman's abilities balanced a bit, and I don't want to do it again. ^_^.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Arghhhhhh ive just done it :p
Ill post it anyway and see what you think of it :)

(What other's must be done that YOU or ANYONE has not done? That way ill get the right spell :p)

Attachments

• Batman Flash Change.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 228

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Leather jacket-makes u look cool adds 5 inteligence
Nike shoes-adds 40% speed

i may not post in the project for awhile due to school and shiz like that

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
All right, changelog for so far. Sorry I haven't been active for a bit.

Innate -- Not started yet. I still have to get over that facing angle obstacle. I'll most likely post something in the World Editor Help Zone.

Sidestep -- Well, I changed it into a simple Blink Strike. The icon is Healing Wave, if you have a better suggestion then please say so. I might add some art later.

Free Throw -- At first, it was working okay except for it asn't always accurate. Setting up a test to detect distance between start and end of the ability, it usually was a random number between 350 and 610, which wasn't going to work out. Finally, after a while, I began changing flying heights, and that appeared to impact the distance. Still not able to find some magic formula, I just decided to slip in a small tooltip that said Shaq isn't all that good at shooting Free Throws. Sometimes words have good power :shades: . It also has a Kaboom! icon. And I need to make it pause units, though that is easy.

Rebound -- Well, I have managed to make it happen, though one small problem is that it won't always be accurate. Setting all ranged units' Point Values to the arc of their shots, and their attack missle speeds to one constant value would drastically help it become accurate. Other than that, a Fragmentation Shards icon, Spiked Barricades art for Shaq, and Firelord Missiles for basketballs. It actually looks decent unless you use Sidestep at the same time it triggers.

Half-Court-Shot -- Not started yet. I'll try to get to work on it today.

Slam Dunk -- Instantly, I could see that this skill was far, far, faaaar too imbalanced. A 90% slow for 15 seconds easily means nobody can escape from Shaq, and they cannot fight either. I changed it to slow for 3 seconds (Don't worry, the stun takes precedence over the slow). After fixing a small bug where Shaq propells himself an infinite amount of distance behind him (whoops) I fixed it, speeding up at first and then slowing down as he reaches his target. I still found that a 500 AoE is a giant AoE, so I edited it to a 250/300/350 AoE so not everything is utterly destroyed.

So now, as a small... thing, I'm going to create 3 barracks spawning stuff, like a tiny AoS arena, only with no way out. Unless you manage to Free Throw something out and then Sidestep/Slam Dunk it.

Anyways, that's the progress, if you want the map, just ask.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Indiana Jones

Innate Spell: Boulder Dodge
Indiana Jones evasion increases by 20% and movement speed by 35% for 5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 70
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Normal Ability: Whip-Trip
Indiana Jones gets out his trusty whip and trips up the Enemy, dealing damage and a small stun.

Level 1: 50 Damage - 1 second stun
Level 2: 90 Damage - 1.2 second stun
Level 3: 130 Damage - 1.4 second stun
Level 4: 170 Damage - 1.6 second stun
Level 5: 200 Damage - 1.8 second stun
Level 6: 250 Damage - 2 second stun

Mana Cost: 120 (+30 every level)
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Range: 750 yrds
Cast Time: Instant

Normal Ability 2: Adventurer (passive)
Indiana Jones grows more confident and observant, increasing his Intelligence and Agility. Later levels inspire other friendly heroes.

Level 1: +1 Agi, +1 Int
Level 2: +2 Agi, +2 Int
Level 3: +3 Agi, +3 Int
Level 4: +4 Agi, +4 Int, +1 Agi and +1 Int to others.
Level 5: +4 Agi, +4 Int, +2 Agi and +2 Int to others.
Level 6: +5 Agi, +5 Int, +3 Agi and +3 Int to others.

Mana Cost: None.
Cooldown: None.
Range: 600 yrds (for the later levels)

Normal Ability 3: Inspiring Theme Music
Upon hearing the Legendary Theme Music, Indiana Jones becomes faster and more confident. His Attack speed and Movement speed is increased along with his damage. Lasts 20 seconds.

Level 1: +30% Attack Speed and Movement Speed. +10% Damage.
Level 2: +45% Attack Speed and Movement Speed. +15% Damage.
Level 3: +60% Attack Speed and Movement Speed. +20% Damage.
Level 4: +75% Attack Speed and Movement Speed. +25% Damage.
Level 5: +90% Attack Speed and Movement Speed. +30% Damage.
Level 6: +100% Attack Speed and Movement Speed. +40% Damage.

Mana Cost: 250 (+30 per level)
Cooldown: 60 seconds

I cant think of anymore :(
If i think of something ill edit this OR if you think of something :p

pheonixashes

Reaction score
To Cheddar:

For the Sidestep: You mean he simply blinks up and hits the unit? That's ok, I guess, though I'd like if there was some offset.

For the Rebound: You don't have to exact the missle arcs and such.

For the Free Throw: Random numbers are good, thanks.

For the Slam Dunk: Change the slow to 25%/30%/35%, that might help. I want to keep slow at at least 10 seconds.

Also, Shaq attacks approximately 1 time per second at max level, so it shouldn't be too bad for the Slam Dunk thing. Plus, most heroes will easily be able to counter it; Batman with his Bat-Bolas or Batarang, Aaron Carter with his meat shield of Fangirls and his Bounce attack, or Godzilla with his multiple stunning nukes.

To Monsterous 1: (Abilities Concieved) Tag means the abilities are thought of, so you can think of anything without that tag.

To Monsterous 2: I'd like everyone's abilities to be based off of their signature ACTIONS. Thanks though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.